|Birth Date||October 15, 1991|
|Occupation||Oil tanker crewman|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Upolu|
██ Te Tuna
Brandon, a Born-Again Christian and nephew of the notorious villain Russell Hantz, struggled with keeping his true identity from his fellow Upolu tribe mates as well as battling temptation, along with the moral dilemma it presented.
Survivor: South PacificEdit
Brandon was a member of the Upolu Tribe, which would soon be joined by returning player Coach Wade. Within the first three days, Brandon became a member of a majority alliance in Upolu consisting of himself, Coach, Sophie Clarke, Albert Destrade, and Rick Nelson. Brandon hid the fact he was the nephew of former player Russell Hantz (going as far as to wearing his shirt covering the upper portion of his back where he had a Hantz tattoo while he was fishing), but ended up seeing it as too much of a burden to keep to himself, and told Coach on Day 4. Brandon also struggled with temptation and began to conspire against tribemate Mikayla Wingle. The Upolu 5 managed to control the merge and boot Christine Shields Markoski (who openly threatened returning players on the first day), Stacey Powell, and Mikayla at the three Tribals Upolu attended. Although Brandon began to unravel and struggle more and more with his personal beliefs, he remained loyal to the Upolu 5. When only the members of the original Upolu 5 remained, Brandon was the target for the Tribal Council, but surprised everyone when he won his first Individual Immunity. Later on, Albert was called out on his deceit by Sophie, Brandon, and Rick. However, Brandon later made amends with Albert before Tribal Council, and gave up his immunity to Albert, feeling that he owed him. Brandon found himself betrayed by his allies in a 3-2 vote. At the final Redemption Island duel, despite putting up a good fight against Ozzy Lusth, he was beaten and became the seventh member of the jury. At the Final Tribal Council, Brandon was mainly bitter towards Albert, asking him if he knew if he was going home and only wanted a yes or no answer. When Albert said he didn't know, Brandon simply uttered "You lie" and sat back down. In the end, he cast his vote for Sophie to win Survivor: South Pacific. Sophie ended up winning in a 6-3-0 vote.
|Brandon's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Upolu Tribe Immune|
|3||Upolu Tribe Immune|
|5||Upolu Tribe Immune|
|7||Upolu Tribe Immune|
|14||Sophie|| Coach, Rick,|
|Voted Off, Day 35|
|15||In Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 36|
| Voted for|
^1 In Double Agent, the vote ended with a 6-6 tie between Rick and Keith, forcing a revote. Brandon did not change his vote at the revote.
|Statistics of Brandon Hantz|
|Total number of days||49|
|Total votes received||12|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||1|
Brandon returned for a second time as one of the ten past players comprising the Bikal Tribe. Brandon developed a close bond with tribemates Francesca Hogi, Erik Reichenbach, and Brenda Lowe, ultimately joining their alliance. After Bikal lost the first Immunity Challenge, Brandon began to gun for tribemate Andrea Boehlke, believing her to be a dangerous player in the game. However, his ally Francesca was voted out in a 6-4 decision. Angered by the idea of how cold the majority alliance was for voting out Francesca first for a second time, Brandon flirted with the idea of borrowing some ideas from his uncle Russell by sabotaging his tribe by, such as urinating on their rice, but managed to restrain himself. Phillip Sheppard, the head of the Stealth R Us 2.0, adopted Brandon to his alliance, and like everyone from the alliance, Phillip christened him by giving him his code name, "The Conqueror." Brandon and the rest of the Favorites would remain unbeatable in challenges, winning the next five.
Over the course of his time on the island, he developed a rivalry with Phillip, after the latter referred to him as "middle management". Brandon retaliated by saying that Phillip was the biggest bully he had ever met in front of the other tribe members. In Day 13, the rivalry between the two came to a head when Phillip and Brandon got into an argument following their Reward Challenge win. Brandon apologized to Phillip for losing his cool. However, shortly before the Immunity Challenge, Brandon confronted tribemate Andrea and learned that Phillip was still considering voting him out, despite making amends. Phillip and Brandon got into another argument, resulting in Brandon pouring out Bikal's rice and beans and taunting Phillip to fight him as he walked away.
