|Namesake|| Portmanteau of Chapera,|
Saboga, and Mogo Mogo
|Tribe Type||Merged tribe|
|Day Formed||Day 26|
|Tribes Merged|| ██ Chapera|
██ Mogo Mogo
|Lowest Placing Member||Lex van den Berghe (9/18)|
|Highest Placing Member||Amber Brkich (Winner)|
Chaboga Mogo (a combination of the names of the three original tribes—Chapera, Saboga, and Mogo Mogo) was the name of the merged tribe comprised of the five members of Mogo Mogo, and the four members of Chapera. The tribe was characterized by the divide between the post-dissolve Chapera, and the post-dissolve Mogo Mogo. Chaboga Mogo's tribe color was blue. This tribe was dominated and fully controlled by the Chapera Alliance.
- ►►► » Alicia Calaway
- ►►► » Amber Brkich
- ►►► » Jenna Lewis
- ►►► » Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien
- ►►► » Lex van den Berghe
- ►►► » Rob Mariano
- ►►► » Rupert Boneham
- ►►► » Shii Ann Huang
- ►►► » Tom Buchanan
In Anger, Tears and Chaos (Episode 11), on Day 26, Chapera and Mogo Mogo arrived at Saboga Beach. They were given blue Buffs and told that their tribes had merged into one, and that they'd be making their home on the new beach.
Sparks flew immediately as Rob Mariano continued to string along Lex van den Berghe and Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien by making them believe that the deal he'd made with them after the previous immunity challenge was still valid. However, he was eventually forced to renege on the deal, leaving Kathy and Lex feeling betrayed and heartbroken.
Both Rob and Kathy won immunity after a surprise twist allowed one member of each gender to win an immunity necklace. Kathy contemplated relinquishing her immunity to Lex at Tribal Council, but eventually reconsidered and kept it for herself. Lex was voted out of the game by the Chapera majority and his former ally Shii Ann Huang in a 7-2 vote.
In A Thoughtful Gesture or a Deceptive Plan (Episode 12), Day twenty-eight saw a challenge that combined a "letters from home" reward with immunity. The team of Alicia Calaway, Amber Brkich, Rob, and Shii Ann won letters from their loved ones. Rob M. went on to win the individual portion of the challenge, granting him immunity and the chance to view a videotape from his brother, Mike. Rob forfeited his chance to see the tape in order to grant letters to everyone, a move that was viewed with equal parts admiration and suspicion by his fellow castaways.
With their backs against the wall, Kathy and Shii Ann attempted to swing Alicia and Tom Buchanan to their cause. It was to no avail, and Kathy was voted out 6-2 at Tribal Council, leaving Shii Ann as the only original Mogo Mogo left in the game.
Episode 13-14EditIn Stupid People, Stupid, Stupid People (Episode 13),
Rupert Boneham won the next reward challenge, a survey that revealed the tribe's opinions of one another and left Alicia with hurt feelings. This gave Rupert the opportunity to select which tribe members would receive which food rewards. By doing this, Rupert inadvertently revealed the pecking order, giving himself, Rob, Jenna Lewis, and Amber the most extravagant meals and leaving Tom and Shii Ann with potatoes and cold rice, respectively (Alicia also got a salad).
Chapera's total domination was foiled when Shii Ann unexpectedly won an endurance immunity challenge, leaving the tribe to cannibalize one of their own. At this point, several possibilities were discussed, including voting out Rupert—who had alienated those outside his alliance with his reward challenge win—and Rob, who had been dominating the game mentally and physically. They ultimately chose outsider Alicia, who was dismissed unanimously on Day thirty.
In A Chapera Surprise (Episode 14), the castaways' loved ones appeared to compete in a gross food challenge. Tom's son Bucky Bo won the challenge, and the pair chose Rob and his brother Mike to join them at the old Chapera camp for a night of drinking and carousing. During this time, Shii Ann attempted to turn the tide in her favor, but it was no use. Tom won the next immunity challenge, and Shii Ann was eliminated 5-1 on Day thirty-three.
