|Birth Date||November 22, 1990|
|Hometown|| Monroeville, Alabama;|
Labeled as a super-villain, Colton was known for his infamous strategy and attempted dictatorship of the Manono tribe, a group that he originally felt isolated from. He is the first person to be "evacuated" from the competition while still in possession of the Hidden Immunity Idol. He was also known for his arrogance and bully-like personality in his first outing. However, in Blood vs. Water, he tried to re-brand himself to show the growth he went through after drawing a lot of flak after his first season, given he entered the game with his fiancé, but only to fail when he attempted to return to his old ways of chaos by trying to disturb the peace and camaraderie of his tribe. Dissatisfied by his standing in the game, he quit the game on Redemption Island, much to Jeff Probst's displeasure.
Personal Claim to Fame: I came out as gay when I was 12 years old, sixth grade in South Alabama. My parents definitely did not run out to join Parents of Lesbian and Gay (PFLAG) and it took a long time but they came around. It was weird at school but I didn’t play the victim and run home to cry. I stood up for myself and explained that being gay wasn’t who I was but part of who I am.
Inspiration in Life: My nanny/grandmother who is technically my great-aunt but she and her husband took my mom in when she was 2 months old after her dad abandoned her. My grandmother is the most amazing person I know. She is literally my 73-year-old best friend! She has been there for me through everything, definitely the biggest impact on who I am today.
Hobbies: Socializing, watching reality TV and writing.
Pet Peeves: Ugly people who think they’re hot.
3 Words to Describe You: Adorable, entertaining and opinionated.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: As far as my personality goes I would be a mix of Queen Parvati Shallow, Corinne Kaplan and J.T. Thomas I embody three of their distinctive traits; heartlessness (in a loveable way), low tolerance for trash and that people hate me but still want to be my best friend.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to play the game! The strategy, the challenges, I want it all! I don’t care about the fame or whether people love or hate me. I would love nothing more than to see my verbally abusive stepdad's reaction when I win a million dollars on national TV.
Why You Think You’ll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I live my life as I if I’m playing Survivor! I have a strategy for everything. Hell, the way I got my boyfriend was a strategy.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I don’t believe, I know! There has never been anyone with the social skills and charisma I possess on this show. I’m confident, hilarious, athletic, good looking, adorable and I have good teeth with a hint of Southern charm. What more could you want?
Blood vs. WaterEdit
Name (Age): Colton Cumbie (22)
Tribe Designation: Galang
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Caleb’s Fiancé
Previous Season: Survivor: One World – medically evacuated on day 16 due to illness – 6th out
Current Residence: Collinsville, Ala.
Occupation: Student Teacher
Why Did You Want to Return to Survivor and Play with Your Loved One? I probably wouldn't have said yes to returning if not for this specific twist. Last time I played I was extremely homesick and missed Caleb like crazy. He is my best friend and probably is the one between the two of us who should've been on Survivor in the first place. While I'm a highly emotional person, Caleb is very logical. He also keeps me calm in stressful situations. Having him with me will give me the emotional stability I need to combine with my already strong concept of strategy.
Survivor: One WorldEdit
|“||He makes Russell look like... a freaking schoolgirl!||”|
–Jonas Otsuji (on Colton)
When Colton and the other contestants arrived, Colton was hoping to be placed on a tribe with females. Instead, the teams were arranged according to gender, much to his dismay and dislike. He found consolation upon learning that his all-male Manono tribe will coexist with the all-female Salani tribe. Colton wasted no time mingling with the girls more than his own tribe, even as going far as not helping in the males' camp chores. He was well-liked by the women, on Day 3, Colton received a Hidden Immunity Idol from Salani member Sabrina Thompson, because it was exclusive for Manono's disposal. Thompson told him to use the idol to eliminate threats.
By Day 4, Colton's frequent visits to Salani started to grate the women, with the women telling him to get to know his own tribemates, something he did not do as much with Salani. Using the idol as leverage, he formed an unlikely "misfit" alliance with Troyzan Robertson, Leif Manson, Jonas Otsuji and Tarzan Smith, to combat the "Muscle Alliance," consisted by Manono's strongest members.
