|Born:||June 29, 1970|
|Hometown:||South Jordan, Utah|
|Alliance(s):||Stealth R Us|
In South Pacific, she was known as a kind and motherly figure who was popular among her tribe. After her ally John Cochran flipped on their alliance (Savaii Alliance), Dawn's game came to an end. She was voted out on day 27. She was ultimately eliminated in 10th place after coming last in the Redemption Island duel on day 28.
In Caramoan, her choice to play with more aggression and sophistication brought mixed results; her ability to dissemble, to appear to waver between loyalties when in fact she remained committed to her long-term alliance with John Cochran, helped her assert control over the game and played a major role in carrying her and Cochran to the Final Tribal Council. However, the execution of this strategy also saw many public displays of emotional instability, as well as a series of blindsides for which Cochran took much of the strategic credit while Dawn took most of the emotional blame. Her alienation of the jury caused her to receive no votes to win.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Dawn Meehan (41)
Name (Age): Dawn Meehan (42)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Dawn's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Savaii Tribe Immune|
|4||Savaii Tribe Immune|
|6||Savaii Tribe Immune|
|10||Edna|| Albert, Brandon, Coach,|
Cochran, Edna, Rick, Sophie
|Voted Off, Day 27|
|12||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 28|
| Voted for|
^1 In Double Agent, the vote ended with a 6-6 tie between Keith and Rick, forcing a revote. Dawn did not change her vote on the revote.
Dawn Meehan was selected to be a Favorite on Survivor: Caramoan. In the first challenge, she was paired with Erik Reichenbach but lost their round due to a large Shamar Thomas. The rest of Bikal won the challenge and flint with 20 pounds of beans. At camp, two factions emerged, one led by Francesca Hogi and the other led by Phillip Sheppard. Bikal lost the first Immunity Challenge. She and fellow South Pacific alumni and ally, John Cochran found themselves as swing votes. The pair sided with Phillip and his Stealth R Us alliance to vote out Francesca. Brandon Hantz, angry that Francesca was voted out, called the tribe out and berated Dawn so harshly, she broke down crying. Despite that, Bikal started a winning streak, winning five challenges. Dawn enjoyed the luxuries of the consistent victories (fishing gear, comfort items, tarp, rope and a visit from a local tribesman who will teach them who to improve their camp). Problems emerged with Brandon started getting annoyed with Phillip's ego and had violent outbursts such as dumping out the rice. Dawn tried to calm him down but it was no use. At the Immunity Challenge, Bikal was so worried about Brandon hurting them that they asked to go to Tribal Council. After Jeff calmed Brandon down, an Impromptu Tribal Council was held and Brandon was unanimously voted out by a verbal vote.
On Day 14, a tribal switch occurred. Dawn stayed on Bikal with Cochran, Phillip, and Corinne Kaplan and introduced to Michael Snow, Matt Bischoff, and Julia Landauer. Because the new Gota had all of the athletic people, the new Bikal lost all of the challenges. Dawn agreed with sending Matt home first for his friendship with Michael at Cochran's suggestion. Then she followed Corinne's idea of voting out Julia.
On Day 20, The new Gota arrived at the Bikal beach, announcing that the tribes had merged. After the Immunity Challenge that Cochran won, Corinne told Dawn about the plot to eventually blindside Phillip. Not wanting her second season to be a repeat of her first, Dawn decided to relay the information to Cochran, who relayed it to Phillip. Dawn stayed loyal to the Favorites and voted out Corinne for her treachery. Michael was the next to go on Andrea Boehlke's suggestion. While washing her retainer in the Lagoon, her retainer fell into the water. Dawn was very emotional and threatened to pull herself from the game unless she found her retainer. Hearing the commotion, Brenda Lowe decided to help out and found her teeth. Dawn was grateful for Brenda's act of kindness. At the next Reward Challenge, Dawn's team, which consisted of herself, Cochran, Phillip, Erik, and Reynold Toepfer won a reward to a local resort. Dawn washed herself off and enjoyed the last feast of food. Reynold won the next Immunity Challenge. At Tribal Council, The alliance planned to split the vote between Malcolm Freberg and Eddie Fox. However, Malcolm shocked everyone when he pulled two idols and used it to void the votes on him and Eddie, sending Phillip to the jury.
A Survivor Auction was held on Day 29. Dawn spent her $500 on a roasted chicken. She regretted it when letters from home were offered. The former alliance stuck together and split the vote between Malcolm and Reynold, and eliminating Malcolm because he brought a clue to the Idol. The women voted out Reynold next. When the last remaining Amigo, Eddie, failed to win immunity, he appeared to be doomed. Andrea, however, had been campaigning for Brenda's elimination for being a jury threat. Dawn and Cochran decided to stick with the original target, Eddie. Andrea was blindsided when Sherri Biethman chose to vote her out over Eddie or Brenda.
