|Birth Date||March 28, 1979|
|Occupation|| Olympic athlete|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Fang|
Crystal Cox is a contestant from Survivor: Gabon.
An Olympic Athlete, Crystal introduced herself as a teacher but later she revealed her true occupation. Despite her training, she suffered in physical challenges.
Crystal Cox, a 2004 Olympic Gold Medalist in track for the 4 X 400m Relay, is ready to tackle new challenges as a contestant on this season of SURVIVOR. As a single mother and athlete, she is the sole provider for her family and calls herself "the glue that holds the home together."
As a child, Cox's family frequently moved, forcing her to adapt. The only girl in a home with four brothers, Crystal held her own physically and became mentally tough as a result.
Cox currently works as childcare teacher, high school track coach and a professional athlete. She has a B.A. in communications from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
When Crystal is not training to compete, she enjoys surfing the internet, traveling and relaxing. Her hobbies include volleyball, kickball and softball. She describes herself as a leader who is outspoken and open minded. She possesses the three "Bs" required to be Sole Survivor, which are: brains, beauty and blazing speed!
Cox currently lives with her daughter, Destiny, her boyfriend Harry and his son.
|Crystal's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Fang Tribe Immune|
|9||Charlie|| Bob, Charlie,|
|13|| || Bob, Matty,|
|Voted Off, Day 36|
| Voted for|
- Since Survivor: Gabon, Crystal has married.
- On January 29, 2010, the Associated Press and ESPN.com reported that Crystal admitted to using anabolic steroids from 2001 through 2004. As a result, she has forfeited all of her results from that time period, and received a four-year suspension. The suspension will last until January 2014. The International Association of Athletics Federations has recommended that the entire U.S. 2004 Olympic women's 4x400m relay team be stripped of their gold medals.
- Crystal won 2 challenges and lost 19 over the course of the game. Of the 19 losses, 11 were tribal challenges and 8 were individual challenges.
- Both challenges Crystal won were in the same episode.
- Crystal's 11 losses in tribal challenges ties her with Bobby Jon Drinkard, Stephenie LaGrossa, and her tribemate Ken Hoang for the second-most in a single season. The person with the most losses in tribal challenges was Mookie Lee with 12.
- Crystal is the tallest female Survivor so far, at 6' 3" (190cm).
- Crystal had the most votes cast against her in Survivor: Gabon with 11.
- Crystal was only immune for one Tribal Council.
- Crystal turned downed the offer to appear on American Gladiator to be on Survivor.
|Survivor: Gabon Castaways|