|Born:||February 26, 1968|
|Occupation:||Miami Marlins President|
David Samson is a contestant from Survivor: Cagayan.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): David Samson (45)
Tribe Designation: Luzon
Current Residence: Plantation, Fla.
Occupation: President, Miami Marlins
Personal Claim to Fame: Got local government in Miami to contribute over 350 million dollars to a new baseball park during the recession.
Inspiration in Life: My grandfather, who taught me how to both make money and be charitable.
Hobbies: Running, watching movies and traveling.
Pet Peeves: Laziness, entitlement and those who are not charitable.
3 Words to Describe You: Persistent, witty and aggressive.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? Ambien so I could sleep, lotion/sunblock so I would not burn but tan, and a baseball so I could have a catch.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Boston Rob. He won the game before others thought it had started.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Winning! The desire to be extraordinary and doing what all say they could not do.
Why You Think You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: My persistence in getting tasks done and by leading without actually being a leader.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: I always win, because people underestimate me.
Do You Consider Yourself a Brain, a Beauty or a Brawn? I consider myself 60% brain, 35% beauty and 5% brawn. While I have been able to accomplish certain athletic feats like being the only Team President to complete the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii, those feats are generally more a test of the mind than the body. The very hardest thing to accomplish is to convince your brain to keep going when your body is telling you to stop. I have been able to control my brain to maximize whatever talents I may have both on and off the field.
Who Do You Think Has the Best Chance in the Game of Survivor: Brains, Beauty or Brawn? I believe Brawn has the best chance because in Survivor, any inkling of a Brain is an automatic target due to the inherent insecurity of Brawn and Beauty.
At the start of the game, David was placed on the Luzon tribe. At the First Impressions, David was deemed the leader of the tribe. When Jeff Probst assigned David to vote out the tribe's weakest member, he opted to send Garrett Adelstein for being a potential threat later on. This move angered Garrett, who began to plot against David. Following Luzon's first Immunity Challenge loss, David decided to target J'Tia Taylor for elimination. Unbeknownst to him, Garrett organized an alliance against David and blindsided him in a 4-2 vote at their first Tribal Council.
|David's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||J'Tia|| Garrett, J'Tia, |
|Voted Off, Day 3|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
- David is the oldest member of the Luzon tribe.
- David is the second Survivor contestant to be affiliated in some way with Major League Baseball, following Jeff Kent from Survivor: Philippines.
- The season premiere of Survivor: Cagayan, in which David was voted out, aired on his 46th birthday.
- Samson is the second person named David to be the lowest placing member of a tribe, as David Murphy from Survivor: Redemption Island was the lowest placing member of the Murlonio tribe.
- However, he is the first David to be the first person voted out of a tribe, and the first David to be the lowest placing member of a starting tribe.
- Coincidentally, David was voted as leader, yet was the first person voted out of the tribe.
- David is the only tribe leader to be voted out pre-merge.
- David is the only male from Luzon that didn't find a Hidden Immunity Idol.
|Survivor: Cagayan Castaways|