|Born:||September 26, 1981|
|Hometown:||Santa Monica, California|
|Occupation:|| Yoga Instructor;|
|Tribe(s):|| Viveros |
|Blood vs. Water|
|Tribe(s):|| Galang |
Regarded by many as one of the most likable and personable players of all time, he is best known for his rivalry with Terry Deitz, his strong social gameplay, and his leadership over the post-swap Casaya tribe despite being its youngest member. His efforts earned him the title of Sole Survivor.
His time in Blood vs. Water was much more tumultuous. After putting blind faith in eventual traitors Tyson Apostol and Gervase Peterson, his alliance fell through as he became his rival's first victim.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Aras Baskauskas completed his undergraduate program in three years and earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy from the University of California, Irvine. In 2003, he was named one of UC Irvine's "Most Eligible Bachelors" in the student newspaper.
Baskauskas continued his education at UC Irvine and graduated from the Graduate School of Management, where he received his Masters in Business Administration. He is proudest of being the only student to have played NCAA Men's Division One basketball on scholarship while in the MBA program.
Baskauskas is a former professional basketball player, having played briefly overseas in Lithuania. After leaving the court, Aras moved to Capetown, South Africa, where he opened up a donation-based yoga studio. He currently works as a yoga instructor in Santa Monica, California. His hobbies include meditation, golf and surfing. He describes himself as outgoing, compassionate and genuine.Baskauskas is currently single and living in Santa Monica, California. His birth date is September 26, 1981.
Name (Age): Aras Baskauskas (31)
Originally part of the younger male Viveros tribe, Aras and the rest of the tribe struggled early on, as the group of younger men were unable to set up camp, nor make fire. Their goofing off and foolishness almost carried over at the first Immunity Challenge, narrowly beating the older women Casaya tribe, finishing third place and avoiding Tribal Council.
In Day 4, Aras became a member of the new Casaya tribe and formed an early alliance with Shane Powers, Courtney Marit, and Danielle DiLorenzo. But the alliance was threatened with implosion when Shane wanted to quit the game, having smoked three packets of cigarettes a day prior to Survivor. But Aras convinced him not to quit, and the alliance regrouped and voted out Melinda Hyder, one of the two older women of the tribe. The dysfunctional Casaya tribe would then win two consecutive Immunity Challenges.
Aras led the charge to vote out Bruce Kanegai due to their clashing points of view, but Courtney, Danielle, and Cirie Fields felt that Bobby Mason was much more of a threat than Bruce, and they voted Bobby out. When the tribes merged in in Day 15, the ex-Casaya tribe members, Aras, Shane, Bruce, Cirie, Courtney and Danielle had the power in numbers against the four ex-La Mina tribe members. Due to Terry Deitz, the largest target, winning immunity, the alliance voted out Nick Stanbury, Austin Carty, and Sally Schumann in three straight Tribal Councils.
In Day 25, Bruce was evacuated out of the game due to constipation, causing him immense pain. When Terry continued to win individual immunity, the alliance was forced to turn on themselves at the final six. Shane, together with Cirie and Aras, targeted Danielle, but Courtney, together with Terry, Danielle, and Cirie wanted to vote out Aras. Not happy with any of these options, Cirie brewed a plan of her own, and together with Aras and Danielle, voted out Courtney, whom Cirie believed was aligned with Shane.
Terry continued his immunity winning streak and once again the alliance was forced to take out one of their own. Shane, believing he was safe, targeted Danielle. But once again, Cirie had her own plans, and together with Aras and Danielle, they voted out Shane, who had aligned with Terry. At the final four, the long-standing rivalry between Terry and Aras was once again raised when Aras won a reward, much to Terry's dismay. When given the choice of picking someone to go on the reward with him to cross the Panama Canal, he decided to pick Cirie, which in turn sent both Terry and Danielle to Exile Island. When sent to Exile Island, Terry and Danielle formed an alliance against Aras and Cirie with plans of ousting Aras.
But Aras managed to win immunity, making him safe. Terry, due to the widely-known fact that he possessed the Hidden Immunity Idol, was also safe. This created a 2-2 tie between Danielle and Cirie, who competed in a fire-building challenge to determine their fate. Shown over two episodes, Danielle won the challenge, and Aras' ally Cirie was eliminated. With Terry's idol now useless, it was now fair game between the final three, Aras, Danielle, and Terry.
