|Born:||April 10, 1972|
|Hometown:||San Francisco, California|
|Alliance(s):|| Outcast Alliance|
Drake Alliance (affiliated)
He earned the distinction as the first person to re-enter the game after elimination and also the first person to be voted out twice in one season, due to being an Outcast.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Burton Roberts was born in Houston, and raised in St. Louis. He is currently single and residing in San Francisco, where he works as a marketing executive for a start-up tech company in the video gaming industry. Previously, he worked as a marketing and business development consultant and an alliance manager. With bachelor degrees in both business and philosophy from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, he is most proud of earning a Masters Degree in business administration from the Kellogg School of Management in Evanston, Illinois (one of the top business schools in the world). His favorite hobbies include adventure racing, mountain biking and traveling, and he describes himself as adventurous, funny and a hard worker. He owns five Texas longhorns on his family's ranch outside of Austin, Texas. His heroes are his mom and dad who have worked so hard and have achieved success in life while being so dedicated to family. He thinks he'll do well on SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS because of his experiences as an Eagle Scout and an adventure racer. Additionally, he believes his strength, smarts and his ability to take care of himself will serve him well. His birth date is April 10, 1972.
Burton was initially placed on the Drake tribe. He made a strong alliance with Michelle Tesauro and Shawn Cohen. After winning the first three Immunity Challenges Burton decided to end his tribes winning streak to eliminate some of the weaker tribe members. After winning the challenge the Morgan tribe won the right to kidnap someone. They decided to kidnap Rupert Boneham, which resulted in the tribe being mad at Burton. At Drake's first Tribal Council, the Drake Alliance deemed Burton untrustworthy and he was subsequently blindsided. He later returned as an Outcast, which gave him one more shot to return in the game. When the The Outcasts won the challenge, they elected Burton and Lillian Morris to return to the game. Burton then made amends with his old tribe, while Lillian was still resented by hers. Burton won the first Individual Immunity Challenge after the merge, but due to The Outcasts twist he already had immunity and was given the choice to either give up immunity to a castaway of his choice, or keep immunity resulting in the Outcasts immunity being useless. He ultimately decided to give Immunity to Rupert Boneham due to the fact that Rupert was a member of his alliance. Later, Burton and Jon Fairplay caused Rupert to be blindsided. He then conspired with Jon to eliminate the girls, getting rid of Tijuana and Christa. His downfall was when Jon selected him to join him on a reward, which gave Lillian, Sandra, and Darrah time to conspire to get rid of Burton and Jon. After talking to the girls when he returned from the reward Burton was sure that he was safe. Burton was then blindsided when he though Sandra was on Burton's and Jon's side, when she really stuck with the girls to vote him out for a second time.
At Final Tribal Council, he gave his jury vote to Sandra who won 6-1.
|Burton's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Drake Tribe Immune|
|2||Drake Tribe Immune|
|3||Drake Tribe Immune|
|4||Christa|| Christa, Jon, Sandra,|
|Voted Off, Day 12|
Ryan S., Trish1
|Returned, Day 19|
|13||Lillian|| Darrah, Lillian,|
|Voted Off, Day 36|
| Voted for|
^1 In What the...? (Part 2), Burton voted for two people he wanted to bring back into the game, while Michelle, Ryan S., and Trish wanted him to return. His votes are enough to bring him back to the game. As part of his resurrection, he was given immunity at his first visiting Tribal Council. Also, Burton had won Individual Immunity, but gave it to Rupert during Tribal Council, because he was already immune due to returning to the game via the Outcasts twist.
- In Summer of 2005, Burton, along with Richard, Susan, Gervase, and Jerri, competed on the Bravo reality show Battle of the Network Reality Stars. He and Richard were on the dark blue tribe.
- Burton is the executive producer of Around The World Productions company.
- On January 9, 2010, Burton attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Burton and Lillian Morris are the first two people to return to the game after being voted out.
- Burton was the first person to possess two individual immunities simultaneously (he had immunity as a returning Outcast and as the winner of an Immunity Challenge).
- He is also the only castaway to give up immunity and not be left vulnerable. Burton is also the only one to not be the youngest contestant on the season.
- He is the only player to give up individual immunity and not receive votes.
- In "The Great Lie", Burton became the first person to win individual immunity, only to have it stripped.
- Burton became the first person to be voted off more than once in a single season. He was the only one with this "distinction" for seven years, until Matt Elrod and Andrea Boehlke were voted off from Survivor: Redemption Island twice in 2011. Their "record" was broken when Ozzy Lusth was voted out three times on Survivor: South Pacific.
- Burton was nominated in Survivor: America's Tribal Council in the Sexiest Male category, but lost to Colby Donaldson.
- Burton is tied with Lillian Morris to have the most votes cast against him in Survivor: Pearl Islands with 10.
- Burton is the only Outcast who voted for two contestants of the same gender at the episode 8 returnee vote.
|Survivor: Pearl Islands Castaways|