Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Namesake:||Isla Chapera, Pearl Islands|
|Tribe Type:||Starting Tribe|
|Day Formed:||Day 1|
|Rival Tribe(s):|| Mogo Mogo|
|Tribe Status:||Merged with Mogo Mogo on Day 25|
|Lowest Placing Member:||Rob Cesternino (15/18)|
|Highest Placing Member:||Amber Brkich (Winner)|
This tribe is best remembered for dominating the game in challenges and in strategy. Their tribe color is red.
- » Alicia Calaway, from The Australian Outback, infamous for her "finger-wagging" incident with Kucha tribemate Kimmi Kappenberg, in one of the show's most iconic rivalries.
- » Amber Brkich, from The Australian Outback, most notable for playing under-the-radar.
- » Rob Cesternino, from The Amazon, he was noted by Jeff Probst as the "The smartest player to have never won Survivor."
- » Rob Mariano, from Marquesas, known for his aggressive gameplay which got him sent home immediately after the merge.
- » Susan Hawk, from Borneo, remembered for her infamous "Snakes and Rats" Jury speech.
- » Tom Buchanan, from Africa, notable for his unintelligible Southern accent and cheerful disposition.
- ► Alicia Calaway
- ► Amber Brkich
- ►» Jenna Lewis, from Borneo, popular for not receiving her loved ones tape on the Loved Ones Challenge.
- ► Rob Mariano
- ►» Rupert Boneham, from Pearl Islands, known for stealing shoes and his attachment to his tribe's fishing spear.
- ► Susan Hawk
- ► Tom Buchanan
- ►► Amber Brkich
- ►►» Jerri Manthey, from The Australian Outback, famous for being the first villainess from Survivor.
- ►►» Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien, from Marquesas, known for heading a counter-alliance that overthrew the Rotu Four.
- ►►» Lex van den Berghe, from Africa, known for being a master strategist who had control over most of his season.
- ►►» Shii Ann Huang, from Thailand, best known for turning on her tribe at what they thought was the merge.
Tribe HistoryIn the early stages of the game, Chapera was the most dominant of the three tribes. The tribe won three of the first four challenges, and lived a life of comparative luxury. It was during this time that Rob Mariano began to set up the web of alliances that would characterize his game: first by forming a pact with Amber Brkich, then with Tom Buchanan. Meanwhile, tempers flared at Chapera, with Rob M., Alicia Calaway, Tom, and Sue Hawk coming into repeated conflict due to their outspoken personalities.
Chapera attended Tribal Council for the first time on day twelve. In spite of the various conflicts between the tribe members, the tide turned against Rob Cesternino, who was seen as a threat due to his previous performance in the Amazon. Desperate for a life preserver, Rob C. made a last-minute pact with Rob M., who betrayed him. Rob C. was unanimously dismissed from the tribe at Tribal Council.
On Day 13, the tribe was able to select two members from the newly-dissolved Saboga tribe. They chose Rupert Boneham and Jenna Lewis, who became part of the team. Both newcomers immediately felt at home with their new camp and tribemates.
Chapera won the next Immunity Challenge, despite an incident where Mogo Mogo's Richard Hatch accidentally rubbed inappropriately against Sue while naked. The incident affected Sue back at camp, as she became distraught and mentally checked out of the game. When the tribes convened for the next Immunity Challenge, Sue quit the game in an explosion of emotion. The castaways decided to continue with the Immunity Challenge, which Mogo Mogo won after it became a Reward Challenge. The tribes were now even at six members each.
On Day 19, Chapera won a combined Reward/Immunity Challenge and earned the right to spend the day on a luxury yacht. They were also granted the privilege of kidnapping one member of the rival Mogo Mogo tribe who would then not have to attend Tribal Council. Chapera chose Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien, and took the opportunity to glean information from their captive.
On Day 21, Chapera, at the behest of Tree Mail, sent tribal ambassador Jenna L. to Mogo Mogo to select three items Chapera would steal upon winning a Reward Challenge. Chapera won the challenge, and were given the right to take Mogo Mogo's grill, Hawaiian sling, and one bag of rice.
As Chapera's winning streak continued, Rob M. and Amber's romance heated up as the pair became an inseparable alliance. In order to protect themselves from possible threats, the couple formed a final four pact with Saboga newcomers Jenna L. and Rupert, all the while continuing to honor their original deal with Tom.
The events of Day 22 baited the tribes with the possibility of a merge, only to reveal a shuffling of the tribes instead. Remarkably, the random shuffle resulted in every member of Mogo Mogo trading with a member of Chapera, leaving Amber as the only remaining Chapera member on a tribe with Kathy, Jerri Manthey, Lex van den Berghe, and Shii Ann Huang.
Chapera lost the next Immunity Challenge, and Rob M.-- now a member of Mogo Mogo and distraught at the prospect of Amber being sent home—struck a hasty protection deal with Lex after the challenge. Lex was forced to weigh his options: either alienating Rob M. and the former Chapera members in the event of a merge, or cutting loose his loyal ally Jerri. Eventually, with Kathy's help, Lex decided to boot Jerri, who was voted out unanimously.
On Day 31, Rob M., his brother Mike, Tom, and Tom's son Bo—winners of a family Reward Challenge—returned to the Chapera camp overnight as part of their reward.
- Chapera was the first starting red tribe to have a winner of a season.
- Among the three tribes, Chapera was the only tribe without a former Sole Survivor. The other two tribes had two Sole Survivors each. However, they did have the generally considered "smartest player to not win", and the tribe produced the winner of the season, as well as the winner of a future season.
- Chapera is the only starting tribe from Survivor: All-Stars whose lowest placing member was not a previous Sole Survivor.
- Every castaway that made the merge in Survivor: All-Stars was a member of Chapera at one point.
- The lowest placing male and highest place male on Chapera were both named Rob. (Rob Cesternino was the first Chapera member voted off at 15th, while Rob Mariano was the runner-up of the season).
- Coincidentally, the Chapera males finished reverse of their original placements. Rob C. had finished 3rd, Tom had finished 4th, and Rob M. had finished 10th.
- Amber was the only castaway to stay on Chapera at the Day 22 tribe switch.
- In the fourth season of the French version, Koh-Lanta: Panama, a starting tribe was also named "Chapera". Its rival tribe was named "Mogo", a shortened version of Mogo Mogo.
- Chapera is the first of three starting tribes of all returning players to not have any of its members start out on a tribe of the same color in their previous season(s).