|Birth Date||May 5, 1967|
|Occupation||School Lunch Lady|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Fei Long|
██ Hae Da Fung
|Alliance(s)||Fei Long Alliance|
Denise Martin is a contestant from Survivor: China.
Denise Martin was born and raised in Revere, Massachusetts. She attended Revere High School, Class of 1985. She spent one year at the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and then attended Wentworth Institute of Technology, where she received a certificate in Technical School/Telecommunication Electronics.
Martin rides her scooter to her job as a lunch lady for fourth through seventh graders. This involves preparing and serving lunch, along with cleaning the kitchen, five days a week. She previously worked as a short-order cook and a central office technician for a phone company. She also operated and maintained a video game route at eight different colleges, repairing and maintaining video games and juke boxes.
Martin is a Second Degree Black Belt in American Kenpo Karate. She is a student at Revere Karate Academy in Revere. She recently opened her own karate school, Douglas Karate Club. She is a member of the International Kenpo Karate Association. Her hobbies include collecting Budweiser memorabilia, axe and knife throwing, stick fighting, and playing sports with her three daughters. She is an avid Red Sox and Patriots fan; she even named her dachshund Tedy Bruschi K9. She describes herself as competitive, outgoing, strong-willed and determined.
Martin currently resides in Douglas, Massachusetts with her husband of 16 years, Robert. They have three daughters, Erin, 13; Emily, 10; and Samantha, 9. Her birth date is May 5, 1967.
|Denise's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Fei Long Tribe Immune|
|2||Fei Long Tribe Immune|
|4||Fei Long Tribe Immune|
|5||Fei Long Tribe Immune|
|Voted Off, Day 38|
| Voted for|
- During the live Reunion show, Denise Martin stated that she lost her job as a lunch lady after her return from filming. Upon hearing this, the producer, Mark Burnett gave her a $50,000 prize. The school district Denise works for has refuted her version of what happened after she returned from Survivor. According to Douglas Public School District Superintendent Nancy T. Lane, Denise asked for and received a promotion to the higher-paying full-time custodian position before filming began for Survivor. When Denise returned to work, she returned to her new position. She requested to transfer back to her old position, but it was no longer available. On the December 19, 2007 broadcast of The Early Show, Martin apologized, stating that it was "not [her] intention to be misleading" and asked that the $50,000 be donated to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.
- Denise is the oldest member of Fei Long.
- She is also the oldest female to compete on China.
- Of all the female members of Fei Long to make the merge, Denise is the only one to receive votes against her.
- Denise is the only person in the merged tribe not to vote for Jean-Robert at any point.
- She is the only original Fei Long member to be on the jury and not be blindsided.
- Denise became the twelfth contestant that won loved ones challenge, following Greg Buis, Tina Wesson, Lex van den Berghe, Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien, Helen Glover, Matthew von Ertfelda, Jon Dalton, Tom Buchanan, Eliza Orlins, Terry Deitz, and Parvati Shallow.
- Denise never received a vote against her until she got voted out.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Survivor: China Castaways|
Want to play Survivor yourself? Join our version, Survivor: Wikia - Sardinia!