The final immunity was the first to be predecessed by a "prepare for the Immunity Challenge" reward for the Reward Challenge winner. The Immunity Challenge was not one that the winner of the Reward Challenge would profit from. At the Final Immunity Challenge, Danielle out-balanced the two guys to win immunity, giving her the power to choose her opponent in the final two. Danielle eventually chose to eliminate Terry, making him the final member of the jury and propelling Aras into the final two. The challenge ended the perceived battle between both Terry and Aras.
On Day 39, while he and Danielle had glasses of champagne, Aras slipped on a wet rock and fell, sending shards of glass into his hand and back. His wounds required seven stitches by the medical crew.
In the end, despite the injury, Aras beat out Danielle DiLorenzo to become the Sole Survivor in a 5-2 vote, gaining the votes of Austin, Sally, Courtney, Cirie, and Terry.
|Aras' Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Viveros Tribe Immune|
|3||Casaya Tribe Immune|
|4||Casaya Tribe Immune|
|6||Casaya Tribe Immune|
|9||Austin|| Austin, Sally,|
|11||No Tribal Council|
| Jury Votes|
| Austin, Cirie, Courtney,|
|Sole Survivor, Day 39|
Survivor: Blood vs. Water
|Statistics of Aras Baskauskas|
|Total number of days||64|
|Total votes received||16|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||4|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Aras' Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|Galang Tribe Immune|
|2||Galang Tribe Immune|
|3||Galang Tribe Immune|
|4||Galang Tribe Immune|
|6||Tadhana Tribe Immune|
|7||Tadhana Tribe Immune|
|8||Laura M.|| Caleb, Ciera, Gervase, Hayden,|
Laura M., Monica, Tyson
|Voted Off, Day 21|
|9||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 25|
| Voted for|
- In Summer of 2009, Aras, along with the other first eighteen Survivor winners, appeared on a TVGuide special "Survivor Millionaires: Where Are They Now?"
- On January 9, 2010, Aras attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- In 2011, Aras founded Tundra Gear, a winter hat company. The same year, Aras released his debut album, "The Tree and the River", under the stage name of "Odd Us" (the actual pronunciation of his name).
- In 2013, he became a part of the band "My Swedish Friend", as a parallel project.
- He was a guest on the second episode of the Survivor After Show in 2013.
- On November 10, 2013, Aras became engaged with his girlfriend, model Christy Petersen. Their first child, River Juozas Baskauskas, was born on May 29, 2014. Aras and Christy got married on April 25, 2015.
- Aras finished fourth in the Rob Has a Podcast's Mr. Survivor 2014 first round of voting. However, Aras finished fourth in the final round of voting, but due to Rob not being able to schedule a interview with finalist Hayden Moss, Aras took his spot in the final three and eventually lost out against Malcolm Freberg, but beat Tyson Apostol.
- Aras is half-Lithuanian. His last name is pronounced: "Bush-kows-kass".
- Aras and Vytas's maternal grandfather was late actor Macdonald Carey.
- Aras was the youngest contestant of Panama, being a few months younger than Danielle DiLorenzo.
- Aras's injury on Day 39 marks the first time someone has been injured on the final day of the competition.
- Aras is the first winner with a dual citizenship: Lithuanian and American.
- According to her profile for Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, Cirie Fields listed Aras as the past Survivor castaway that she respects the most.
- Aras lost 17 lbs. (7 kg) during his time in Blood vs. Water.
- Aras' first choice to play with him in Blood vs. Water was his girlfriend Christy, but production took more interest in Vytas.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20405/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214727/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwRtpPrY-6w
- ↑ http://www.tundragear.com TundraGear.com
- ↑ http://www.intagme.com/oddus/605930457595769299_24211403/
- ↑ http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20754335,00.html
- ↑ http://instagram.com/p/om4JCzFfDz/
- ↑ http://www.people.com/article/aras-baskauskas-marries-christy-dawn-petersen-wedding-album
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O41c6d32Tmo
- ↑ http://survivoroz.wordpress.com/2014/02/26/aras-baskauskas-blood-vs-water-interview/
|Sole Survivor Titleholder|
| Succeeded by|
|Survivor: Panama Castaways|
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|