When Manono lost their first Immunity Challenge on Day 8, Colton began his strategy. His orginal target was Bill because of Bill's loss in the challenge and obnoxious behavior. However, the misfit alliance persuaded Colton to vote out Matt who was seen as a bigger threat. At tribal council, Colton revealed that he had an immunity idol to the rest of his team. Colton's alliance was successful on taking down one of the muscles, Matt Quinlan.
Colton gained an enemy in "muscle" alliance member Bill Posley, who, despite Bill having no problems at all with Colton, Colton viewed Bill as loud and obnoxious. On Day 11, a heated confrontation escalated between the two men when Colton became increasingly frustrated with Bill, refusing to talk to him, while Bill attempted to make amends with him. Colton then conversed with allies Troyzan and Jonas about giving up immunity to the women so that they could vote out Bill, however Tarzan and Troyzan felt that ally Leif should be the next to go, since he betrayed their trust by accidently telling Bill that Colton wanted him out last round. Unanimously, Colton got his way and the men headed to Tribal Council. Another heated debate ensued between Bill and Colton when Colton revealed to Jeff that he did not like Bill because he was obnoxious, loud, and that he needed to "get a real job" instead of being a struggling stand-up comedian, which Bill did not accept lightly, saying it was his dream to be a comedian. Colton was then asked by Jeff if there are any black people in his personal life, and Colton responded that his house helper is black. In the end, Colton ultimately got his wish, and Bill was unanimously voted out.
The next day, a Tribe Switch occurred, and Colton remained at Manono, and in an unfortunate turn of events, the new Manono tribe, was almost entirely comprised of physically weaker competitors, save for Monica Culpepper. Colton likened their situation as "peasants" being pitted against "Greek Gods," referring to the much physically stronger new Salani tribe. Lucky for Colton, the majority of the Misfit alliance, Jonas, Tarzan and Leif, remained on his tribe as well. Colton approached their new members, Monica, Alicia Rosa and Christina Cha, that he is still on board with the women, but in truth, he was making a play to blindside them. Colton conspired with Alicia, the only member of the Salani Alliance to be in the new Manono to eliminate the other two women, with Culpepper going first, as she is a physical threat. In a rather lopsided physical Immunity Challenge, Monica tried to solely carry the challenge for the tribe, but Manono's disadvantage sent them to Tribal Council. At Tribal Council, while Christina and Monica believed Colton (and Alicia) were on their side, Colton pulled a double-cross, blindsiding Monica in a 5-2 vote.
Returning from Tribal Council, Colton and Alicia taunt Christina and tell her that she was going home next. Colton's dislike of Christina intensified at the next Reward Challenge, where Colton harped on Christina's poor performance. On Day 16, Colton began to complain about suffering a headache. Tarzan diagnosed it as dehydration and told Colton to drink more water. Colton stumbled into the forest where he collapsed on the ground. The medical team diagnosed Colton with acute appendicitis, and recommended him to be evacuated from the game. Before leaving, Jeff asked Colton on what to do with his Hidden Immunity Idol, and while Alicia assumed he will give it to her, Colton decided to keep the idol with him as a souvenir, after which he was carried away by a stretcher. Because of Colton's evacuation, there was no Immunity Challenge, and the tribes were convened at Tribal Council the next day, where they were informed about Colton's condition and removal from the game, and the announcement of the merge.
|Colton's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Manono Tribe Immune|
|2||Manono Tribe Immune|
|Evacuated, Day 16|
Survivor: Blood vs. WaterEdit
|Statistics of Colton Cumbie|
|Total number of days||23|
|Total votes received||1|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||0|
Colton entered the game on the Galang tribe, who generally dominated in challenges. When Jeff anouncedd that the returnees would be playing against their loved ones, Colton was visibly upset. For the first day, Colton tried to sell his new "change of personality" from his previous season. However, Colton became frustrated with the tribe's peacefulness, stating that "they should be playing Survivor!". Colton tried to create chaos in the tribe, by backstabbing everyone and creating fake alliances. Colton was caught in his actions, and this formed the 5-person alliance of Tyson Apostol, Aras Baskauskas, Gervase Peterson, Tina Wesson and Monica Culpepper. Over the course of the next few days, the game started drifting from Colton's grasp, and he felt like an outcast. On Day 7, when Galang headed to Redemption Island to witness the duel between Candice Cody, Marissa Peterson, and Rachel Foulger, Colton decided to quit the game because he was depressed he wasn't with his partner, Caleb Bankston, and he just felt that he had no shot at winning due to being on the outs of his tribe and nobody wanting to talk strategy with him. With that, Colton left the game for good.
|Colton's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|Galang Tribe Immune|
|2||Galang Tribe Immune|
|3||No Tribal Council|
|Quit, Day 7|
- Colton and his partner, Caleb Bankston, were engaged. Caleb would later appear with Colton on Survivor: Blood vs. Water. Tragically, Caleb was killed in a railroad accident on June 24, 2014. They were planning to get married on October 2014.
