|Birth Date||September 11, 1977|
|Tribe(s)|| Puka Puka|
|Placement||2nd Runner-Up (3/20)|
Rebekah "Becky" Lee is a contestant from Survivor: Cook Islands.
Remembered for her season-long bond with original tribemate Yul Kwon, Becky was seen to be a follower rather than a major strategist. Her comparatively weaker gameplay eventually led to her becoming the first finalist to receive zero jury votes, as well as becoming the first second runner-up in Survivor history.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Born to South Korean immigrants in Flushing, New York, Rebekah "Becky" Lee was raised in the suburbs of Pittsburgh. She attended Thomas Jefferson High School where she played varsity tennis all four years and did international volunteer work in several developing countries.
Lee received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in women's studies from the University of Michigan. While at Michigan, she was an active member of Alpha Kappa Psi and the Women's Boxing team. Lee continued on to receive her Juris Doctorate Degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. While there, she was elected president of the Asian Law Students Association and was involved with Pitt Law Women's Association and Pittsburgh Asian American Young Professional Association.
Interested in the prevention of domestic violence, she has been working on issues concerning domestic violence survivors over the last eight years as a policy associate and attorney. She is also passionate about creating awareness of the specific needs of battered immigrant women, such as language access and cultural competency. She has previously worked as a kickboxing instructor, policy associate and legal intern.
Lee enjoys playing competitive sports, doing hot yoga, traveling to warm climates and going out with her girlfriends. Her favorite sport is football, and she especially loves watching her two favorite teams, the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Michigan Wolverines. She regularly plays flag football and tennis. She is most proud of passing the bar exam. She is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Lee currently resides in Washington, D.C. Her birth date is on September 11, 1977.
Survivor: Cook Islands
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Becky's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Puka Puka Tribe Immune|
|2||Puka Puka Tribe Immune|
|3||Cecilia|| Cecilia, Ozzy,|
|4||Aitutaki Tribe Immune|
|5||Aitutaki Tribe Immune|
|9||Aitutaki Tribe Immune|
|10||Aitutaki Tribe Immune|
| Jury Votes|
|Second Runner-Up, Day 39|
^1 In This Tribe Will Self-Destruct in 5, 4, 3..., the vote ended with a 2-2 tie between Becky and Sundra, forcing a fire-making tiebreaker. Becky won the tiebreaker and remained in the game.
- Becky is the founder and executive director of Becky's Fund; a national non-profit organization dedicated to the prevention and education of domestic violence.
- Becky was the youngest member of the original Puka Puka tribe.
- Becky was the first Asian-American woman to make it to the merge and the jury phase on her first attempt. Shii Ann Huang made the merge and the jury on All-Stars, but was voted out pre-merge on her first attempt in Thailand.
- Becky and Sundra Oakley hold the record for the longest time taken to complete a fire-making tiebreaker challenge at one and a half hours.
- Yul Kwon and Becky are the first and second Asian Americans to reach the Final Tribal Council respectively.
- Becky is the first castaway ever to make it to the Final Tribal Council and place 3rd.
- Becky is the first finalist to receive no jury votes.
- Becky is the very first Second Runner-Up in the show's history.
- In every Tribal Council Becky attended, whoever she voted for was eliminated.
- Whenever Becky received a vote against her at Tribal Council, Ozzy Lusth and Sundra's were 2 of them.
- Becky is the only member of Cook Islands final 7 to not reside in California at the time of filming.
|Survivor: Cook Islands Castaways|