|Born:||November 29, 1975|
Daniel Lue is a contestant from Survivor: The Amazon.
Daniel was quickly maligned by some members of his tribe for being shiftless around camp and ineffective in challenges. Despite striking up genuine friendships with Ryan Aiken and Matthew von Ertfelda, he was not able to overcome his early setbacks and was eliminated in 14th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Daniel Lue graduated from the University of Texas in Austin with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance. He currently works as a tax accountant and last year started his own specialty coffee distribution company.
Lue's favorite hobbies include surfing the web, martial arts, bodybuilding, and pro-wrestling. He is a black belt in Wu Shu Kung Fu. He describes himself as energetic, vivacious and competitive. His favorite sport is basketball and his favorite team is the Houston Rockets (his new favorite player is Yao Ming). He considers his greatest achievement transforming himself from a "98-pound weakling" into a bodybuilder. He considers his mother to be his greatest influence and admires Charles Barkley and Bill O'Reilly. Daniel is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese, and also speaks French and Spanish. His favorite way to relax is to go on a cruise to the Caribbean. He also enjoys eating sushi with friends and clubbing. He plans on visiting China in the near future to discover his roots.
Lue is currently single and resides in Houston, Texas. His birth date is November 29, 1975.
Daniel Lue was placed on the all-male Tambaqui tribe. Like the other men, Daniel felt they could dominate challenges over the all-female Jaburu tribe. Roger Sexton told Daniel and Ryan Aiken to help out at camp, they preferred to talk to each other instead. Even when they did help around camp, Daniel and Ryan were inept. Roger deemed them useless and to be the next to go. At the first challenge of the season, the men initially had the lead. However, Daniel and Ryan both had trouble on the balance beam. This allowed the women to catch-up and surpass the men to win immunity. Most of the blame was on Ryan. Dave Johnson decided to vote against Daniel because of his attitude. Despite Ryan's attempts to turn the vote against Roger, Rob Cesternino cast the deciding vote against Ryan.
Jaburu won the next challenge, but Tambaqui won immunity. At this point, the conflict between Daniel and Roger was so bad that they refused to talk to each other. Daniel's best friend was Matthew von Ertfelda, who was born in Hong Kong and spoke Mandarin Chinese. They talked about how insecure Roger was. At the same time, Rob wanted Roger out very badly. At the Reward Challenge, Daniel scored the first point in the game against Shawna Mitchell (the girl who he liked most on Jaburu). Despite that, he cost Tambaqui the win when he asked Heidi Strobel for conditioner, something that Rob had just done. Jaburu also won the Immunity Challenge. Daniel questioned how the tribes are equal if the women are winning most challenges. Knowing Rob would only vote against Roger if there was a majority, Daniel tried to convince Alex Bell to vote out the abrasive 56-year old. Unfortunately, Daniel's lobbying failed and he was unanimously voted out.
|Daniel's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Tambaqui Tribe Immune|
|3||Roger|| Alex, Butch, Dave,|
Matthew, Rob, Roger
|Voted Off, Day 9|
- Sometime after filming, Daniel discovered that he had contracted malaria while playing Survivor. He made a full recovery.
- Daniel has since appeared in some reality shows and worked as an actor in movies and TV series.
- On January 9, 2010, Daniel attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Daniel was featured as the spokesperson in a Canadian infomercial for a product called the Qi Biomagnetic Bracelet.
- Daniel attended the Survivor edition of The Price Is Right primetime special that aired on May 23, 2016. However, Daniel himself did not compete.
- Daniel is the first male Asian-American to play Survivor and second overall Asian-American player, preceded by Shii Ann Huang.
- Daniel's luxury item was a pair of magnetic rings.
- Both times Daniel went to Tribal Council, he voted against Roger and received votes from Dave.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20558/
- ↑ Paulsen, Wade (February 20, 2003). "'Survivor' Daniel Comes Down With Malaria". Entertainment Weekly. http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/survivor-daniel-comes-down-with-malaria-973.php. Retrieved May 29, 2013.
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1348111/
- ↑ https://vimeo.com/dazzleproductions/qi#t=47s
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BDE5hRahZQR/
|Survivor: The Amazon Castaways|