Appalled by Brandon's mercurial personality, Phillip and the other Favorites leaned towards forfeiting the upcoming Immunity Challenge outright so they can vote Brandon out. At the Immunity Challenge, Brandon launches a tirade against his tribemates, telling the Fans that he was their "second chance" before taking the opportunity to continue bashing Phillip, telling the fans about Stealth R Us and that the code names Phillip had given everyone were demeaning. Brandon also insulted Corinne Kaplan for trying to be nice to the Fans, when they clearly didn't respect them. Jeff called Brandon over to him to cool Brandon down after manifesting intentions to physically harm anyone. Regardless, Bikal forfeited the challenge anyway, and right there and then, the Favorites verbally voted Brandon out, 8-1.
|Brandon's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Bikal Tribe Immune|
|3||Bikal Tribe Immune|
|4||No Tribal Council|
|Bikal Tribe Immune|
|5||Phillip||Andrea, Brenda, Cochran, Corinne,|
Dawn, Erik, Malcolm, Phillip
|Voted Off, Day 13|
At the South Pacific Reunion Show, Brandon revealed that nobody from his family had came to support him since most of them were disappointed and angry over how Brandon played the game. Russell Hantz, Brandon's uncle was present at the Reunion Show but was not there on behalf of his nephew, whom he ended up insulting after Jeff Probst found him in the audience and wanted him to critique Brandon's game play.
During an episode of Rob Has A Podcast, Russell claims that the reason that nobody from Brandon's immediate family were there was because Brandon sold the tickets that were supposed to be for them.
- Brandon is the first relative of a former contestant to compete on Survivor (Russell Hantz is his uncle).
- Debunking popular belief that he was recruited for the sake of stunt casting, Brandon revealed in his EW.com interview that he made an audition tape.
- Brandon is the fourth contestant to give up individual immunity, following Jenna Morasca, Burton Roberts, and Erik Reichenbach.
- Brandon is the second contestant to give up individual immunity and be voted out at the same Tribal Council, following Reichenbach.
- Coincidentally, both he and Reichenbach returned for Caramoan.
- In a 2012 interview Jeff Probst stated him giving up immunity was his 4th favorite Tribal Council moment of all time.
- Brandon is currently the youngest male Survivor contestant overall (the youngest at the time of filming is Spencer Duhm, who was born before Brandon).
- Brandon was the youngest contestant on South Pacific.
- He is the youngest male contestant, and the youngest "favorite" on Caramoan.
- Brandon is the youngest person to win individual immunity. However, he gave it away and was eliminated at the same tribal council.
- The Youngest person to win individual immunity and keep it for herself was Natalie Tenerelli
- Along with fellow South Pacific contestant Jim Rice, Brandon set the record of holding 240 lbs (109 kg) on his shoulders in the Shoulder the Load challenge.
- Brandon was the first male member of the Upolu tribe to be voted out. He is also the lowest ranking male Upolu member.
- According to his Ponderosa clip, Brandon lost 30 pounds (14 kg) during his 36-day run on South Pacific.
- Thus far, Brandon is the only contestant to have their clip featured after the "One Survivor" portion of the season intro.
- In an interview in Rob Has A Podcast, Brandon's uncle, Russell, said that he believed his nephew gave up the Immunity Necklace because he wanted to quit, with his brother Shawn (Brandon's father, who appeared on Survivor: South Pacific during the loved ones challenge) claiming that during his time with his son, Brandon already visibly checked out of the game.
- According to Brandon, he has two new tattoos as of Caramoan.
- Phillip Sheppard gave him the nickname "The Conqueror".
- After Brandon's meltdown in camp, his tribe decided to forfeit the following Immunity Challenge and vote him out. Jeff Probst decided not to wait for Tribal Council and just asked the Bikal tribe members who they want to vote against. Hantz was voted off unanimously.
- Brandon mentioned that because of the events of the Tribal Council in which he was voted off on South Pacific, he and Albert Destrade don't talk anymore.
- Brandon was banned from attending Caramoan's Reunion Show, making him the first person in Survivor history not to be allowed to attend; and one of two contestants to not attend a reunion show in person (together with Brenda Lowe, who couldn't make it because of her pregnancy).
|Survivor: South Pacific Contestants|
Albert Destrade · Brandon Hantz · Christine Shields Markoski · Coach Wade · Dawn Meehan · Edna Ma · Elyse Umemoto · Jim Rice · John Cochran · Keith Tollefson · Mark Caruso · Mikayla Wingle · Ozzy Lusth · Rick Nelson · Semhar Tadesse · Sophie Clarke · Stacey Powell · Whitney Duncan
|Survivor: Caramoan Contestants|
Allie Pohevitz · Andrea Boehlke · Brandon Hantz · Brenda Lowe · Corinne Kaplan · Dawn Meehan · Eddie Fox · Erik Reichenbach · Francesca Hogi · Hope Driskill · John Cochran · Julia Landauer · Laura Alexander · Malcolm Freberg · Matt Bischoff · Michael Snow · Phillip Sheppard · Reynold Toepfer · Shamar Thomas · Sherri Biethman