|"Dead Man Walking"|
Jonathan, Lisa, and Abi on the tribe's fishing boat.
|Episode Number||8/14 (351)|
|First Broadcast||November 7th, 2012|
|Viewership (in millions)||10.31|
|Previous||“Not the Only Actor on This Island”|
|Next||“Little Miss Perfect”|
Dead Man Walking is the eighth episode of Survivor: Philippines.
Challenge: Catch of the Day
Castaways are split up into two teams of five. One at a time, they must go out in the water and clip a rope to a fish basket containing pieces to a flag puzzle. The other teammates would then drag them back to shore. The first team to assemble the puzzle will win reward.
Reward:' 'A river cruise lunch
Winners: Yellow Team
|Reward Challenge: Catch of the Day|
|Won||Yellow Team|| |
Denise, Jeff, Jonathan, Lisa & Malcolm
|Lost||Blue Team|| |
Abi-Maria, Artis, Carter, Michael & Pete
|Role||Blue Team||Yellow Team|
Challenge: Snake in the Grass
Each castaway must traverse a series of hurdles to retrieve bags of puzzle pieces. First three to finish will move on to the final round, where they have to use the puzzle pieces to form a snake. First contestant to finish the snake puzzle wins Immunity.
Winner: Jonathan Penner
|Immunity Challenge: Snake in the Grass|
Jeff & Pete
Abi-Maria, Artis, Carter, Denise, Lisa, Malcolm & Michael
| Tribal Council 8:|
Jeff (5 votes)
Abi-Maria, Artis, Lisa, Michael & Pete
Pete (4 votes)
Carter, Denise, Jeff & Malcolm
Abi-Maria (1 vote)
| VOTED OUT:|
|“||Well, I said you were Plan B, but I think this was actually Plan D or E.||”|
|“||Pete, it was fantastic to watch your little alliance just implode on itself.||”|
|“||You know what pisses me off? I think I've made about 60 million dollars playing baseball, and I want this frickin' million dollars in this game, and it's not even a million bucks! It's 600 grand by the time Obama takes it! I'm a Game 7 World Series loser. I've played in the biggest games in the world and the worst games in the world, but this just sucks.||”|
Still in the RunningEdit
| || || || |
| || |
| || || || || |
Behind the ScenesEdit
Life at PonderosaEdit
- Jeff Kent is welcomed by R.C. Jeff apologizes for his bad judgment call for not taking R.C. and Michael into his alliance.
- Jeff Kent lost 22.5 lbs. in the 22 days he was in the game. Medics then confirm that his MCL was torn (as he speculated when he got injured in the first episode).
- Jeff reveals he is happy when nobody recognized him as a former baseball player, but regrets not taking R.C. and Michael in his alliance.
- Jeff is delighted to see rainfall coming down, wanting the remaining survivors to suffer more.
- This episode marks the first time that Jonathan Penner won Individual Immunity in the three seasons he has competed in.
- This episode is similar to Zipping Over the Cuckoo's Nest in that Malcolm Freberg reveals that he has a Hidden Immunity Idol at the final ten. In both episodes, the intended target won individual immunity, while the person leading the campaign against them was voted out.
- This is the second episode where a reference to Barack Obama (current president of the United States of America) is made, the first being Bum-Puzzled, in which the reference was made by Tarzan Smith.
- This is the first time a first-time male contestant is voted off since Survivor Smacked Me in the Chops.
- The episode title comes from Jeff Kent's confessional, referring to Penner winning Individual Immunity and being on the outs of Dangrayne.
|Survivor: Philippines Episodes|
“Survivor Smacked Me in the Chops” · “Don't Be Blinded by the Headlights” · “This Isn't a 'We' Game” · “Create a Little Chaos” · “Got My Swag Back” · “Down and Dirty” · “Not the Only Actor on This Island” · “Dead Man Walking” · “Little Miss Perfect” · “Whiners Are Wieners” · “Hell Hath Frozen Over” · “Shot into Smithereens” · “Gouge My Eyes Out” · “Million Dollar Question”