|Birth Date||June 20, 1955|
|Hometown||Winter Park, Florida|
|Alliance(s)||Older Samburu Alliance|
Dr. Carl Bilancione, DMD is a contestant from Survivor: Africa.
Born in Chelsea, Massachusetts, Carl Bilancione grew up in Brooklyn, New York and Selden, Long Island, and currently lives in Winter Springs, Florida. Bilancione attended Fairleigh Dickinson University, where he earned both a Bachelor of Science and a dental degree. He currently owns his own private dental practice in Winter Park, Florida.
Bilancione is an avid sports fan, photographer, scuba diver and marathon runner. He has competed in and completed more than six marathons, including the New York Marathon, London Marathon, Disney Marathon and Marine Corps Marathon. He has a passion for sports photography, and enjoys photographing his beloved New York Yankees and Orlando Magic.
Carl Bilancione describes himself as highly competitive, vivacious and personable. He is a member of the American Dental Association, the Florida Dental Association, the International Congress of Oral Implantology (he holds Mastership Status) and the International Society of Freelance Photographers. He is also the official photographer for The Downtown Athletic Club of Orlando, which presents the Dick Butkus Award honoring the best linebacker in college football. Bilancione has been happily married to wife Deborah, and they have two children, Jessica and Bryan. His birth date is June 20, 1955.
Despite Samburu's early winning streak, the tribe was fractured by two conflicting alliances defined by age. With the younger members Silas, Brandon, Lindsey, and Kim P. banding together to eliminate their older peers, Carl and his fellow older members Frank, Teresa, and Linda had formed their own alliance out of necessity. The older members felt that the younger members were too lazy, while the younger members perceived the older members as too abrasive and overworking. When the rival Boran tribe won the Day 8 Immunity Challenge, the two Samburu alliances clashed at Tribal Council, where the younger alliance deemed Carl as too wealthy and successful for being a prominent dentist. Carl and the rest of the elder alliance have pooled their votes on Lindsey for being too immature and having a questionable desire for the game. The vote ended in a 4-4 tie vote. When the re-vote did not help, a tiebreaker challenge ensued. After a streak of wrong answers from both Carl and Lindsey, the former missed a question, while the latter answered correctly, thus kicking the dentist out of the tribe.
|Carl's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Samburu Tribe Immune|
|2||Samburu Tribe Immune|
| Brandon, Kim P., Lindsey, Silas;|
Brandon, Kim P., Silas1
|Voted Off, Day 9|
^1 In The Gods Are Angry, the vote ended with a 4-4 tie between Carl and Lindsey, forcing a revote. Nobody changed their vote on the revote, forcing a quiz tiebreaker. Carl was eliminated at the tiebreaker.
- Bilancione continues to work as renowned dentist in Florida. He was also involved with many local and national charities after the show.
- Carl is the oldest member of Samburu and oldest male contestant on Survivor: Africa.
- Carl's luxury item was a Toothbrush and Toothpaste.
- Carl claims to have several luxury cars, which include a Mercedes Benz, a Porsche and two others.
- Carl is the only contestant to be eliminated via a nature quiz tiebreaker.
- Carl was the first male to leave the game in Africa.
- He was also the first member of Samburu to be eliminated.
- Carl was the first male to be the third person voted out/eliminated from the game and the first male to place 14th.
- Carl is the first person to be eliminated as a result of a tiebreaker challenge, rather than a past votes deadlock, or a revote.
|Survivor: Africa Castaways|