|Christine Shields Markoski|
|Birth Date||June 17, 1971|
|Hometown||Merrick, New York|
Christine Shields Markoski is a contestant from Survivor: South Pacific.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Christine Shields Markoski (39)
Tribe designation: Upolu
Current residence: Merrick, N.Y.
Personal claim to fame: All the goals I have set for myself, I’ve accomplished.
Inspiration in life: Emilio Zapata , a Mexican revolutionary who fought for what was right and fair for the people of his country. Also, my father, Vincent Shields. He is another benevolent leader, who always treats people fairly, never judges others and is a great teacher of everything logical. And of course, my mother. She taught me how to be soft, colorful and strong.
Hobbies: Traveling, reading and exercising.
Pet peeves: When people don’t wait their turn, when people don’t peel the price sticker off the bottom of their shoes and drivers who are stupid and inconsiderate.
3 words to describe you: Helpful, stubborn and self-motivating.
SURVIVOR contestant you are most like: Stephenie, because she’s strong and outspoken.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: This is another goal for me to meet and prove to myself that I can do it. Also, my brother-in-law would love to say that his sister-in-law is on “Survivor.”
Why you think you’ll “survive” SURVIVOR: I’m good with directions, instructions and putting things together, with only using materials at hand. I’m an expert at building fires and a born leader.
Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: First and foremost, I won’t quit. As with anything I do, I’ll give it my all and I really need the money.
Survivor: South PacificEdit
Among the sixteen new contestants, Christine appeared to be the least happy about Ozzy Lusth and Coach Wade joining the game, bluntly stating that the two veteran survivors were only "temporary players." This, along with her feverish efforts to locate Upolu's Hidden Immunity Idol instead of helping out in camp chores left her tribe mates suspicious; though any plan of eliminating Christine would be put on hold, as Upolu won the Day 3 Immunity Challenge. However, upon learning that the clue was hidden at camp, Christine appeared to be more driven to find the idol.
On Day 4, Christine successfully found the clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol. After Upolu lost their first Immunity Challenge on Day 5, Coach targeted Christine in retaliation for branding him as "temporary." With this, Coach devised a plan by splitting the majority alliance's six votes between her and her only ally, Stacey Powell to flush out the idol, should Christine indeed have it in her possession. However, Brandon Hantz tried to convince Christine and Stacey to vote out Mikayla Wingle, but both thought that Edna Ma was more of a physical liability. Not getting what he wanted, Brandon would then tell Coach that Stacey and Christine wanted Mikayla out, which stirred controversy at Tribal Council. Despite the Brandon's confession of brewing tension, the vote still went as planned, and with Mikayla's vote, Christine was sent to Redemption Island in a 4-3-1-1 decision.
Upon reaching Redemption Island, Christine quickly made friends with the island's incumbent inhabitant, Savaii's Semhar Tadesse, where Christine then stated her reservations toward Coach. The next day, the two previously eliminated contestants were subjected to their first duel, where Christine defeated Semhar, sending the latter home. Before departing, Semhar gave her sweater to Christine as a gift.
As duels came by, Christine had become a legitimate force (as Jeff Probst put it), winning every subsequent duel, making her dangerously close to making it back to the game. Unfortunately for Christine, her winning streak reached its end when Ozzy Lusth strategically asked his tribe to purposefully vote him out to defeat the reigning inhabitant of Redemption Island. She finally left the game on Day 19, which she remarked was a "great 40th birthday present."
|Christine's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Upolu Tribe Immune|
|2||Edna|| Albert, Brandon,|
|Voted Off, Day 5|
|3||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 19|
- Christine is good friends with fellow tribe mate Stacey Powell
- Christine is the second female player to win a Redemption Island Duel (the first being Andrea Boehlke)
- Christine is the first woman to win a 1 v 1 Redemption Island Duel.
- Christine had won the most challenge wins Pre-merge with six.
- Christine dressed as John Cochran for Halloween.
- Christine was the first person to lose a pre-Merge duel after winning previous duels (on Survivor: Redemption Island, Matthew Elrod won all of the pre-Merge duels).
- Christine was permanently eliminated on her 40th birthday when she lost the duel to Ozzy Lusth.
- Christine is one of 9 contestants to be voted out by a plurality (i.e. less than half of the total counted votes). The others are: Gretchen Cordy, Bobby Mason, Brendan Synnott, Jill Behm, Francesca Hogi, Elyse Umemoto, Leif Manson and Andrea Boehlke.
- Christine won the most duels pre merge
- Christine was the only female to win a duel the whole season
- Christine Shares her birthday with Tyson Apostol.
- Christine called Coach and Ozzy "temporary players" on Day 1. This turned out to be false because Ozzy was eliminated on day 38 and Coach was he 2nd Runner up for the $1 Million.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Survivor: South Pacific Castaways|