|Birth Date||November 22, 1990|
|Hometown|| Monroeville, Alabama;|
Being the only gay member of the Manono tribe, Colton began the game as the odd-man-out. However, receiving a Hidden Immunity Idol from Sabrina Thompson granted him control over the Manono tribe, gathering those in the minority and successfully taking threats out; but he later met this position of power with conceit and self-importance, to a degree of blurting out derogatory remarks to his fellow competitors. Colton's game reached its abrupt end when a medical condition pulled him from the game, not before taking his idol with him.
In Blood vs. Water, Colton competed with his his fiancé, Caleb Bankston in an attempt to show the growth he went through after drawing a lot of negative attention after One World, but found himself reverting to his old ways of chaos. However, his tribemates rejected his brand of playing. Frustrated for not getting his way, Colton quit the game at Redemption Island moments before the next duel took place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Colton Cumbie (20)
Tribe Designation: Manono
Personal Claim to Fame: I came out as gay when I was 12 years old, sixth grade in South Alabama. My parents definitely did not run out to join Parents of Lesbian and Gay (PFLAG) and it took a long time but they came around. It was weird at school but I didn't play the victim and run home to cry. I stood up for myself and explained that being gay wasn't who I was but part of who I am.
Inspiration in Life: My nanny/grandmother who is technically my great-aunt but she and her husband took my mom in when she was 2 months old after her dad abandoned her. My grandmother is the most amazing person I know. She is literally my 73-year-old best friend! She has been there for me through everything, definitely the biggest impact on who I am today.
Hobbies: Socializing, watching reality TV and writing.
Pet Peeves: Ugly people who think they're hot.
3 Words to Describe You: Adorable, entertaining and opinionated.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: As far as my personality goes I would be a mix of Queen Parvati, Corinne and J.T. I embody three of their distinctive traits; heartlessness (in a loveable way), low tolerance for trash and that people hate me but still want to be my best friend.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to play the game! The strategy, the challenges, I want it all! I don't care about the fame or whether people love or hate me. I would love nothing more than to see my verbally abusive stepdad's reaction when I win a million dollars on national TV.
Why You Think You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I live my life as I if I'm playing Survivor! I have a strategy for everything. Hell, the way I got my boyfriend was a strategy.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: I don't believe, I know! There has never been anyone with the social skills and charisma I possess on this show. I'm confident, hilarious, athletic, good looking, adorable and I have good teeth with a hint of Southern charm. What more could you want?
Blood vs. Water
Name (Age): Colton Cumbie (22)
Tribe Designation: Galang
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Caleb's Fiancé
Previous Season: Survivor: One World – medically evacuated on Day 16 due to illness – 6th out
Current Residence: Collinsville, Ala.
Occupation: Student Teacher
Why Did You Want to Return to Survivor and Play with Your Loved One? I probably wouldn't have said yes to returning if not for this specific twist. Last time I played I was extremely homesick and missed Caleb like crazy. He is my best friend and probably is the one between the two of us who should've been on Survivor in the first place. While I'm a highly emotional person, Caleb is very logical. He also keeps me calm in stressful situations. Having him with me will give me the emotional stability I need to combine with my already strong concept of strategy.
Survivor: One World
|“||He makes Russell look like... a freaking schoolgirl!||”|
–Jonas Otsuji (on Colton)
When Colton and the other contestants arrived, Colton was hoping to be placed on a tribe with females. Instead, the teams were arranged according to gender, much to his dismay and dislike. He found consolation upon learning that his all-male Manono tribe will coexist with the all-female Salani tribe. Colton wasted no time mingling with the girls more than his own tribe, even as going far as not helping in the males' camp chores. He was well-liked by the women, on Day 3, Colton received a Hidden Immunity Idol from Salani member Sabrina Thompson, because it was exclusive for Manono's disposal. Thompson told him to use the idol to eliminate threats.
By Day 4, Colton's frequent visits to Salani started to grate the women, with the women telling him to get to know his own tribemates, something he did not do as much with Salani. Using the idol as leverage, he formed an unlikely "misfit" alliance with Troyzan Robertson, Leif Manson, Jonas Otsuji, and Tarzan Smith, to combat the "Muscle Alliance," consisted by Manono's strongest members.
