|"Dead Man Walking"|
Jonathan, Lisa, and Abi on the tribe's fishing boat.
|Episode Number:||8/14 (351)|
|Original Release:||November 7th, 2012|
|Viewership (in millions):||10.31|
|Previous:||“Not the Only Actor on This Island”|
|Next:||“Little Miss Perfect”|
Dead Man Walking is the eighth episode of Survivor: Philippines.
Challenge: Catch of the Day
Castaways are split up into two teams of five. One at a time, they must go out in the water and clip a rope to a fish basket containing pieces to a flag puzzle. The other teammates would then drag them back to shore. The first team to assemble the puzzle will win reward.
Reward: A river cruise lunch.
Winners: Yellow Team
|Reward Challenge: Catch of the Day|
Denise, Jeff, Jonathan, Lisa, & Malcolm
Abi-Maria, Artis, Carter, Michael, & Pete
|Role||Blue Team||Yellow Team|
Challenge: Snake in the Grass
Each castaway must traverse a series of hurdles to retrieve bags of puzzle pieces. First three to finish will move on to the final round, where they have to use the puzzle pieces to form a snake. First contestant to finish the snake puzzle wins Immunity.
Winner: Jonathan Penner
|Immunity Challenge: Snake in the Grass|
Jeff & Pete
Abi-Maria, Artis, Carter, Denise, Lisa, Malcolm, & Michael
| Tribal Council 8:|
Jeff (5 votes)
Abi-Maria, Artis, Lisa, Michael, & Pete
Pete (4 votes)
Carter, Denise, Jeff, & Malcolm
Abi-Maria (1 vote)
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(voting for Jeff) Well, I said you were Plan B, but I think this was actually Plan D or E.||”|
|“||(voting for Pete) Pete, it was fantastic to watch your little alliance just kind of implode on itself.||”|
|“||You know what pisses me off? 'Cause I think I've made about 60 million dollars playing baseball, and I want this frickin' million dollars in this game. And it's not even a million bucks! It's 600 grand by the time Obama takes it! I'm a Game 7 World Series loser. You know, I've played in the biggest games in the world and the worst games in the world, but this just sucks!||”|
Still in the Running
| || || || |
| || |
| || || || || |
Behind the Scenes
Life at Ponderosa
- Jeff Kent is welcomed by R.C. Jeff apologizes for his bad judgment call for not taking R.C. and Michael into his alliance.
- Jeff Kent lost 22.5 lbs. in the 22 days he was in the game. Medics then confirm that his MCL was torn (as he speculated when he got injured in the first episode).
- Jeff reveals he is happy when nobody recognized him as a former baseball player, but regrets not taking R.C. and Michael in his alliance.
- Jeff is delighted to see rainfall coming down, wanting the remaining survivors to suffer more.
- This episode was voted the 23rd best Survivor episode of all time in the "Top 25 Greatest Episodes of All Time" poll by Survivor Oz in 2015
- This episode marks the first time that Jonathan Penner won an individual Immunity Challenge in the three seasons he has competed in.
- This episode is similar to “Zipping Over the Cuckoo's Nest” the following season:
- This is the second episode where a reference to Barack Obama (current President of the United States of America) is made, the first being “Bum-Puzzled” a season prior, in which the reference was made by Tarzan Smith.
- The episode title comes from Jeff Kent's confessional, referring to Jonathan Penner winning the individual Immunity Challenge when on the outs of Dangrayne.
|Survivor: Philippines Episodes|
“Survivor Smacked Me in the Chops” · “Don't Be Blinded by the Headlights” · “This Isn't a 'We' Game” · “Create a Little Chaos” · “Got My Swag Back” · “Down and Dirty” · “Not the Only Actor on This Island” · “Dead Man Walking” · “Little Miss Perfect” · “Whiners Are Wieners” · “Hell Hath Frozen Over” · “Shot into Smithereens” · “Gouge My Eyes Out” · “Million Dollar Question”