- In his pre-show interview for One World, he claimed that he invited fifteen other peers during his 10th birthday party just to play Survivor.
- Colton is the youngest person to be evacuated from the game due to medical reasons.
- He was evacuated after being diagnosed with acute appendicitis. This makes him the only person evacuated because of a problem that didn't have to do with injuries or illness due to conditions at camp.
- According to E! Online, Colton did not really have appendicitis, but instead had a bacterial infection in the lining of his stomach and intestines.
- Colton was the youngest contestant of One World.
- He was also the youngest male contestant and the youngest returnee on Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
- Colton became the first person to be evacuated for medical reasons while holding a Hidden Immunity Idol.
- According to Colton's exit interview with Reality TV Magazine, Colton had originally intended to give his Hidden Immunity Idol away to his former Manono tribemate and then Salani member Jay Byars, but was not allowed to do so as the idol belonged to the Manono tribe.
- Despite his short time spent in the game, many fans have taken to message boards and social networks to show their disdain for Colton.
- Colton's intense fury over Bill actually stemmed from Bill throwing Colton's Hidden Immunity Idol into the ocean. This is a direct violation of the Survivor rules, because the idols are considered to be personal items, and thus cannot be stolen. Leif told Colton about the incident, while production returned Colton's idol to him.
- In an interview on Rob Has a Podcast, Colton heavily implied that he was slated to return in Survivor: Philippines, but was cut at the last minute due to a negative audience reception during the airing of One World.
- Colton is one of eight castaways (the others being Rob Mariano, Shii Ann Huang, Bobby Jon Drinkard, Russell Swan, Michael Skupin, Francesca Hogi, and Monica Culpepper) that returned for a second season despite not making the merge/Jury on their original season.
- Colton is the fifth castaway to return for another season after being medically evacuated on his previous season, following James Clement, Michael Skupin, Jonathan Penner, and Russell Swan.
- Colton was compared more than once to Russell Hantz. In Total Dysfunction, Jonas Otsuji said, "He makes Russell look like... a freaking schoolgirl!" In Survivor: Blood vs. Water, he was called "The gay Russell Hantz" by Aras Baskauskas.
- He is the only player to quit at Redemption Island.
- Colton is one of four contestants to play the game twice and never be voted out. The others are Jenna Morasca, Sandra Diaz-Twine, and Michael Skupin.
- Colton is the only one not to make the merge/Jury phase or the Final Tribal Council in either season.
- In “Opening Pandora's Box”, an irate Jeff Probst claimed that Colton "faked" his appendicitis as an excuse to leave the game just for him to quit the show. In an interview, Colton stood by his statement about his evacuation, saying he was willing to publicize his medical receipts to prove his claim.
- Colton, Francesca, Tom Westman and Russell Swan have only been affiliated with two tribes, despite playing in two seasons.
- ↑ Dehnart, Andy (March 8, 2012). "CBS hides details about new Survivor rule; Bill says we shouldn’t "get stressed" over Colton". Reality Blurred. http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_one_world/2012_Mar_08_rule-details-bill-colton. Retrieved March 10, 2012.
- ↑ Dehnart, Andy (October 8, 2012). "Surprising rules about Survivor immunity idols". Reality Blurred. http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_one_world/2012_Oct_08_idol-stealing. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- ↑ Cesternino, Rob (November 3, 2012). "Colton Cumbie Breaks Down Jeff Kent's Big Decision". Rob Has a Podcast. http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-philippines-colton-cumbie-interview-merge-penner-idol/.
- ↑ http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/10/survivors-colton-cumbie-quit-the-game-to-benefit-caleb.html
|Survivor: One World Castaways|
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|