|Born:||May 19, 1981|
|Alliance(s):|| Morgan Alliance|
Darrah Johnson is a contestant from Survivor: Pearl Islands.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Darrah Johnson was born and raised in Liberty, Mississippi, and works as a mortician/funeral director. She previously worked as a salesperson, a fitness trainer and a waitress. She holds an Associate of Arts degree in mortuary science from the Southwest Mississippi Community College and Holmes Community College of Funeral Services. Her favorite hobbies include riding four-wheelers, working out and hunting. She describes herself as outspoken, daring and adventurous. She would love to be a coroner. She is most proud of passing her National Board of Funeral Service exam to become a certified mortician and is also proud of winning Most Beautiful at Holmes Community College. Her favorite sports are softball and basketball. Her dad is her hero because he's worked hard for the family and has always been there for her. Her primary motive for participating is for the challenge and the fact that she'd love to meet new people from all over the world with different personalities. She feels she could do well on SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS because she considers herself hard working, competitive, athletic, ambitious, determined and in great physical and mental health.
Though Johnson was not much seen during the early days of the competition, she was part of the Morgan majority alliance that comprised herself, Tijuana Bradley, Ryan Opray, Osten Taylor, and Andrew Savage. While Morgan suffered an early five-challenge losing streak against the rival Drake tribe, the Morgan five-person alliance eliminated Nicole Delma, Ryan Shoulders, and Lillian Morris at the first three Tribal Councils, immediately dwindling the tribe to the five alliance members. Darrah and the rest of the Morgans then experienced their first victory, thanks to Burton Roberts who threw the Day 12 Immunity Challenge to supposedly eliminate Christa Hastie, but eventually backfired on him, causing his elimination instead. The loss of Burton sent Drake into a losing streak, evening up the tribe with five members each after Day 18.
After losing the surprise challenge against The Outcasts (consisting of the first six eliminated contestants) on Day 19, Darrah, Andrew, Ryan O., and Tijuana granted Osten's wish to voluntarily quit the game. The same night, the last person eliminated by the majority, Lillian returned into the game. The next day, the two tribes merged into the Balboa tribe. While still being resented by Andrew, Lillian flipped to the Drake alliance, Darrah's alliance crumbled, with Andrew and Ryan O. being voted out. Despite the Drake's majority over Morgan, Burton and Jon planned to eliminate Rupert Boneham, whose popularity made him the biggest threat. With this, the two recruited the remaining Morgan tribe members, Darrah and Tijuana, to oust him. Though successful, Darrah's only remaining ally Tijuana went home next.
After Tijuana's elimination, Darrah had shown that despite her small frame, she would conquer in challenges by winning three consecutive Immunity Challenges, making her tribe mates brand her as a new threat. On Day 36, Sandra Diaz-Twine wanted to usurp Burton and Jon by making an all-girl alliance with Lillian and Darrah. Burton was disposed (for a second time), leaving Jon alone.
In a high-stakes Immunity Challenge, where the jury will work as a unit to try to deny the four remaining players immunity (while the players will have to fend for themselves), the jury won, thus confiscating the Immunity Necklace. Darrah was next to go because of her recent dominance in challenges.
At the Final Tribal Council, she voted for Sandra, who eventually was crowned Sole Survivor.
|Darrah's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|4||Morgan Tribe Immune|
|5||Morgan Tribe Immune|
|6||Morgan Tribe Immune|
|14||Lillian|| Jon, Lillian,|
|Voted Off, Day 37|
| Voted for|
- On January 9, 2010, Darrah attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Darrah has since married and now goes by the name Darrah Sparacino.
- Darrah was the youngest contestant in Pearl Islands.
- Darrah is the first, and so far only, Survivor contestant from Mississippi.
- Darrah won three successive individual Immunity Challenges, only one short of Kelly Wiglesworth's record of four in a row in Borneo.
- Darrah was referenced in Survivor: All-Stars, during a quiz-type Immunity Challenge about the show's first seven seasons. The question about her was "In "Pearl Islands", who was the mortician?" This prompted Lex van den Berghe to say "I remember Darrah!"
- Darrah also went by the nickname "D".
- Darrah was planning to go on The Amazing Race. However, her partner, a friend, backed out at the last minute.
- According to her interview with Survivor Oz, Russell Hantz is her favorite contestant, her favorite season was Survivor: Africa because of Big Tom, while her least favorite was Survivor: All-Stars for not being interesting.
|Survivor: Pearl Islands Castaways|