|Born:||December 21, 1976|
Clarence Jamil Black is a contestant from Survivor: Africa.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Born and raised in Detroit, Michigan by his mother Mae, Clarence Black is currently a high school basketball coach. He attended Bridgton Academy in North Bridgton, Maine. Black earned a college basketball scholarship and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Classical Studies at Hillsdale College in Michigan.
While at Hillsdale, Black played basketball and founded the Tod Phister Memorial Basketball Tournament, which raises money to support cancer research in honor of a fellow teammate who passed away. After graduating, he worked as a stockbroker and financial planner, but decided the profession wasn't for him.
Clarence Black is a member of the Detroit County Alumni Council and a member of the Board of Directors for Wise Steward Ministries Youth Education Program. He describes himself as competitive, loyal and silly. His birth date is December 21.
Clarence Black was a contestant on Survivor: Africa, where he was best known for stealing a can of beans. He was also accused off-camera of taking cherries when everyone else only had one, by Ethan Zohn.
Black did stay around long enough to make the merge. The beans scandal separated him from his original tribemates and left him out of the alliance with the eventual final four of Kim J., Lex, Ethan, and Tom.
Because he was alienated from the alliance, Black had to focus on the individual challenges in order to stay in the game. In the first Immunity Challenge after the merge, Teresa promised Black that she would not vote for him if he let her win immunity. An exhausted Clarence proposed to Teresa Cooper that they would play a rock-paper-scissors game to determine the winner of the challenge. Clarence lost, and removed himself from the challenge (allowing Teresa to win immunity) after six hours. Black was eliminated from the competition the next day by a vote of 8-2.
|Clarence's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Boran Tribe Immune|
|4||Boran Tribe Immune|
|6||Boran Tribe Immune|
|7||Lex|| Brandon, Frank, Ethan, Kelly,|
Kim J., Kim P., Lex, Tom
|Voted Off, Day 21|
- In early 2002, Clarence, along with all of his Africa castmates appeared on Late Night with David Letterman were they would present the top 10.
- In a Survivor Oz interview, Clarence has since married and had two children.
- Clarence had a minor role in the 2016 movie Batman vs Superman.
- Clarence's luxury item was camouflage paint.
- Clarence was the youngest male on the Boran tribe.
- Clarence was the only contestant who stayed on Boran after the tribe switch who didn't make to the Final Tribal Council.
- With 12 votes each, Clarence tied with Lindsey Richter for most votes against someone in Survivor: Africa.
|Survivor: Africa Castaways|