|Dawn, Ozzy, and Whitney compete in the duel.|
|Episode Number:||12/15 (326)|
|Original Release:||November 30, 2011|
|Viewership (in millions):||11.05|
|Previous:||“A Closer Look”|
|Next:||“Ticking Time Bomb”|
Cult Like is the twelfth episode of Survivor: South Pacific.
Challenge: Offer It Up
Each player is provided a one-arm balance adjusted for their height, with a small disk at the far end. During the challenge, the host will call out specific dishware that the player must take and stack on the far end of the balance. Should any part of a player's stack fall, that player is out of the challenge. Last person standing wins, sending the other two players home.
Winner: Ozzy Lusth
| Redemption Island|
Dawn & Whitney
|Duel: Offer It Up|
Dawn Meehan & Whitney Duncan
Challenge: Deja Vu
Players will stand on their mats and pick up sandbags, throwing them one at a time landing on the boxes. The first three to get a sandbag on each of their three boxes moves on to the next round. The final three moving onto the giant slingshots will be aiming at three different targets. The first player to knock over all three targets wins immunity.
Reward: Individual immunity, as well as a shower and a massage to be waiting back at camp
Winner: Albert Destrade (shared reward with Coach Wade and gave up his own reward to John Cochran)
|Reward/Immunity Challenge: Deja Vu|
Rick & Sophie
Brandon, Coach, Cochran, & Edna
| Tribal Council 12:|
Cochran (5 votes)
Albert, Brandon, Coach, Rick, & Sophie
Rick (2 votes)
Cochran & Edna
| VOTED OFF:|
(sent to Redemption Island)
Cochran is shown writing down Rick's name.
|“||(voting for Cochran) Cochran, thanks for making the big move when you made it. Happy birthday.||”|
|“||(voting for Rick) Rick, I'm writing your name down. Hopefully, the other three people in our suballiance will be writing your name down, too.||”|
Still in the Running
| || || || || || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
- This episode's duel is a throwback to the challenges used in “A Slippery Little Sucker” and “Anything Could Happen”.
- This episode marks the only instance where this challenge was used, and it wasn't the season finale.
- This episode marks the last time Brandon receives no votes at a Tribal Council.
- This episode was nominated for Outstanding Picture Editing for Reality Programming at the 64th Emmy Awards.
- ↑ http://www.spottedratings.com/2011/09/spotvault-survivor-cbs-south-pacific.html
- ↑ "Behind the Scenes - Challenge Promo". CBS. November 28, 2011. http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s23_ep11_challenge.html. Retrieved November 29, 2011.
- ↑ http://www.emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners/2012/outstanding-picture-editing-for-reality-programming
|Survivor: South Pacific Episodes|
“I Need Redemption” · “He Has Demons” · “Reap What You Sow” · “Survivalism” · “Taste the Victory” · “Free Agent” · “Trojan Horse” · “Double Agent” · “Cut Throat” · “Running the Show” · “A Closer Look” · “Cult Like” · “Ticking Time Bomb” · “Then There Were Five” · “Loyalties Will Be Broken”