|Season||Heroes vs Villains|
|Episode Number||6/14 (277)|
|First Broadcast||March 18, 2010|
|Previous||Knights of the Round Table|
|Next||I'm Not a Good Villain|
Banana Etiquette is the sixth episode of Survivor: Heroes vs Villains.
The challenge had two stages:
- Individual Immunity: The tribes would compete separately for individual immunity. The castaways would be attached to a rope threaded through obstacles which they would have to climb under, over, or around. The first Hero and the first Villain to win will be immune from the vote.
- Tribal Reward: Then the two winners will be competing in the final round. The final round's challenge would be the same, but with a single obstacle three levels high. The first castaway to complete the obstacle would win reward for their tribe.
|Reward/Immunity Challenge: Rope-a-Dope|
Coach, Courtney, Danielle, Jerri, Parvati, Russell, Sandra, & Tyson
Amanda,Colby, J.T., James, & Rupert
| Tribal Council 6:|
(used Hidden Immunity Idol)
Coach, Courtney, Jerri, & Tyson
(votes not counted)
Tyson (3 votes)
Danielle, Parvati, & Russell
Russell (2 votes)
Rob & Sandra
| VOTED OUT:|
Russell did not say anything when he voted.
|“||Sorry, Tyson, nothing against you, you're just too much of a threat.||”|
|“||I love you like a pirate loves buried treasure, good luck.||”|
|“||Russell, although I know you're not going home, this is to scare you. Um, you need to get in the ocean and wash your ass and, um, just like I'm annoying to you, you are annoying to me, I can't stand you, and I can't wait for you to go home next week, I'll be waiting for you, adios.||”|
|“||It was a tough decision between you and Russell, but I'm not making a mistake by sending you home too early.||”|
|“||Welcome to the big leagues. You might have one more inning if you're lucky.||”|
|“||There is no perceived alliance, there is an actual alliance that you admitted today to me that you could help me be a part of on the other side; if you had come to me earlier on, I would have considered it, but in the state of desperation on the day before about making this vote, didn't really fly with me.||”|
|“||You're just so damn charming, and that's what makes you dangerous. That, and your friends on the other side. Night night.||”|
|“||Oh man, I have nobody to blame but myself. I was the victim of my own stupidity. Russell probably gained a little bit of respect and a little bit of power by his risky move today. Giving the idol to Parvati was kind of a shocker and it ended up being my demise. I wish I would've stuck to the split vote. I would've come out victorious and Russell would've gone home. Watcha gonna do?... I'm still pretty awesome.||”|
| Tribal Council 7:|
James (5 votes)
Amanda, Candice, Colby, J.T., & Rupert
Colby (1 vote)
| VOTED OUT:|
James did not say anything when he voted.
|“||Man, I said we'd be in the final four. Sorry, at least I could tell you what was going on.||”|
|“||Babe, I really didn't wanna do this, but I love you so much and I'm sorry.||”|
|“||James, this is the right vote tonight. I hope your knee gets better. Good luck.||”|
|“||Obviously, if it wasn't for the knee, I'd be going home tonight, so real tough break for you, man. Best of luck.||”|
|“||The knee is just too big a problem, buddy. Sorry you gotta go.||”|
Still in the RunningEdit
| || |
| || |
| || || |
| || |
- This was the second 3-2-0 vote of the season. In both cases, a returning player from Survivor: Tocantins changed their vote at the last second to change the result of the vote.
- In an ironic twist of fate, Tyson was voted out as a result of his own switched vote.
- This was the first time there was an attempt to cause a three-way tied vote involving Russell Hantz. The second time was in Keep Hope Alive, two seasons later, where it was successful.
- This challenge is the same challenge used in Eating and Sleeping with the Enemy and The Biggest Fraud in the Game.
- Tyson switching his vote and being voted out because of it was nominated as one of the five dumbest moves of Survivor in a poll Jeff Probst took during this season.
- With Candice winning individual immunity, this marks the only time this season where a Hero wins individual immunity.
- Tyson's failure to win this challenge and to make it to the merge (as a result of being voted out) makes Heroes vs. Villains the only season where Tyson competes in but doesn't win individual immunity at some point.
- This is the last time in his career that Rupert writes a man's name down at tribal council. In all subsequent visits to tribal council he written down a woman's name.
Watch the EpisodeEdit