|Birth Date||February 8, 1985|
Miss USA Pagent winner
|Alliance(s)||Stealth R Us|
Ashley Underwood is a contestant from Survivor: Redemption Island.
Name (Age): Ashley Underwood (25)
Tribe: Ometepe, Murlonio
Current Residence: Benton, Maine
Personal Claim to Fame: Spending time abroad in Switzerland, playing basketball professionally and competing in the Miss USA competition.
Inspiration in Life: My Momma. She raised four kids while managing two businesses and has always been the perfect example of the most devoted wife and doting mother.
Hobbies: Basketball/sports, four-wheeling and helping out on the family farm.
Pet Peeves: I have a million pet peeves. A few of them are "know-it-alls," lazy and unmotivated people, slow drivers or movers in general, people that "chomp" when they chew their food, smokers' breath or just smoking period. The list goes on and on!
3 Words to Describe You: Feisty, competitive and athletic.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I'm not like anyone but myself.
Reason for being on SURVIVOR: The million dollars and the chance to prove that I can do this.
Why you think you'll "survive" SURVIVOR: I'm strong, competitive, and athletic and I have the ability to think under pressure.
Reason why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I'm mentally and physically strong enough to do this. I will do whatever it takes to get ahead. I'm a leader, but also able to work well with others if it proves to be to my own advantage. I'm not afraid to be a game changer. Bring it on!
Survivor: Redemption IslandEdit
Ashley was a member of the Ometepe tribe. Within the first 3 days, she found herself as a member of the successful Stealth R Us alliance consisting of herself, Natalie Tenerelli, Matt Elrod, Grant Mattos, Andrea Boehlke, and returning player Rob Mariano (Phillip Sheppard would join later on in the game). The alliance dominated the pre-merge stage of the game, voting off Francesca Hogi and Kristina Kell, with their only loss being Matt, due to his growing relationship with Andrea and his act of shaking hands with the Zapatera members after their victory at the second Immunity Challenge. Ashley also had a very strained relationship with Phillip Sheppard, who she found annoying, but despite this, the two still worked together in the game. Over time, her relationship with Natalie began to grow, much to the concern of her ally Rob. Ashley also proved to be a challenge threat, as she managed to throw Rob's plans to get rid of her into a tailspin after she won two consecutive Individual Immunity Challenges at the Final 5 stage of the game. However, Ashley lost the Final and most important Immunity Challenge in the game. Expecting Phillip to get the boot at the Final 4, Ashley was blindsided and betrayed by her closest allies, Rob and Natalie, in a 3-1 vote. At the Final Tribal Council, all of the finalists were lambasted by a very bitter Ashley. In the end, she voted Rob to win the title of Sole Survivor and Survivor: Redemption Island.
|Ashley's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Ometepe Tribe Immune|
|5||Ometepe Tribe Immune|
|6||Ometepe Tribe Immune|
|7||Ometepe Tribe Immune|
|Voted Off, Day 38|
| Voted for|
- Ashley is married to UMAINE basketball star Chris Markwood.
- On December 27, 2014, Ashley announced she is pregnant of their first child.
- Ashley originally auditioned for The Amazing Race.
- Ashley was the only voted out contestant on her season to not be sent to Redemption Island.
- Ashley only received votes at the Tribal Council where she was voted out.
- Ashley was the only female to win more than 1 individual Immunity Challenge in Survivor: Redemption Island.
- As a member of Stealth R Us, Ashley was nicknamed "Shocker" by Phillip Sheppard.
- Ashley is the second female castaway to win immunity and get voted out in the same episode, following Jolanda Jones and preceding tribemate Andrea Boehlke.
- Ashley lost 20 lbs (9 kg) during Redemption Island.
- Ashley accepted the offer to compete on Survivor: Blood vs. Water but was cut when she was unable to find a partner.
|Survivor: Redemption Island Castaways|