|Born:||May 8, 1969|
|Occupation:||Attorney/Former NFL Player|
|Blood vs. Water|
|Alliance(s):||Five Guys Alliance|
A former NFL player and husband of Survivor: One World contestant Monica Culpepper, he was known for his poor leadership over the Tadhana tribe, which cost them four straight Immunity Challenges. He continued to anger many contestants by voting off them or their loved ones wrongly, especially Candice Cody and Marissa Peterson. His alliance would later betray him by blindsiding him during a tie vote.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Brad Culpepper (44)
Hometown: Tampa, FL
Blood vs. Water
Brad Culpepper came with his wife, returning player Monica Culpepper for Survivor: Blood vs. Water. However, it was Returning Players vs Loved Ones, separating the married couple. Brad was placed on the Tadhana tribe. In the First Impressions vote, Brad got a vote from Marissa Peterson. However, Laura Boneham was voted out from Tadhana. Rupert Boneham switched with Laura, transferring her to Galang and him to Redemption Island. Brad immediately gathered the five guys on the tribe to form a majority alliance. Tadhana initially had the lead at the first challenge of the season. The lead was then lost by Katie Collins and Ciera Eastin. Gervase Peterson's gloating angered Brad causing him to turn the vote against Marissa. She was unanimously voted out.
At the duel, Candice came in first while Rupert was eliminated. Candice decided to give a cue to the Hidden Immunity Idol to her husband, John. Tadhana lost the challenge again. The alliance decided to target Rachel Foulger in order to bait her boyfriend, returning player Tyson Apostol, into switching with her. Although John wanted the weaker Ciera gone, Rachel was voted out in a 5-2-1 vote. At the next duel, Brad was confronted by a very angry Tyson and Marissa; Tyson was angry with Brad for voting out Rachel and knew very well why Brad had her voted her out. Marissa was angry with Brad for voting out strong people over the weak, but after he told her that's the way the game goes, she snapped and shouted "F*** You Brad Culpepper" with her Uncle Gervase warning her to tone it down. Colton Cumbie decided to quit and Rachel was eliminated from the game. Candice gave John another clue to the idol. John told Brad about the clues. Tadhana had an early lead at the Immunity Challenge, but lost yet again. It was decided that Ciera would go for being useless to the tribe (Katie at least cooked meals). However, Brad realized that John would listen to Candice when she returned. This prompted Brad to turn the tribe against John. Despite having reservations, John was blindsided in a unanimous vote.
At the next duel, Brad came under fire again for voting out John. John came in first, while Marissa was permanently eliminated from the game. Candice told John to give the clue to Monica. Brad told his wife to burn the clue, in which she complied. Brad thought about voting out Caleb Bankston to avoid the heat at the duel arena. Brad was unaware that he was actually at the bottom of his own alliance. Tadhana lost once again due to Ciera poor performance at the puzzle. Brad talked to the girls about voting Caleb out. Brad decided to deal with the wrath of Ciera's mother, Laura Morett. However, Brad's alliance was tipped off when he failed to appear for a strategy session. At Tribal Council, Brad said that getting rid of someone without a loved one would be a good idea. This caused Caleb to vote against Brad, forcing a tie. In the revote, Vytas Baskauskas voted against Brad, sending him off to Redemption Island in a 3-1 vote.
Candice was delighted to have Brad on Redemption Island referring it to "The sweetest voice I ever wanted to hear on Redemption Island" so she could beat him. However, this was not the case. While John came in first place, Brad beat out Candice for second place, eliminating her from the competition. John gave Monica another clue, which she promptly burned. Tadhana won the next challenge. Galang unanimously voted out Laura M. with the purpose of sending Brad home and having Monica's loyalty. Laura would fulfill her purpose as she and John beat out Brad for first and second place respectively, eliminating him from the game.
|Brad's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
| Caleb, Ciera, Katie;|
Caleb, Katie, Vytas1
|Voted Off, Day 10|
|5||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 14|
^1 In One Armed Dude and Three Moms, the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Brad and Ciera, forcing a revote. Vytas changed his vote to Brad on the revote, sending him to Redemption Island.
|“||We've all changed the game, so to win this game, you gotta go big or go home.||”|
|Brad's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Nuku Tribe Immune|
|2||Nuku Tribe Immune|
|5||Mana Tribe Immune|
|6||Mana Tribe Immune|
|7||Mana Tribe Immune|
|14|| ||Individual Immunity|
| Jury Votes|
|Debbie, Ozzy, Sierra|
|Runner-Up, Day 39|
^1 In No Good Deed Goes Unpunished, Tai used a Hidden Immunity Idol on Aubry, negating Brad's vote against her.
- Brad was sued for "fraud and deceit" by the insurance company that paid him in workers' compensation for his 89 percent disability rating two years previous from his appearance in Survivor. According to the lawsuit, Brad told doctors of "low back pain and stiffness which is almost always present," and said he had "quite a bit of difficulty getting into or out of the bath and performing heavy activities around his home" while during his time in Blood vs. Water, he was shown "paddling a canoe, diving under water repeatedly, retrieving large crates and stacking them on the shore".
|“||I was on pain medication, and I had a back procedure right before that. Just because I chose to do things that are contra [sic] to my body, doesn't mean I'm not in pain, and doesn't mean I'm not impaired. This whole lawsuit is ludicrous. I've worked too hard in my life to have this as a headline.||”|
–Brad Culpepper about the lawsuit
|Statistics of Brad Culpepper|
|Total votes received:||9|
|Days spent on Redemption Island:||4|
- Brad and Monica initially applied for The Amazing Race, but its casting producers suggested they apply for Survivor. Monica explained that CBS was more interested with her than with her husband.
- Brad is the fifth NFL player to compete on Survivor, following Gary Hogeboom, Jimmy Johnson, Steve Wright, and Grant Mattos.
- Brad was first approached to be on Survivor: One World.
- Brad is the oldest male member of Tadhana.
- Coincidentally, Brad spent the same amount of days in the game as his wife, Monica, did in her first season.
- Brad was one of 32 contestants eligible to be selected to compete on Survivor: Cambodia, but was not chosen to be on the final cast. This makes him the only player from Survivor: Blood vs. Water to be on the ballot for Cambodia but not compete.
- Brad has the tribe symbols of Tadhana and Galang tattooed on his body.
- Brad is one of fifteen castaways (the others being Rob Mariano, Shii Ann Huang, Bobby Jon Drinkard, Michael Skupin, Russell Swan, Francesca Hogi, Monica Culpepper, Colton Cumbie, Kimmi Kappenberg, Jeff Varner, Andrew Savage, Kelley Wentworth, Caleb Reynolds, and Michaela Bradshaw) that returned for a second season despite not reaching the jury phase in their original season.
- Brad is the sixth castaway to win five Individual Immunity Challenges in a single season, following Colby Donaldson, Tom Westman, Terry Deitz, Ozzy Lusth, and Mike Holloway.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214729/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/215594/
- ↑ http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/89-percent-disability-rating-nfl-star-shines-survivor/story?id=28557340
- ↑ Deggans, Eric (May 10, 2013). "Tampa Bay 'Survivor' Contestants Reminisce about Experiences". Tampa Bay Times. http://www.tampabay.com/features/media/tampa-bay-survivor-contestants-reminisce-about-experiences/2119492. Retrieved May 30, 2013.
- ↑ http://survivoroz.wordpress.com/2014/01/14/brad-culpepper-interview/
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/gallery/survivor-second-chance-contenders/2182883_brad-culpepper
- ↑ https://youtu.be/d-eye5Myxlc?t=57s/
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|
|Survivor: Game Changers Castaways|