|Birth Date||January 17, 1979|
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation|| Pharmaceutical Sales Rep.|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Kota|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Bikal|
██ Enil Edam
|Alliance(s)|| Stealth R Us|
Cool Kids Alliance (affiliated)
She was known for her fierce and hate filled Jury speech in Survivor: Gabon and her tactless confessionals in Survivor: Caramoan. She is also infamous for her hatred of other castaways, most notably Sugar Kiper and Phillip Sheppard.
Corinne Kaplan takes great pride in being able to manipulate the people around her. As a pharmaceutical sales rep, this smart and sexy fish is in it purely for the money. At work, Corinne must convince physicians to prescribe her products. Now, Corinne is looking to convince her fellow tribe mates that she's trustworthy, while ready to sell them out behind their backs.
This catty former sorority girl uses her wit and sex appeal to further her goals. Aside from working out in the gym almost every day, Corinne keeps fit by hiking and running. Corinne will tell it like it is and couldn't care less what people think of her for it. Her outgoing personality is a trait that seems to work well on the men in her life. Corinne basically has no filter and is often hilarious in her directness, saying what everyone else only thinks.
Corinne is single and currently resides in Los Angeles. Her birth date is January 17, 1979.
Name (Age): Corinne Kaplan (33)
Tribe Designation: Bikal, Enil Edam
Previous Season: Survivor: Gabon – 12th castaway voted out/4th Jury Member
Current Residence: Los Angeles, CA
Occupation: Clinical Consultant
Personal Claim to Fame: Being me and never holding anything back.
Inspiration in Life: This implies I want to “be like” someone else - I don’t. Though I do have role models, like my parents. My father taught me that life isn’t fair, and you have to work hard for what you want. My mother taught me the alternative is you can marry the guy who does all that. Both lessons are equally important to me.
Hobbies: Shutting down small talk.
Pet Peeves: So called “actors” living in Hollywood, reality show losers and anyone who uses the “door open” button in an elevator.
3 Words to Describe You: Snarky, irreverent and opinionated.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) Music – It is outrageous how slow time passes out there. 2) Hat – I aged an extra five years from squinting at the sun last time. 3) Journal – I want to remember every moment out there this time around.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Randy Bailey from “Survivor: Gabon.” Hands down, no one else even comes close.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I ran out of bar stories to tell from the first go-round.
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I can handle both the physical and the mental aspects of the game like a champ, and I thoroughly enjoy watching everyone else who can’t.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I don’t have any insecurities. It is my experience that everyone else who plays this game is riddled with them. I plan to break them down and eat them alive.
|“||I'm gonna be a total b***h, I'm gonna get rid of who I have to get rid of, I'm gonna hurt people's feelings, I'm gonna laugh when people cry, and I'm gonna own it.||”|
–Corinne, talking about her game.
In Survivor: Gabon Corinne was picked by Jacquie Berg to be on the Kota tribe. Marcus Lehman recruited her as a member of his Onion Alliance. She grew close to fellow Kota member Bob Crowley and recruited him into the alliance. The first time she had to attend Tribal Council she voted with her alliance to oust weak tribe member Paloma Soto-Castillo.
After the Day 10 Tribe Switch she remained on Kota, with the rest of her allies minus Jacquie. Kota continued their good challenge performance, only having to visit Tribal Council once in the next four episodes, where original Fang member Dan Kay was eliminated. After the second Tribe Switch on Day 22, Corinne was switched to the Fang tribe along with Randy Bailey and Charlie Herschel. Fang won the next Immunity Challenge leaving Corinne safe.
When the tribes merged on Day 25 her alliance had the numbers, but Susie Smith jumped ship to the Fang Alliance, which resulted in her allies being picked off one by one, starting with Charlie. She finished in 7th place and as the 4th member of the jury. At the Final Tribal Council after making one of the most memorable Jury speeches in Survivor history she voted for her ally Bob to win.
