|Born:||July 18, 1970|
|Hometown:||Walterboro, South Carolina|
|Alliance(s):|| Favorites Couples Alliance|
Black Widow Brigade
|Heroes vs. Villains|
Regarded as one of the smartest castaways to compete on Survivor, self-proclaimed "couch potato" Cirie started off seemingly on the losing end, having no camping experience prior to the game. However, her sociable nature, resilience and observational skills kept her by, effectively neutralizing several threats by making lasting relationships and alliances.
Retrieved from CBS.com
|“||For the people that are like me, on the couch, stay on the couch!||”|
Being one of the four eldest female contestants, Cirie was placed at the purple Casaya tribe. Coming into the game, Fields had little outdoor experience and even claimed to have a certain "fear of leaves." However, her social skills and strategic game play would take her far.
After losing the first Immunity Challenge, Cirie's lack of athleticism out her in line for elimination. She quickly formed an alliance with Melinda Hyder and Ruth Marie Milliman to vote out Tina Scheer, the most productive member of the Casaya tribe yet a social recluse. At Tribal Council, Tina accused her tribemates for underworking, prompting Melinda and Ruth-Marie to question her. Cirie's efforts paid off and she succeeded in eliminating Tina from the game in a 3-1 vote.
On Day 4, the four tribes merged into two, Cirie again found herself on the outside, this time, of a four-person alliance of Aras Baskauskas, Danielle DiLorenzo, Courtney Marit, and Shane Powers. After losing the next Immunity Challenge, Shane told Cirie and Melinda outright that who does not go home at the next vote will go next. Despite both's vulnerability, Cirie and Melinda honored their bond with each other and did not campaign against one another. When Cirie noticed Shane's rampant mood swings as cancer to the tribe, she used this as an opening to break their alliance. At Tribal Council, though Cirie and Melinda both voted against Shane, Melinda was ultimately ousted, leaving Cirie as the only older woman in her tribe.
Over the next few days, the already-dysfunctional Casaya tribe began to self-destruct, and Cirie sat back and watched the drama unfold between the majority alliance, with Shane's volatile personality continue to grate on his alliance partners. The dysfunction however, was put aside when needed to, as Casaya managed to win the next two Immunity Challenges, giving Cirie time to fully develop her social game and attempt to work her way into the graces of the ruling alliance. When Casaya finally lost an Immunity Challenge on Day 15, the decision of who to boot came down to Bobby Mason and Bruce Kanegai, two other outsiders. Bruce was the original target, but the Casaya women, led by Danielle, decided to vote out Bobby. At Tribal Council, Bobby was voted out in a scattered 3-2-1-1 vote which accurately described the tribe's lack of unity. Cirie was one of only three people on her tribe to not receive a vote at that Tribal Council, proving Shane's words on Day 6 wrong that Cirie would be next to go.
The next day, Shane wanted to leave the alliance of four. He asked if he could take his son's name back because that he had sworn allegiance to the group by. Courtney Marit and Danielle DiLorenzo gladly released him from his promise, and decided to vote him out at the next Tribal Council. However, after winning the next combined Reward/Immunity Challenge, the alliance began to get along again, to Cirie's disappointment. However, Cirie was adopted by the majority alliance prior to the arrival of the rival La Mina tribe for the merger.
When the tribes merged on Day 16, the Casaya tribe had a 6-4 voting advantage over La Mina and planned to eliminate them to their last member. When Terry Deitz tried to offer Cirie a deal, but rejected it, stating he "was not in the position to offer anything." As Terry kept winning Immunity Challenges, Cirie and the rest of Casaya tribe voted off his La Mina allies Nick Stanbury, Austin Carty, and Sally Schumann, one by one.
On Day 28, Bruce Kanegai had to be evacuated due to medical reasons, leaving only six survivors in the game. When Terry once again won Immunity, the Casayas had to vote out one of their own. Cirie felt worried that Shane and Terry wanted to take Courtney to the Final Tribal Council because of her unpopularity, as revealed in a rather prickly Reward Challenge which revealed everyone's perception of each other, for an easy win. Cirie's ability to read her tribemates minds won her the challenge, a spa experience, which she shared with Aras and Danielle. However, the Casayan's plan to oust Terry was put on hold, when Bruce left the game due severe blockage in his digestive system.
Courtney, Terry, and Danielle schemed to vote out Aras, but Cirie managed to flip Danielle to her side. Shane thought the plan was to vote out Danielle, and Cirie left him out of the loop. Courtney Marit was voted out in a 3-2-1 vote, all due to Cirie's planning. From this point forward, while her strategy continued to pay off, her survival skills also improved, as she caught a large fish all by herself, in which Terry claimed as the biggest fish ever caught by the tribe, much to her delight.
