Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Namesake:|| Portmanteau of Chapera,|
Mogo Mogo, and Saboga
|Tribe Type:||Merged tribe|
|Day Formed:||Day 26|
|Tribes Merged:|| Chapera|
|Lowest Placing Member:||Lex van den Berghe (9/18)|
|Highest Placing Member:||Amber Brkich (Winner)|
Chaboga Mogo has no insignia.
Chaboga Mogo (a combination of the names of the three original tribes—Chapera, Saboga, and Mogo Mogo) was the name of the merged tribe comprised of the five members of Mogo Mogo, and the four members of Chapera. The tribe was characterized by the divide between the post-dissolve Chapera, and the post-dissolve Mogo Mogo. Chaboga Mogo's tribe color was blue. This tribe was dominated and fully controlled by the Chapera Alliance.
- ►►►» Alicia Calaway, from The Australian Outback, infamous for her "finger-wagging" incident with Kucha tribemate Kimmi Kappenberg, in one of the show's most iconic rivalries.
- ►►►» Amber Brkich, from The Australian Outback, most notable for playing under-the-radar.
- ►►►» Jenna Lewis, from Borneo, popular for not receiving her loved ones tape on the Loved Ones Challenge.
- ►►►» Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien, from Marquesas, known for heading a counter-alliance that overthrew the Rotu Four.
- ►►►» Lex van den Berghe, from Africa, known for being a master strategist who had control over most of his season.
- ►►►» Rob Mariano, from Marquesas, known for his aggressive gameplay which got him sent home immediately after the merge.
- ►►►» Rupert Boneham, from Pearl Islands, known for stealing shoes and his attachment to his tribe's fishing spear.
- ►►►» Shii Ann Huang, from Thailand, best known for turning on her tribe at the "Fake Merge" and consequently being voted out for her scheming.
- ►►►» Tom Buchanan, from Africa, notable for his unintelligible Southern accent and cheerful disposition.
Sparks flew immediately as "Boston" Rob Mariano continued to string along Lex van den Berghe and Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien by making them believe that the deal he'd made with them after the episode 810 Immunity Challenge was still valid. However, he was eventually forced to renege on the deal, leaving Kathy and Lex feeling betrayed and heartbroken.
Both Rob and Kathy won immunity after a surprise twist allowed one member of each gender to win an Immunity Necklace. Kathy contemplated relinquishing her immunity to Lex at Tribal Council, but eventually reconsidered and kept it for herself. Lex was voted out of the game by the Chapera majority and his former ally Shii Ann Huang in a 7-2 vote.
Day 28 saw a challenge that combined a "letters from home" reward with immunity. The team of Alicia Calaway, Amber Brkich, Rob and Shii Ann won letters from their loved ones. Rob went on to win the individual portion of the challenge, granting him immunity and the chance to view a videotape from his brother, Mike. Rob forfeited his chance to see the tape in order to grant letters to everyone, a move that was viewed with equal parts admiration and suspicion by his fellow castaways.
With their backs against the wall, Kathy and Shii Ann attempted to swing Alicia and Tom Buchanan to their cause. It was to no avail, and Kathy was voted out 6-2 at Tribal Council, leaving Shii Ann as the only original Mogo Mogo left in the game.
Rupert Boneham won the next Reward Challenge, a survey that revealed the tribe's opinions of one another and left Alicia with hurt feelings. This gave Rupert the opportunity to select which tribe members would receive which rewards. By doing this, Rupert inadvertently revealed the pecking order, giving himself, Rob, Jenna Lewis and Amber the most extravagant meals and leaving Tom and Shii Ann with cold potatoes and rice, respectively.
Chapera's total domination was foiled when Shii Ann unexpectedly won an endurance Immunity Challenge, leaving the tribe to cannibalize one of their own. At this point, several possibilities were discussed, including voting our Rupert—who had alienated those outside his alliance with his Reward Challenge win—and Rob, who had been dominating the game mentally and physically. They ultimately chose outsider Alicia, who was dismissed unanimously on Day 30.
The castaways' loved ones appeared to compete in a gross food challenge. Tom's son Bucky Bo won the challenge, and the pair chose Boston Rob and his brother Mike to join them at the old Chapera came for a night of drinking and carousing. During this time, Shii Ann attempted to turn the tide in her favor, but it was no use. Tom won the next immunity, and Shii Ann was eliminated 5-1 on Day 33.
With no former Mogo Mogo members left to delay the process, the final five was comprised entirely of the former Chapera. At this point, Rupert and Jenna contemplated turning on the Rob-Amber power alliance that had thus far dictated the course of the game. These feelings of discontent were intensified when Rob won a vehicle in a Reward Challenge and select Amber to join him on the reward trip—at which point she, too, won a car. In order to prevent the impending betrayal, Rob instigated a fight between Rupert and Tom, so the two men wouldn't think to align. The move proved successful: after Amber threw a word search challenge in order to give Rob immunity, Rupert and Jenna stayed true to their alliance with Rob and Amber. A betrayed Big Tom was eliminated 4-1.
The final four, in spite of being largely amicable toward one another, was clearly divided between the two dyad alliances: Rob and Amber were as solid as ever, and Jenna and Rupert had maintained their alliance in spite of some friction over the past several days. When Amber won the Immunity Challenge, the former alliance got the upper hand over the latter, and Rob and Amber attempted to pressure Jenna into betraying her ally rather than having a rock-pulling tiebreaker. This move proved successful, and Jenna joined the couple in voting out Rupert on Day 37.
The next day, the final three completed their torch walk and settled in for the Final Immunity Challenge Jenna was quickly eliminated when she moved her foot, and despite a brief moment of mistrust between Rob and Amber, Rob eventually won his third and Final Immunity Challenge. He voted Jenna out of the game on Day 38.
Rob and Amber spent their last day on the island enjoying one another's company before heading to the Final Tribal Council. The jury proved to be a particularly harsh batch, with Lex, Kathy, Alicia and Tom all nursing hurt feelings over Rob's betrayal of them.
Months later, Rob would go on to propose to Amber, which the latter accepted. Ultimately, Amber won Survivor: All-Stars in a 4-3 vote.
- Chaboga Mogo is the second of six merged tribes to make their names from a combination of original tribe names, following Chuay Jai.
- The name "Chaboga Mogo" was chosen by Alicia and Amber after several attempts to combine the names of the original three tribes. Their first proposed name was "Bogamopera".
- According to the commentary on the Survivor: All-Stars DVD, the name was supposed to be one unbroken word: "Chabogamogo".
- Rob M. was tasked with the design and production of the tribe flag. The results were less than successful: Alicia stated after the game that she "just had to walk away" from the finished product. The making of the flag can be seen on the DVD's bonus footage.
- Upon merging, the tribes were given a table full of fishing gear. Many castaways were upset that it was not the traditional merge feast.
- With eleven letters and five syllables, Chaboga Mogo is the longest tribe name to date.
- Chaboga Mogo is the first merged tribe to consist of more women than men.
- This is the only merged tribe that Shii Ann Huang has been a part of, as she failed to reach the merge of her original season.
- This is the only merged tribe on a season with more than two starting tribes to not be colored black.