|Corinne's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Kota Tribe Immune|
|2||Kota Tribe Immune|
|4||Kota Tribe Immune|
|5||Kota Tribe Immune|
|6||Kota Tribe Immune|
|8||Fang Tribe Immune|
|12||Matty|| Crystal, Matty,|
|Voted Off, Day 33|
| Voted for|
|Statistics of Corinne Kaplan|
|Total number of days||55|
|Total votes received||11|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
Corinne returned as one of ten Favorites that comprised the Bikal tribe. Corinne was immediately recruited to Phillip Sheppard's second incarnation of the Stealth R Us alliance, along with Andrea Boehlke, John Cochran, Dawn Meehan, and Malcolm Freberg, receiving the code-name "The Dominatrix". The alliance enjoyed their majority as they voted out Francesca Hogi in a 6-4 vote at the first Tribal Council. Corinne and Malcolm also developed a close friendship within the Stealth R Us alliance, and they found the Hidden Immunity Idol together on Day 4. Despite being in a good position, Andrea did not completely trust her and considered blindsiding her at the next opportunity.
Shortly before the tribe's fifth Immunity Challenge, Brandon Hantz dumped Bikal's rice and beans in a fit of rage after a heated argument between himself and Phillip. At the challenge, Brandon took the time to lash out at Phillip for demeaning everyone with his Stealth R Us code-names, and even yelled at Corinne for trying to be nice to the Fans when they clearly didn't respect them. Corinne was relieved to see Brandon Hantz get voted off right then and there.
After Brandon's departure, Bikal gained Gota members Matt Bischoff, Michael Snow, and Julia Landauer after a tribe swap. Corinne was excited about gaining Michael due to her love for gay contestants. Corinne's budding friendship with Michael became a concern for Phillip, Dawn, and Cochran. Corinne, despite her annoyance with Phillip, stayed loyal to the alliance and voted out Matt and Julia at the next two Tribal Councils, keeping Michael in the game because of their friendship.
When the two tribes merged, Corinne quickly went back to Malcolm, who had told her he now had an alliance with Eddie Fox, Reynold Toepfer, and Erik Reichenbach, while Corinne had one with Michael, putting their numbers up to 6. Corinne attempted to talk Dawn into joining the alliance for the majority, saying that after Sherri is voted off, she wanted to target Phillip, but Dawn relayed the information back to Phillip, who was angered at Corinne's betrayal. At Tribal Council, Corinne paid for her flipping as she was blindsided by a 7-5 vote.
|Corinne's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Bikal Tribe Immune|
|3||Bikal Tribe Immune|
|4||No Tribal Council|
|Bikal Tribe Immune|
|8||Sherri|| Andrea, Brenda, Cochran,|
Dawn, Erik, Phillip, Sherri
|Voted Off, Day 22|
- Corinne remains good friends with Malcolm Freberg; the two watch Survivor together.
- Corinne is also close friends with his frenemy, Abi-Maria Gomes
- Corinne revealed on the Survivor After Show that she had a deep relationship and mutual respect for fellow Bikal tribemate Dawn.
- Corinne was asked to appear on Survivor: Heroes vs Villains, but was unable to appear and compete due to work commitments.
- In both seasons in which Corinne competed, she was voted out in the 5th tribal council she attended.
- Corinne was the oldest female member on the original Kota tribe.
- Corinne was nicknamed "The Dominatrix" by Phillip Sheppard.
- Corinne is the last original Kota member to be voted off due to both Bob and Sugar making it to Final Tribal Council.
- Corinne is the only returnee from Survivor: Gabon to not be the first voted out of their original tribe, as Randy Bailey and Sugar Kiper were both voted out of their tribes first in Heroes vs. Villains.
- She was, however, the first one voted out of the merged tribe, meaning all returning players from Gabon thus far have been the first person voted out of a tribe.
- Corinne is the only person from a 20-castaway season to be on the merged tribe, but not on the jury.
- Both times Corinne was eliminated, it was on a day with repeating digits, having been voted out on Day 33 on Gabon and Day 22 on Caramoan. Both Tribal Councils she was voted out of were her fifth on that season.
- On both of her seasons, Corinne received no votes until she was voted out.
- On both her seasons one of the original tribe names ended in -ota and the merged tribe's name was a name spelled backwards.
- Corinne previously dated Survivor winner Ethan Zohn.
- Corinne voted for a different contestant at every Tribal Council she attended
- Corinne is the only castaway to win an advantage in an Immunity Challenge, from an Auction, and not win the following Immunity Challenge.
- Despite only playing twice, she holds the record for being part of the most tribe swaps, with 3.
- Corinne shares her birthday with John Cochran
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Survivor: Gabon Castaways|
|Survivor: Caramoan Castaways|