When Manono lost their first Immunity Challenge on Day 8, Colton began his strategy. His orginal target was Bill because of Bill's loss in the challenge and obnoxious behavior. However, the misfit alliance persuaded Colton to vote out Matt who was seen as a bigger threat. At Tribal Council, Colton revealed that he had an Immunity Idol to the rest of his team. Colton's alliance was successful on taking down one of the muscles, Matt Quinlan.
Colton gained an enemy in "muscle" alliance member Bill Posley, who, despite Bill having no problems at all with Colton, Colton viewed Bill as loud and obnoxious. On Day 11, a heated confrontation escalated between the two men when Colton became increasingly frustrated with Bill, refusing to talk to him, while Bill attempted to make amends with him. Colton then conversed with allies Troyzan and Jonas about giving up immunity to the women so that they could vote out Bill, however Tarzan and Troyzan felt that ally Leif should be the next to go, since he betrayed their trust by accidently telling Bill that Colton wanted him out last round. Unanimously, Colton got his way and the men headed to Tribal Council. Another heated debate ensued between Bill and Colton when Colton revealed to Jeff that he did not like Bill because he was obnoxious, loud, and that he needed to "get a real job" instead of being a struggling stand-up comedian, which Bill did not accept lightly, saying it was his dream to be a comedian. Colton was then asked by Jeff if there are any black people in his personal life, and Colton responded that his house helper is black. In the end, Colton ultimately got his wish, and Bill was unanimously voted out.
The next day, a Tribe Switch occurred, and Colton remained at Manono, and in an unfortunate turn of events, the new Manono tribe, was almost entirely comprised of physically weaker competitors, save for Monica Culpepper. Colton likened their situation as "peasants" being pitted against "Greek Gods," referring to the much physically stronger new Salani tribe. Lucky for Colton, the majority of the Misfit alliance, Jonas, Tarzan and Leif, remained on his tribe as well. Colton approached their new members, Monica, Alicia Rosa, and Christina Cha, that he is still on board with the women, but in truth, he was making a play to blindside them. Colton conspired with Alicia, the only member of the Salani Alliance to be in the new Manono to eliminate the other two women, with Culpepper going first, as she is a physical threat. In a rather lopsided physical Immunity Challenge, Monica tried to solely carry the challenge for the tribe, but Manono's disadvantage sent them to Tribal Council. At Tribal Council, while Christina and Monica believed Colton (and Alicia) were on their side, Colton pulled a double-cross, blindsiding Monica in a 5-2 vote.
Returning from Tribal Council, Colton and Alicia taunt Christina and tell her that she was going home next. Colton's dislike of Christina intensified at the next Reward Challenge, where Colton harped on Christina's poor performance. On Day 16, Colton began to complain about suffering a headache. Tarzan diagnosed it as dehydration and told Colton to drink more water. Colton stumbled into the forest where he collapsed on the ground and despite bullying her, Christina helped him walk back to camp. The medical team diagnosed Colton with acute appendicitis, and recommended him to be evacuated from the game. Before leaving, Jeff asked Colton on what to do with his Hidden Immunity Idol, and while Alicia assumed he will give it to her, Colton decided to keep the idol with him as a souvenir, after which he was carried away by a stretcher. Because of Colton's evacuation, there was no Immunity Challenge, and the tribes were convened at Tribal Council the next day, where they were informed about Colton's condition and removal from the game, and the announcement of the merge.
|Colton's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Manono Tribe Immune|
|2||Manono Tribe Immune|
|Evacuated, Day 16|
Survivor: Blood vs. Water
|Statistics of Colton Cumbie|
|Total number of days||23|
|Total votes received||1|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||0|
Colton entered the game on the Galang tribe, who generally dominated in challenges. When Jeff announced that the returnees would be playing against their loved ones, Colton was visibly upset. For the first day, Colton tried to sell his new "change of personality" from his previous season. However, Colton became frustrated with the tribe's peacefulness, stating that "they should be playing Survivor!". Colton tried to create chaos in the tribe, by backstabbing everyone and creating fake alliances. Colton was caught in his actions, and this formed the 5-person alliance of Tyson Apostol, Aras Baskauskas, Gervase Peterson, Tina Wesson, and Monica Culpepper. Over the course of the next few days, the game started drifting from Colton's grasp, and he felt like an outcast. On Day 7, when Galang headed to Redemption Island to witness the duel between Candice Cody, Marissa Peterson, and Rachel Foulger, Colton decided to quit the game because he was depressed he wasn't with his partner, Caleb Bankston, and he just felt that he had no shot at winning due to being on the outs of his tribe and nobody wanting to talk strategy with him. Denying the tribe the satisfaction of getting him voted out, Colton left the game for good.
