|Birth Date||November 22, 1990|
Colton Cumbie is a contestant from Survivor: One World.
Labeled as a super-villain, Cumbie was known for his infamous strategy and attempted dictatorship of the Manono tribe, a group that he originally felt isolated from. He is the first person to be evacuated from the competition while still in possession of the Hidden Immunity Idol. He was also known for his arrogance and bully-like personality.
Personal Claim to Fame: I came out as gay when I was 12 years old, sixth grade in South Alabama. My parents definitely did not run out to join Parents of Lesbian and Gay (PFLAG) and it took a long time but they came around. It was weird at school but I didn’t play the victim and run home to cry. I stood up for myself and explained that being gay wasn’t who I was but part of who I am.
Inspiration in Life: My nanny/grandmother who is technically my great-aunt but she and her husband took my mom in when she was 2 months old after her dad abandoned her. My grandmother is the most amazing person I know. She is literally my 73-year-old best friend! She has been there for me through everything, definitely the biggest impact on who I am today.
Hobbies: Socializing, watching reality TV and writing.
Pet Peeves: Ugly people who think they’re hot.
3 Words to Describe You: Adorable, entertaining and opinionated.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: As far as my personality goes I would be a mix of Queen Parvati, Corinne and JT. I embody three of their distinctive traits; heartlessness (in a loveable way), low tolerance for trash and that people hate me but still want to be my best friend.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to play the game! The strategy, the challenges, I want it all! I don’t care about the fame or whether people love or hate me. I would love nothing more than to see my verbally abusive stepdad's reaction when I win a million dollars on national TV.
Why You Think You’ll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I live my life as I if I’m playing Survivor! I have a strategy for everything. Hell, the way I got my boyfriend was a strategy.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I don’t believe, I know! There has never been anyone with the social skills and charisma I possess on this show. I’m confident, hilarious, athletic, good looking, adorable and I have good teeth with a hint of Southern charm. What more could you want?
Survivor: One WorldEdit
|“||He makes Russell look like... a freaking schoolgirl!||”|
–Jonas Otsuji (On Colton)
When Colton and the other contestants arrived, Colton was hoping to be placed on a team with females. Instead, the teams were arranged according to gender, much to his dismay and dislike. He found consolation upon learning that his all-male Manono tribe will coexist with the all-female Salani tribe. Colton wasted no time mingling with the girls more than his own tribe, even as going far as not helping in the males' camp chores. He was well-liked by the women, on Day 3, Colton received a Hidden Immunity Idol from Salani member Sabrina Thompson, because it was exclusive for Manono's disposal. Thompson told him to use the idol to eliminate threats.
By Day 4, Colton's frequent visits to Salani started to grate the women, with the women telling him to get to know his own tribemates, something he did not do as much with Salani. Using the idol as leverage, he formed an unlikely "misfit" alliance with Troyzan Robertson, Leif Manson, Jonas Otsuji and Tarzan Smith, to combat the "Muscle Alliance," consisted by Manono's strongest members.
When Manono lost their first Immunity Challenge on Day 8, Colton began his strategy. His orginal target was Bill because of Bill's loss in the challenge and obnoxious behavior. However, the misfit alliance persuaded Colton to vote out Matt who was seen as a bigger threat. At tribal council, Colton revealed that he had an immunity idol to the rest of his team. Colton's alliance was successful on taking down one of the muscles, Matt Quinlan.
Colton gained an enemy in "muscle" alliance member Bill Posley, who, despite Bill having no problems at all with Colton, Colton viewed Bill as loud and obnoxious. On Day 11, a heated confrontation escalated between the two men when Colton became increasingly frustrated with Bill, refusing to talk to him, while Bill attempted to make amends with him. Colton then conversed with allies Troyzan and Jonas about giving up immunity to the girls so that they could vote out Bill, however Tarzan and Troyzan felt that ally Leif should be the next to go, since he betrayed their trust by accidently telling Bill that Colton wanted him out last round. Unanimously, Colton got his way and the men headed to Tribal Council. Another heated debate ensued between Bill and Colton when Colton revealed to Jeff that he did not like Bill because he was obnoxious, loud, and that he needed to get a real job instead of being a struggling stand-up comedian, which quickly turned Tribal Council into a debate about backgrounds. Bill told Colton that when you are a struggling stand-up comedian, you don't make much money, you sleep on couches and go from gig to gig as well as that there is no back-up plan when you are pursuing a dream. Despite Bill's heartfelt debate, Colton ultimately got his wish as Bill was booted in an unanimous 7-1 vote.
In Thanks for the Souvenir, Colton and Alicia taunt Christina and tell her that she is going home next. Colton's dislike of Christina intensifies at the reward challenge as she does not do well during the challenge. After losing the reward of ice cream, Colton and Alicia's teasing becomes even more obnoxious. Later, Colton begins to complain about a severe headache. Tarzan diagnosis it as dehydration and tells Colton to drink water. Colton stumbles into the forest where he collapses on the ground. Christina helps him back to camp. The medical team diagnosis Colton with acute appendicitis, and recommends that he be evacuated from the game. Colton gives his team one last word of encouragement as he showed the immunity idol that Sabrina gave him to his tribemates and told them that he would be keeping it as a souvenir as he is carried away on a stretcher. Jonas called it an act of karma for Colton's harsh strategy.
|Colton's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Manono Tribe Immune|
|2||Manono Tribe Immune|
|Evacuated, Day 16|
- According to his twitter, Colton is engaged.
- In his pre-show interview, he claimed that he only invited fifteen other peers during his 10th birthday party just to play Survivor.
- Colton is the youngest person to be evacuated from the game due to medical reasons.
- He was evacuated due to being diagnosed with acute appendicitis. This makes him the only person evacuated because of a problem that didn't have to do with injuries or illness due to conditions at camp.
- According to E! Online, Colton did not really have appendicitis, but instead had a bacterial infection in the lining of his stomach and intestines.
- Colton became the first person to be evacuated for medical reasons while holding the hidden immunity idol.
- According to Colton's exit interview with Reality TV Magazine, Colton had originally intended to give his Hidden Immunity Idol away to his former Manono tribemate and then-current Salani member Jay Byars, but was not allowed to do so as the idol belonged to the Manono tribe.
- Despite his short-lived time in the competition, many fans have taken to message boards and social networks to show their disdain for Colton.
- Colton's intense fury over Bill actually stemmed when Bill threw Colton's Hidden Immunity Idol into the ocean. This is a direct violation as the Survivor Rulebook, because the idols are considered as personal items, thus cannot be stolen. Leif told Colton about the incident, while production returned Colton's idol to him.
- Colton was an alternate for Survivor: Caramoan.
- Colton was considered for Survivor: Philippines but was cut.
- ↑ Dehnart, Andy (March 8, 2012). "CBS hides details about new Survivor rule; Bill says we shouldn’t "get stressed" over Colton". Reality Blurred. http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_one_world/2012_Mar_08_rule-details-bill-colton. Retrieved March 10, 2012.
- ↑ Dehnart, Andy (October 8, 2012). "Surprising rules about Survivor immunity idols". Reality Blurred. http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_one_world/2012_Oct_08_idol-stealing. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
|Survivor: One World Contestants|
Alicia Rosa · Bill Posley · Chelsea Meissner· Christina Cha · Colton Cumbie · Jay Byars · Jonas Otsuji · Kat Edorsson · Kim Spradlin · Kourtney Moon · Leif Manson · Matt Quinlan · Michael Jefferson · Monica Culpepper · Nina Acosta · Sabrina Thompson · Tarzan Smith · Troyzan Robertson