Brenda won the Loved Ones Challenge and chose Dawn to share time her husband, David. However, Brenda gave up hers and Dawn's right to spend with their families to the other four castaways. Dawn was very upset with Brenda's decision. At the Immunity Challenge, it came down to Dawn and Brenda. Dawn outlasted Brenda to win immunity. After the challenge, Cochran wanted Brenda gone as a possible threat to win jury votes, and since he also knew Brenda had been plotting with Dawn and Erik to eliminate him. Dawn was hesitant to commit because of all the kindness Brenda had done for her. In the end, Dawn went along with Cochran and Sherri and voted against Brenda, leaving the latter devastated and Erik stunned. While walking back to camp, Erik collapsed. The medics declared Erik unfit to continue and had him pulled out the camp, leaving Dawn shocked and saddened. In the final immunity, Dawn was able to catch up with Cochran despite his advantage he won in the Reward Challenge. In the end, Cochran won the final immunity. He was sure of taking Sherri to the end as the easiest opponent, leaving Dawn in some danger as he and Sherri debated between her and Eddie as the 3rd finalist. Sherri feared Dawn in a final because she thought that she would play the sympathy card to gain votes. Cochran wondered whom would be easier to beat, Dawn or Eddie. Dawn reminded Cochran and Sherri that Eddie had some good friends and sure votes on the jury, particularly Reynold and Malcolm, and would be much more dangerous to Cochran's winning. Cochran agreed, and when the vote came, outsider Eddie was voted out.
At Final Tribal Council, Dawn kept a calm and composed demeanor despite receiving the brunt of the jury's criticism. She pleaded her case to the jury, telling them she played more cold-blooded this time around. The jury generally disliked her game on account of her backstabbing and insincerity, as well as her inability to separate emotion from the game. Most memorably, Brenda requested Dawn to take out her retainer, which after an argument Dawn complied. Dawn earned no jury votes and tied with Sherri against Cochran, who won unanimously.
|Dawn's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Bikal Tribe Immune|
|3||Bikal Tribe Immune|
|4||Bikal Tribe Immune|
|Co-Runner-Up, Day 39|
^1 In Tubby Lunchbox, the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Julia and Michael, forcing a revote. Dawn did not change her vote on the revote.
^2 In Zipping Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Eddie used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Dawn's vote against him.
^3 In Come Over to the Dark Side, the vote ended with a 3-3-3 tie between Andrea, Malcolm, and Reynold, forcing a revote. Dawn voted for Malcolm on the revote.
- Due to the negative backlash regarding Brenda Lowe's elimination, Dawn had deleted her Twitter account. She later came back to Twitter after the comments died down.
|Statistics of Dawn Meehan|
|Total votes received:||11|
|Days spent on Redemption Island:||1|
- Jeff Probst stated that Dawn was almost placed on Survivor: Nicaragua, but was replaced by Holly Hoffman.
- Jeff Probst said in the Survivor: South Pacific cast assessment that Dawn said she was glad she was not on Nicaragua, as South Pacific was better for her.
- Dawn first auditioned for Survivor: The Australian Outback.
- Dawn is the oldest female member of Savaii.
- Dawn is the oldest woman to win the Water Torture challenge.
- Dawn is the oldest female contestant in Survivor: Caramoan.
- Dawn is the highest ranking Bikal female.
- In Caramoan, Jeff Probst mentioned that Dawn winning immunity in "Don't Say Anything About My Mom" was the first time it happened. This is incorrect; she previously won immunity in "Double Agent".
- Dawn is one of three returnees in Caramoan to improve on their original placement. The others being John Cochran and Brenda Lowe.
- Dawn was the lowest ranking returnee from Survivor: South Pacific. She was tied with Brenda Lowe for the second lowest ranking returnee overall in Caramoan with 10th place.
- Both times Dawn got votes in Caramoan, it was only one vote from the youngest person attending the Tribal Council.
- Dawn, alongside John Cochran, are the first returning players to make it to Day 39 with someone from their original season. They would then be followed by Spencer Bledsoe and Tasha Fox in Cambodia.
- Dawn lost 27 lbs. (12.25 kg) during Caramoan.
- According to an interview, Dawn claimed her total winnings was $92,500. Dawn said this was the result of combining the 2nd and 3rd place winnings and divided it between her and Sherri.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/62881/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/203543/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjz2zhVuSS8
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqfyy72ruOc
- ↑ http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/13/survivor-caramoan-dawn-meehan-brenda/
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2013/05/13/survivor-caramoan-dawn-meehan-brenda
|Survivor: South Pacific Castaways|
|Survivor: Caramoan Castaways|