When Terry won the next Reward Challenge, which had a family visit up for grabs, he chose Cirie to get a visit from her husband H.B. He was able to spend a day on the island with the castaways. H.B. was amazed of how his wife was doing at camp, for he stated that he was seeing a different side of Cirie that he never saw before. At the next Tribal Council, Cirie, Aras, and Danielle voted out Shane Powers, once again blindsiding both Shane and Terry, who had planned on making the Final Three together. When returning from camp later that night, Cirie left her torch on the ground causing Terry to trip over it causing an argument between the two, but Aras defended Cirie telling Terry it was simply an accident. Cirie and Aras now planned to take each other to the Final Two. While Aras took Cirie on a trip down the Panama Canal after winning the Reward Challenge, Danielle and Terry were stuck to endure Exile Island together. The two made a pact to the Final Two. After Aras won the next Immunity Challenge, Danielle and Cirie were targeted by both duos, and decided to settle the score with a tiebreaker challenge. Meanwhile, trying her best to forgo the deal, Danielle begged Terry to give her his still-unused Hidden Immunity Idol. But when Terry refused to, the vote was deadlocked between Danielle and Cirie. The two faced off in a fire-building tiebreaker. After a lively competition, Danielle won, eliminating Cirie out of the game and making her the sixth member of the jury.
|Cirie's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Casaya Tribe Immune|
|4||Casaya Tribe Immune|
|6||Casaya Tribe Immune|
|11||No Tribal Council|
|Voted Off, Day 361|
| Voted for|
^1 In Call the Whambulence!, the vote ended with a 2-2 tie between Cirie and Danielle, forcing a fire-making tiebreaker. Cirie was eliminated at the tiebreaker, as shown in the next episode.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Cirie's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Malakal Tribe Immune|
|4||Malakal Tribe Immune|
|Voted Off, Day 38|
| Voted for|
^1 In I'm Gonna Fix Her!, Amanda used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Cirie's vote against her.
Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains
|“||I'm a gangster in an Oprah suit but I'm not like a mean gangster, I'm a nice gangster with a smile!||”|
|Statistics of Cirie Fields|
|Total votes received:||9|
|Days spent on Redemption Island:||N/A|
Due to her heroic game-play in her first two seasons and general likability, Cirie was placed on the Heroes tribe. In the first challenge, despite Cirie fighting hard, she was unable to score a point for her tribe. Cirie seemed on good terms with most of the Heroes on the tribe right off the bat, with the only exceptions likely being Stephenie and Tom. After the Heroes lost the first Immunity Challenge, despite several people bringing up voting Sugar off, Cirie felt that Tom and Stephenie were threats. But eventually, Cirie sided with the rest of the tribe and voted off Sugar. Cirie would later form strong bonds with her former Micronesia cast mates Amanda and James, as well as Rupert, JT, and to a lesser extent Candice, and that would be proven as they all voted off Stephenie on Day 6. Cirie, like all the Heroes, contributed to the Heroes's first Immunity Challenge win on Day 8. On Day 11, Cirie was targeted by Tom for seeming to orchestrate her alliance and being able to make the vote go her way. Tom and Colby made a plan that involved Tom using his idol and JT switching his vote from Colby to Cirie. JT contemplated the decision carefully, and in the end JT felt that it was the best choice and the plan worked, which caused Cirie to be voted off 3-2-0, finishing in 17th place.
|Cirie's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Heroes Tribe Immune|
|4|| || Colby,|
|Voted Off, Day 11|
^1 In Tonight, We Make Our Move, Tom used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Cirie's vote against him.
- On June 22, 2006, Cirie, along with tribemate Melinda Hyder, appeared on the daytime soap Guiding Light. Cirie played an internal affairs officer.
- On January 9, 2010, Cirie attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party along with all of her Heroes vs. Villains cast mates.
- In February 2010, Cirie appeared on Late Show with David Letterman as Top Ten List Presenter #4 along with nine of her Heroes vs. Villains cast mates.
- On December 19, 2010, Cirie was seen in the audience attending the Survivor: Nicaragua reunion. Though Jeff didn't speak with her, Jeff mentioned her along with Rupert Boneham, also at the reunion, as examples explaining how Redemption Island for the upcoming season would work.
- In 2011, Cirie was inducted into the Survivor Hall of Fame.
- Cirie, along with Tina Wesson, Rob Mariano, Rupert Boneham, Woo Hwang, Natalie Anderson, Jeremy Collins, Kelley Wentworth, and Joe Anglim, competed on a Survivor edition of The Price Is Right primetime special that aired on May 23, 2016. Cirie helped her partner, Thomas, win the top prize of $25,000 in their pricing game and they also made it to the Showcase Showdown, but lost to Joe and his partner due to overbidding on his Showcase.
- Cirie is the only member of the original Casaya tribe to reach the merge. Every other original tribe in Survivor: Panama had three members going to the merge.
- Cirie was the only remaining member of her original tribe for the longest time in Survivor history, for 25 days between Ruth-Marie Milliman's elimination on Day 11 and her own elimination on Day 36.
- Cirie is the first and only person to make it to the final four twice and not reach the Final Tribal Council either time.
- According to her profile for Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, Parvati Shallow stated that Cirie and Shane Powers were the previous Survivor castaways that she respected the most.
- Cirie is the first castaway to have their torch snuffed three times.
- Each time she played, Cirie received three votes against her.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20409/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/119/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/39396/
- ↑ http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2006/06/19/survivors-melinda-hyder-cirie-fields-to-appear-on-guiding-light/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ5_o4vGO6g
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1599664/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
- ↑ http://parade.com/472671/joshwigler/survivor-big-brother-amazing-race-the-price-is-right-photos/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPWCzqTRmfY
|Survivor: Panama Castaways|
|Survivor: Micronesia Castaways|
|Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains Castaways|