|Birth Date||March 5, 1989|
|Tribe(s)|| Tadhana |
Ciera Morett-Eastin is a contestant from Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
She also became notable for being the only contestant to vote out his or her own Loved One and flipping from the majority alliance, which caused the second Rock Drawing Tiebreaker in Survivor history.
Name (Age): Ciera Eastin (24)
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Laura’s Daughter
Tribe Designation: Tadhana
Current Residence: Salem, Oregon
Occupation: Cosmetology Student
Personal Claim to Fame: Despite the fact that I got pregnant at 17, I am most proud of the fact that I finished high school, worked three jobs to support my daughter, and now I am happily married with two beautiful children.
Inspiration in Life: Easy…my dad. He is the best human I’ve ever met! Everyone he meets loves him; he is kind, caring, wise and has been my biggest fan and encourager, even when my mom is mad at me!
Hobbies: Singing/karaoke, ATV riding in the dunes and camping.
Pet Peeves: Incompetent people, slow moving people, and negative people who bring the mojo down.
Three Words to Describe You: Competitive, social/personable, and sarcastic.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) Picture of my family - to remind me and brag to people 2) Bible – to encourage me and keep me strong 3) Journal or camera – to record my amazing adventure
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Laura Morett because she taught me everything I know and also we have the same competitive nature.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR:I want to beat my mom. I love her but you have to have tough skin in my family and my mom needs to be shown the real Survivor in our family.
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I am a little cute girl who gets along with everyone and lifts people’s moods on the surface, but in my mind, I am 10 steps ahead of you calculating your death in this game. I’ll tell you whatever it is you want to hear and lie to your face and you wouldn’t even see me coming because I’m so sweet and adorable.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I bring a “get er’ done” attitude. I don’t sulk or whine and I’m an intense fighter and competitor. I’ll be great to have around camp because I’m resourceful and creative. I’m hard working, I’m goofy and fun which can be uplifting and encouraging. I’m all around great for this game.
What Does It Mean to You to Play Survivor with Your Loved One? It means the world for me to be able to play this game with my mom and really understand what my mom had to go through first hand. Also, I really would like to show my mom that I can survive and I can do things on my own, and not only can I do them, but I might just even do them better than her!
Survivor: Blood vs. WaterEdit
Ciera entered the game with her mother, Laura Morett. She was placed on the Tadhana tribe with the other loved ones of the returning players. Ciera formed a friendship with Katie Collins, and the two always seemed to be in danger of elimination on pre-swap Tadhana. However, they survived and made it to the merge unscathed.
After Ciera's mom, Laura, returned from Redemption Island and rejoined her at the merge, Ciera and Laura allied with Tyson Apostol, Gervase Peterson, Monica Culpepper, Hayden Moss, and Caleb Bankston to counter the strong couples alliance made of Aras Baskauskas, Vytas Baskauskas, Tina Wesson, and her former ally Katie. The alliance of seven successfully voted out Aras, Vytas, and Tina. Then, Ciera made the tough decision to vote out her own mother in order to prevent the two of them being seen as threats and eliminated one after the other. She then allied with Tyson, Gervase, and Monica to vote off Caleb, rather than side with the former Tadhana tribe.
At the final six tribal council, Hayden made it clear to Ciera that she was number four in the alliance she was in, and that she should take a risk and draw rocks. She decided to risk her game, and drew rocks with Katie and Tyson. Unfortunately for her, her ally Katie chose the wrong rock and was promptly eliminated. Ciera won the next immunity challenge, saving herself temporarily. Hayden was sent to Redemption Island instead of her, and Tina returned and became her closest ally. The two tried to convince Monica to flip on her alliance and go the final three, but to no avail. Ciera was voted out over Tina for being a bigger threat, placing 5th overall.
At the final tribal council, Ciera voted for Tyson to win the game.
|Ciera's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
| Brad, Hayden, Vytas;|
|5||Tadhana Tribe Immune|
|6||Tadhana Tribe Immune|
|7||Tadhana Tribe Immune|
|11||Caleb||Caleb, Hayden, Katie|
|14|| || Gervase,|
|Voted Off, Day 37|
| Voted for|
^1 In One Armed Dude and Three Moms, the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Ciera and Brad, forcing a revote. At the revote, Ciera did not receive enough votes to send her to Redemption Island.
^2 In Rustle Feathers, the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Hayden and Monica, forcing a revote. Ciera did not change her vote at the revote.
^3 In It's My Night, Tyson used a Hidden Immunity Idol on Gervase, negating Ciera's vote against him.
- She was a finalist in RHAP's Miss Survivor 2014, finishing in third behind Candice Cody and winner Andrea Boehlke.
- Ciera, along with fellow Survivor: Blood vs. Water contestants Marissa Peterson, Vytas Baskauskas, and Katie Collins are the second through fifth people to be a blood relative of a past contestant. The first was Brandon Hantz, being the nephew of Russell Hantz.
- She is also the highest ranking one, placing 5th and lasting 37 days.
- Ciera is the fifth person to represent the only gender on a tribe after a Tribe Switch.
- Ciera is the highest placing member of Tadhana and the only one not sent to Redemption Island.
- She is the only person voted out in Blood vs. Water to never be sent to Redemption Island.
- Ciera is the youngest woman on the Kasama tribe.
- Ciera and her mother Laura Morett were the last pair of Loved ones to be remaining in the game.
- Ciera is the first castaway to vote against, and consequentially vote out, his or her own loved one.
- Ciera is the only original Tadhana member to cast a vote against Caleb Bankston.
- She shares a birthday with Jonathan Penner and Paschal English.
- Ciera is the third castaway to be the last member of a tribe of new players in a Returnees vs. Newbies format, following Natalie Bolton and Sherri Biethman, respectively.
- She is the only one of the three to not be designated as a Fan.
- Ciera lost 1.2 lbs (0.540 kg) during her time in Blood vs. Water.
- Ciera received votes an every pre-merge Tribal Council she attended except the Tribal Councils in Blood is Thicker Than Anything.
- Out of all the parent-child pairs in a Blood vs. Water season, Ciera is the only child to outlast the parent.
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|