In The Instigator (Episode 15), with no former Mogo Mogo members left to delay the process, the final five was comprised entirely of the former Chapera. At this point, Rupert and Jenna contemplated turning on the Rob-Amber power alliance that had thus far dictated the course of the game. These feelings of discontent were intensified when Rob won a car in a reward challenge and selected Amber to join him on the reward trip—at which point she, too, won a car. In order to prevent the impending betrayal, Rob instigated a fight between Rupert and Tom, so the two men wouldn't think to align. The move proved successful. At the next immunity challenge Amber lost the word search challenge to Rob despite a large lead. Tom was seen as the swing vote between the Rupert-Jenna alliance and the Rob-Amber alliance. Not wanting the possibility of his alliance losing, Rob convinced the tribe to blindside Tom. Rupert and Jenna stayed true to their alliance with Rob and Amber and a betrayed Tom was eliminated 4-1.
The final four, in spite of being largely amicable toward one another, was clearly divided between the two separate alliances: Rob and Amber were solid, and Jenna and Rupert had maintained their alliance in spite of some friction over the past several days. When Amber won the final four immunity challenge, the former alliance got the upper hand over the latter, and Rob and Amber attempted to pressure Jenna into betraying her ally rather than forcing a tiebreaker. This move proved successful, and Jenna joined the couple in voting out Rupert on Day thirty-seven.
The next day, the final three completed their Rites of Passage and settled in for the Final Immunity Challenge, Hand on a Hard Idol. Jenna L. was quickly eliminated when she moved her foot, and despite a brief moment of mistrust between Rob and Amber, Rob eventually won his fourth and final immunity challenge. He voted Jenna out of the game on Day thirty-eight.
Rob and Amber spent their last day on the island enjoying one another's company before heading to the Final Tribal Council. It proved to be a particularly harsh Jury, with Lex, Kathy, Alicia, and Tom all nursing hurt feelings over their perceived betrayal. These hurt Jurors proved to be instrumental in deciding the winner: since Rob had done the majority of the backstabbing, Lex, Alicia, and Tom all cast their votes to Amber. Shii Ann gave Amber her fourth and final vote out of respect for Amber's style of under-the-radar game-play. Rob would go on to propose to Amber, and Amber would win Survivor: All-Stars in a 4-3 vote (and said yes to Rob).
- Chaboga Mogo is the second of five merged tribes to make their names from a combination of original tribe names: Thailand's Chuay Jai, Guatemala's Xhakúm, Cook Islands' Aitutonga and Cagayan's Solarrion all followed a similar naming scheme.
- It is the first tribe in a season to feature three starting tribes to follow this format. Solarrion later became the second tribe to follow this format.
- The name "Chaboga Mogo" was chosen by Alicia and Amber after several attempts to combine the names of the original three tribes. Their first proposed name was "Bogamopera."
- Chaboga Mogo is the only merged tribe that Jerri Manthey and Colby Donaldson were not a part of in their Survivor career.
- According to the commentary on the Survivor: All-Stars DVD, the name was supposed to be one unbroken word: "Chabogamogo."
- Rob M. was tasked with the design and production of the tribe flag. The results were less than successful: Alicia stated after the game that she "just had to walk away" from the finished product. The making of the flag can be seen on the DVD's bonus footage.
- Upon merging, the tribes were given a table full of fishing gear. Many castaways were upset that it was not the traditional merge feast.
- Every castaway on the tribe was once on the Chapera tribe at one point in the game. Amber was the only member to never be on Mogo Mogo.
- With eleven letters and five syllables, Chaboga Mogo is the longest tribe name to date.
- Chaboga Mogo is the fifth blue tribe.
- It is the first blue merged tribe.
- Chaboga Mogo is the first merged tribe to consist of more women then men.
- This is the only merged tribe that Shii Ann Huang has been a part of.
- Chaboga Mogo is one of 5 merged tribes to enter the merge with half of the entire cast remaining. The other 4 tribes were Chuay Jai, Dabu, Nobag, and Yin Yang.
- Chaboga Mogo is the only merged tribe in a 3 tribe format season that its color is not black.
Follow us on Social Media!