|Born:||May 5, 1981|
|Occupation:||Real Estate Broker|
Retrieved from CBS.com
Blake Towsley was born in San Francisco and grew up in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He studied in Oxford, England for one summer. He eventually moved to Dallas to attend Southern Methodist University, where he double-majored in finance and political science. He currently makes his living as a commercial real estate broker and model.
Towsley describes himself as romantic, driven, and gutsy. His three favorite activities are skydiving, hunting, and kissing (not necessarily in that order). He says he's been president of every organization that he has been a part of and considers Lance Armstrong his hero because "the drive of that man is incredible. I like people that get off their butt and make their dreams happen."
Towsley says he has what it takes to become the Sole Survivor because "I am so competitive it's ridiculous. While I am not the kind of person to scheme and backstab, I am less of the kind of person to accept second place. SURVIVOR would be a true test of moral fiber and personal character, something I will find more challenging than any stunt."
In his spare time, Towsley likes hanging out with friends, cooking, watching NASCAR and hunting for quail. His birth date is May 5, 1981.
Blake began the game on the Nakúm tribe, where he participated in the 11-mile hike through the jungle to start the game. After the hike, Blake had trouble breathing and seemed to be in bad shape. He survived the first vote because of his greater potential strength in challenges as opposed to Jim Lynch, and continued to improve throughout the game.
A tribal swap occurred, and Blake was moved to Yaxhá with tribemates Brandon Bellinger, Bobby Jon Drinkard, and Danni Boatwright, forming a majority over the former Yaxhá members. Blake constantly told ridiculous stories around camp about college, his girlfriend, or life in general. The tribe was heavily annoyed by his antics. When the new Yaxhá tribe went to Tribal Council for the first time, Blake thought he would vote with his former tribemates to oust Brian Corridan, but was instead blindsided himself.
|Blake's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Nakúm Tribe Immune|
|3||Nakúm Tribe Immune|
|4||Yaxhá Tribe Immune|
|5||Brian|| Amy, Bobby Jon,|
Brian, Danni, Gary
|Voted Off, Day 14|
- In 2009, Blake and Survivor: Vanuatu castaway John Kenney auditioned for The Amazing Race.
- Blake is married to Julie Ventura. They have one daughter named Harlow.
- Blake's nickname in Guatemala was The Golden Boy because "no matter what happened to him, he always came out shining". The nickname was given to him by Amy O'Hara.
- Blake is the first person to be voted out on Day 14.
- Of the eight castaways from Guatemala that switched tribes during the Tribe Switch, Blake is the only one who did not make the merge.
- Of the castaways who were voted off of Yaxhá, Blake's elimination was the only one that was not unanimous.
|Survivor: Guatemala Castaways|