Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Celebrity Survivor Australia|
|Filming Location:||Éfaté Island, Vanuatu|
|Filming Dates:||May 14, 2006 - June 18, 2006|
|Season Run:||August 17, 2006 – November 2, 2006|
|No. of Episodes:||12|
|No. of Days:||25|
|No. of Survivors:||12|
|Runner(s) Up:||Justin Melvey|
|Previous:||Australian Survivor (2002)|
|Next:||Australian Survivor (2016)|
Celebrity Survivor Australia (Celebrity Survivor Vanuatu) is the second season of the Australian reality show, Australian Survivor It was filmed in Éfaté Island, Vanuatu. The premiere aired on Thursday, August 17, 2006.
This season featured 12 Australian celebrities vying for a prize of AUD$100,000. 41 year-old Guy Leech, a surf lifesaving champion from Sydney, Australia emerged victorious. He defeated Justin Melvey by a 3-2 vote, becoming Australia's second Sole Survivor.
This season shares many similarities with the ninth season of the American version of Survivor.
After the failure of the first season of Australian Survivor in 2002, the Seven Network found a loophole in the Channel Nine contract and obtained the rights to produce Celebrity Survivor. The show was filmed on Éfaté Island in Vanuatu. The series was filmed over twenty-five days, from late May to early June 2006. Guy Leech won the game after returning to the game through on of the season's twist's, winning AUD$100,000.
- Extra Tribe Member: For the combined Reward/Immunity Challenge in the first episode, it was revealed that not only would the winning tribe receive Immunity, but also the reward of an extra tribe member in the form of Ben Wynn, an ex-S.A.S. soldier and survival expert. As a result, Ben became the only castaway this season to not be a celebrity nor be competing for charity.
- Self Vote: After three days of competing, Kym Johnson couldn't stand the harsh conditions, and asked to be voted out. She then voted against herself at Tribal Council, becoming only the second person in Survivor history to do so.
- Re-entering The Game: During the tenth episode of the series, the three remaining contestants watched on as the five players voted out after the merge then competed for two places back in the game, with those who did not return taking three of the five seats on the jury. The two players who won their places back in the game, Guy and Justin, would go on to be the eventual finalists.
- Celebrity Special: This season featured 12 Australian celebrities, vying for the title of Sole Survivor.
- Jury Tiebreaker: In episode eleven a tiebreaker occurred between Justin Melvey and Nicolle Dickson. When the re-vote ended in a tie past votes came into account. Both castaways had the same amount of past votes so the jury had to decide who would be eliminated. The Jury unanimously eliminated Nicolle.
|Original Tribe||Switched Tribe||Merged Tribe|
|Moso||1st Voted Out|
|Kakula||2nd Voted Out|
|Moso||Moso||3rd Voted Out|
|Moso||Moso|| 4th Voted Out|
|Kakula||Kakula||5th Voted Out|
Rugby Union Footballer
|Kakula||Moso||Tanna||7th Voted Out|
1st Jury Member
|Kakula||Kakula||9th Voted Out|
2nd Jury Member
|Kakula||Moso||10th Voted Out|
3rd Jury Member
|Moso||Kakula||11th Voted Out|
4th Jury Member
|Moso||Kakula||12th Voted Out|
5th Jury Member
|Moso||Moso||8th Voted Out|
Surf Lifesaving Champion
|Kakula||Kakula|| 6th Voted Out|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Episode 1: The Premiere and Marooning||Kakula||Kym||6-0||1st Voted Out|
|Episode 2||Kakula||Moso||Ben||5-1|| 2nd Voted Out|
|Episode 3: The Tribal Shuffle||Moso||Kakula||Fiona||3-2|| 3rd Voted Out|
|Episode 4||Kakula||Kakula||Amber||3-1|| 4th Voted Out|
|Episode 5||Moso||Moso||Wayne||3-2|| 5th Voted Out|
|Episode 6: The Merge|| Guy|
[Elton & Gabrielle]
|David||Guy||5-2|| 6th Voted Out|
|Episode 7|| David, Gabrielle,|
|David||Elton||4-1-1|| 7th Voted Out|
|Episode 8|| Nicolle|
|Justin||4-1|| 8th Voted Out|
|Episode 9||Nicolle||David||Gabrielle||3-1|| 9th Voted Out|
|Episode 10|| Guy & Justin|
|Imogen||David||4-1|| 10th Voted Out|
|Episode 11|| Guy|
| 11th Voted Out|
|Episode 12: The Finale||None||Justin||Imogen||1-0||12th Voted Out|
^1 Combined Reward and Immunity Challenge.
|Celebrity Survivor Australia Voting History|
|Original Tribes||Switched Tribes||Merged Tribe|
- Every castaway in Celebrity Survivor Australia got voted off at some point in the season.
- Is is the first Australian Survivor season not to include a reunion.
|Australian Survivor Seasons|