|Birth Date||August 29, 1970|
|Hometown||South Vienna, Ohio|
|Occupation||Highway Construction Worker|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Lopevi|
|Alliance(s)|| Final Four Alliance |
Fat Five Alliance
Christopher "Chris" Daugherty is the winner of Survivor: Vanuatu.
Chris is cited by Jeff Probst to be the series's unlikeliest winner.
Originally from West Jefferson, Ohio, Chris Daugherty attended Madison Plains High School, followed by two years of college at Kentucky Christian College. Daughtery aspires to be a teacher and is most proud to have been able to entertain a class of 4th graders on Career Day.
Daugherty currently works for the Ohio Department of Transportation building roads. He previously worked for his father's drainage company as a heavy equipment operator and has also worked in a sporting goods store. His hobbies include going to NASCAR races, four-wheeling in his jeep and playing basketball. He describes himself as spontaneous, funny and creative. He loves children and tends to gravitate toward the underdog. He believes his ability to think quickly on his feet, willingness to help others and strong physical and mental condition will help him become the Sole Survivor.
Daugherty currently resides in South Vienna, Ohio, with his fiancée, Lorie, and his pet lizard. His birth date is August 29, 1970.
Chris is to quote Jeff Probst, "One of the Most Unlikely Survivor Winners Ever". Since the beginning of the game Chris has been struggling to survive. In the first Immunity Challenge, balance was required to get all the tribe members across and light a fire. Chris never made it across the beam. Early on the athletic men of the Lopevi tribe figured the rest of the tribe, would agree Chris would be the weakest link and the first boot. However the four athletic men were in for a shock when Chris, Rory Freeman , Lea "Sarge" Masters , Chad Crittenden , and Travis "Bubba" Sampson created an alliance and took out Brook.
The athletic men were picked off and the game became divided by gender in terms of alliances, rather than age. Only Rory, Sarge, Chris, and Chad made the merge from the original Lopevi tribe and were outnumbered by the original Yasur tribe made up of: Scout Cloud Lee , Twila Tanner, Julie Berry , Ami Cusack , Leann Slaby , and Eliza Orlins . Rory, Sarge, and Chad were all voted off within nine days, leaving Chris the last man standing.
On Day 28 a loved ones challenge was held, and the loved ones also got to compete in a special Immunity Challenge the following day. During the Immunity Challenge the women took note of how much heart Chris and his fiance Laurie. This caused Ami and her alliance to keep Chris around one more week and vote out tribal annoyance Eliza. But Twila and Scout, not happy with their positions in the game, hatched a new plan that could drastically change the outcome of the game. Together they approached Chris about a new alliance. Chris, Twila and Scout managed to lure in Eliza, the next target, and this new alliance successfully eliminated Ami's closest ally Leann. The alliance targeted Leann because Ami already had immunity. From there the new alliance made up of Twila, Scout, Chris, and Eliza picked off Ami, the biggest threat, followed by Julie, who Chris considered his little sister.
When it came down to the final four, Chris looked over his odds and decided to vote with Twila and Scout to get rid of his biggest competition, but closest friend, Eliza. Eliza earned the sixth spot on the jury. From there Chris won his Third Individual Immunity Challenge and voted out Scout Cloud Lee facing off against Twila Tanner in the Final Two. Chris was called out about his lying and abusing close relationships in order to progress. It seemed like the odds were against Chris with five women and only two men on the jury. But the final votes came in and in a 5-2 vote, Chris Daugherty beat out Twila Tanner for the million dollar prize.
|Chris's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Brook||Brook, John K.,|
|2||Lopevi Tribe Immune|
|5||Lopevi Tribe Immune|
|6||Lopevi Tribe Immune|
| Jury Votes|
| Chad, Eliza, Julie,|
|Sole Survivor, Day 39|
- After his appearance on Survivor, Chris Daugherty returned to his home in South Vienna, Ohio, and his job at the Ohio Department of Transportation. In 2005, he asked for vacation time to participate in a European promotional tour for Survivor. Since Daugherty had no additional vacation time, he submitted a doctor's note that claimed Daugherty needed one month off from work due to anxiety and depression. He was suspended from work for twenty days without pay after investigators discovered it was an excuse to appear on Survivor related activities although after disputing the suspension, State of Ohio arbitrator declared Chris followed the Union contract and was reimbursed his pay for the twenty day suspension.
- According to the CBS Polls, Chris is the most popular contestant from the Vanuatu season of Survivor. Early on, however, Ami Cusack was the fan favorite up until the men of the Lopevi tribe were beginning to be systematically eliminated.
- Chris broke the streak of three consecutive seasons being won by women.
- Ironically, in the Final 7, he was the only man left.
- Chris shares the same name almost with singer Chris Daughtry.
|Sole Survivor Titleholder|
| Succeeded by|
|Survivor: Vanuatu Contestants|
Ami Cusack · Brady Finta · Brook Geraghty · Chad Crittenden · Chris Daugherty · Dolly Neely · Eliza Orlins · John Kenney · John Palyok · Julie Berry · Lea Masters · Leann Slaby · Lisa Keiffer · Mia Galeotalanza · Rory Freeman · Scout Cloud Lee · Travis Sampson · Twila Tanner