|Australian Survivor (2016)|
|Filming Location:||Upolu, Samoa|
|Filming Dates:||May 2016 – June 2016|
|Season Run:||August 21, 2016 - ? 2016|
|No. of Days:||55|
|No. of Survivors:||24|
|Previous:||Celebrity Survivor Australia|
Australian Survivor (2016) is the third season of competitive reality TV show Australian Survivor.
This season, announced by Ten in November 2015, will be the third Australian edition of the program, the second to feature non-celebrity contestants and the first to air on Network Ten. This season will be hosted by Jonathan LaPaglia. The Sole Survivor will win the prize of $500,000 AUD.
This new season gives Australian Survivor the rare distinction of being one of the few Australian programs to have aired across all three commercial networks in Australia. The season was filmed in Samoa, the same location as four seasons of the American edition: Survivor: Samoa, Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, Survivor: South Pacific and Survivor: One World. The filming location was later officially confirmed on May 9, 2016, first by LaPaglia in a radio interview on the Hamish & Andy show.
In total, 250 Australians and at least 180 Samoan locals are working on the program, including Trent Pattison, who has previously worked on the American version of Survivor as well as Ten's I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!.
- 55 Day Game: This season is filmed for 55 days, the longest in the Australian franchise.
- Three Tribes: The 24 castaways are divided into three tribes of eight.
- Hidden Immunity Idol: Hidden Immunity Idols will be available, which will abide to rules similar to the American version.
- Double Tribal Council: The two losing tribes at the Day 12 Immunity Challenge will both attend Tribal Council.
- Tribe Switch: At the Double Tribal Council, each tribe was told to vote without knowing that the person with the most votes would be sent to the other tribe attending the session. The person sent over also gets to pick one member of his original tribe to join him on his new tribe.
- Tribe Dissolve: On Day 19, the tribes met for a Reward Challenge. Saanapu won, and were given the right to choose members of the other two tribes to join the new Saanapu tribe. The nine who were not picked formed the new Vavau tribe, and Aganoa was disbanded.
- Kidnap: After winning the Day 29 Immunity Challenge, Saanapu was given the right to send one of their tribe members to observe Vavau's Tribal Council. They sent Brooke, and she was given the right of picking one of Vavau to join Saanapu, and the Tribal Council ended with no elimination.
59, Sunshine Coast, QLD
|Aganoa|| 1st Voted Out|
36, Melbourne, VIC
|Saanapu|| 2nd Voted Out|
30, Melbourne, VIC
|Aganoa|| 3rd Voted Out|
63, Canberra, ACT
|Barry Lea |
43, Cairns, QLD
|Vavau||Vavau|| 4th Voted Out|
33, Sydney, NSW
|Vavau||Saanapu|| 5th Voted Out|
27, Melbourne, VIC
|Aganoa||Aganoa||Vavau|| 6th Voted Out|
26, Perth, WA
|Aganoa||Aganoa||Vavau|| 7th Voted Out|
|Andrew Torrens |
28, Brisbane, QLD
|Vavau||Vavau||Vavau|| 8th Voted Out|
31, Brisbane, QLD
|Vavau||Vavau||Vavau|| 9th Voted Out|
27, Sydney, NSW
|Aganoa||Aganoa||Vavau||Vavau|| 10th Voted Out|
23, Canberra, ACT
|Saanapu||Vavau||Vavau||Vavau||Fia Fia|| 11th Voted Out|
28, Perth, WA
|Vavau||Vavau||Vavau||Vavau|| 12th Voted Out|
27, Adelaide, SA
|Vavau||Saanapu||Saanapu||Saanapu|| 13th Voted Out|
1st Jury Member
23, Melbourne, VIC
33, Brisbane, QLD
23, Gold Coast, QLD
27, Gold Coast, QLD
24, Sydney, NSW
37, Melbourne, VIC
40, Brisbane, QLD
28, Adelaide, SA
27, Sydney, NSW
59, Perth, WA
|1||August 21, 2016||Saanapu||Saanapu1||Des||7-1|| 1st Voted Out|
|2||August 22, 2016||Vavau1||Bianca||5-2-1|| 2nd Voted Out|
|3||August 28, 2016||Vavau||Vavau||Evan||5-2|| 3rd Voted Out|
|4||August 29, 2016||None||Saanapu||Peter||None2|| Quit|
|5||August 30, 2016||Saanapu||Aganoa3||No elimination4||Mock vote||N/A|
|6||September 4, 2016||None||Saanapu||Barry||7-1|| 4th Voted Out|
|7||September 5, 2016||Saanapu||Vavau||Tegan|| 2-2-0|
| 5th Voted Out|
|8||September 6, 2016||Saanapu||N/A|
|9||September 11, 2016||Saanapu||Saanapu||Rohan||2-1-1-0|| 6th Voted Out|
|10||September 12, 2016||None||Saanapu||Kat||6-2|| 7th Voted Out|
|11||September 13, 2016||Saanapu||Saanapu||Andrew||4-3|| 8th Voted Out|
|12||September 18, 2016||None||Saanapu||Craig||2-0|| 9th Voted Out|
|13||September 19, 2016||Saanapu||Saanapu||No elimination5||No vote||N/A|
|14||September 20, 2016||Saanapu1||Phoebe||3-1|| 10th Voted Out|
|15||September 25, 2016|| Survivor|
|Brooke||Conner||6-4-1-1-1|| 11th Voted Out|
|16||September 26, 2016||None||El||Kate||6-2-0|| 12th Voted Out|
|17||September 27, 2016|| |
Lee, Nick, Sam
|Kylie||Nick||8-3|| 13th Voted Out|
1st Jury Member
^1 Combined Reward and Immunity Challenge.
|Australian Survivor (2016) Voting History|
|Original Tribes|| Post-Mock Vote/|
|Post-Second Switch|| Post-|
|Vote:||7-1||5-2-1||5-2||No vote1||Mock vote2||7-1||2-2-03||4-0||2-1-1-03||6-2||4-3||2-03||No vote4||3-1||6-4-1-1-1||6-2-03||8-3|
|►►►►||Sue||—||—||—||—||—||Barry||—|| ||Kat||Kristie|| ||—||—||Matt|| ||Nick|
|►►►►||Kate||—||—||—||—||—||Barry||—|| ||Kat||Andrew|| ||—||Phoebe||Kylie|| |
|►►►►||Conner||—||Bianca||—||—||—||Barry||—|| ||Kat||Kristie|| ||—||Phoebe||Nick|
|►►||Craig||—||—||—||—||—||Barry||—|| ||Kat||Andrew|| |
- This season uses the Survivor: South Pacific rendition of "Ancient Voices."
- The font for this season is MondoBeyondo BB.
- Australian Survivor (2016) has a lot of Australian Survivor firsts.
- This is the first Australian Survivor season to have three starting tribes.
- This is the first Australian Survivor season to have Hidden Immunity Idols.
- This is the first Australian Survivor season not to have a contestant named David.
- This is the first Australian Survivor season to have a male be the first person voted off.
- ↑ http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/ten-name-jonathan-lapaglia-as-host-of-australian-survivor/news-story/abe3a4f1ebf121e2dacbb58f5e956224
- ↑ http://www.mcn.com.au/news/australian-survivor-exclusive-qa-with-executive-producer-stephen-tate
- ↑ http://www.2dayfm.com.au/scoopla/tv/blog/2016/5/jonathan-lapaglia-reveals-the-location-for-aus-survivor-on-hamish--andy/
- ↑ http://www.1001fonts.com/mondobeyondo-bb-font.html