|Colton's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|Galang Tribe Immune|
|2||Galang Tribe Immune|
|3||No Tribal Council|
|Quit, Day 7|
- Colton was supposed to be married to Caleb. However, Caleb was killed in a railroad accident on June 24, 2014. They were supposed to get married in October 2014.
- In his pre-show interview for One World, he claimed that he invited fifteen other peers during his 10th birthday party just to play Survivor.
- Colton is the first contestant to both be medically evacuated and quit.
- Colton is the youngest person to be evacuated from the game due to medical reasons.
- Colton was evacuated after being diagnosed with acute appendicitis. This makes him the only person evacuated because of a problem that didn't have to do with injuries or illness due to conditions at camp. However, according to E! Online, Colton did not really have appendicitis, but instead had a bacterial infection in the lining of his stomach and intestines.
- Colton is the youngest contestant of One World. He was also the youngest male contestant and the youngest returnee on Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
- Colton is the first person to be evacuated for medical reasons while holding a Hidden Immunity Idol.
- According to Colton's exit interview with Reality TV Magazine, Colton had originally intended to give his Hidden Immunity Idol away to his former Manono tribemate and then Salani member Jay Byars, but was not allowed to do so as because Jay was on the Salani tribe.
- Despite his short time spent in the game, many fans have taken to message boards and social networks to show their disdain for Colton.
- Colton's fury over Bill attributed from Bill throwing Colton's Hidden Immunity Idol into the ocean. This would be a direct violation of Survivor rules, as Hidden Immunity Idols are considered to be personal items, and thus cannot be stolen. Leif told Colton about the incident, while production returned Colton's idol to him.
- In an interview on Rob Has a Podcast, Colton heavily implied that he was slated to return in Survivor: Philippines, but did not make it due to a negative audience reception during the airing of One World.
- Colton is one of twelve castaways (the others being Rob Mariano, Shii Ann Huang, Bobby Jon Drinkard, Russell Swan, Michael Skupin, Francesca Hogi, Monica Culpepper, Andrew Savage, Kelley Wentworth, Kimmi Kappenberg, and Jeff Varner) that returned for a second season despite not reaching the jury phase on their original season.
- Colton is the only player to quit at Redemption Island.
- Colton is one of four contestants to play the game twice and never be voted out. The others are Jenna Morasca, Sandra Diaz-Twine, and Michael Skupin.
- Out of these four, Colton is the only one to never reach the Final Tribal Council.
- In “Opening Pandora's Box”, a visibly irate Jeff Probst claimed that Colton "faked" his appendicitis as an excuse to leave the game just for him to quit the show. In an interview, Colton stood by his statement about his evacuation, saying he was willing to publicize his medical receipts to prove his claim.
- Colton, Francesca, Tom Westman, and Russell Swan have only been affiliated with two tribes, despite playing in two seasons.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/81120/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214730/
- ↑ http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/06/25/former-survivor-contestant-27-killed-in-railroad-accident/#.U6unXm3h6JU.facebook
- ↑ Dehnart, Andy (March 8, 2012). "CBS hides details about new Survivor rule; Bill says we shouldn't "get stressed" over Colton". Reality Blurred. http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_one_world/2012_Mar_08_rule-details-bill-colton. Retrieved March 10, 2012.
- ↑ http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_one_world/2012_Oct_08_idol-stealing}}
- ↑ Cesternino, Rob (November 3, 2012). "Colton Cumbie Breaks Down Jeff Kent's Big Decision". Rob Has a Podcast. http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-philippines-colton-cumbie-interview-merge-penner-idol/.
- ↑ http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/10/survivors-colton-cumbie-quit-the-game-to-benefit-caleb.html
|Survivor: One World Castaways|
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|