|Birth Date||August 11, 1978|
|Hometown|| Beaver, Pennsylvania;|
Las Vegas, Nevada
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Ogakor |
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Chapera |
██ Chaboga Mogo
Although not known as an influential personality in Survivor: The Australian Outback, Amber returned for Survivor: All Stars and quickly aligned with Rob Mariano where they dominated the game and finished in the Final Two, with Amber taking the title of Sole Survivor. Their relationship continued after the show and they ended up getting engaged at the live Reunion Show when Rob proposed before the votes were read. Their relationship transcended to marriage. They are still married today.
Amber Brkich is from Beaver, Pennsylvania and is a recent graduate from Westminster College, where she earned a B.A. degree in Public Relations, minoring in Speech Communications. Prior to departing for Australia, while Brkich searched for her "career job," she was an administrative assistant and lived with her parents. Her previous occupations while attending school included waitress, librarian assistant, swimming instructor, lifeguard and babysitter for her professor.
Brkich's favorite hobbies are going out with her friends, dancing and just generally having fun. She's a member of Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority, where she was Vice President and New Member Coordinator. Brkich also belongs to the Catholic Church. Her primary reasons for trying out for Survivor: The Australian Outback include lack of change, excitement, and kangaroos in her life, although the million dollars wouldn't hurt either!
Her birth date is August 11, 1978.
Survivor: The Australian OutbackEdit
Amber was a participant in the second season of Survivor, having auditioned for the season to put off getting a job after college. She was a member of the green Ogakor tribe, and she was quick to fortify a strong friendship with fellow contestant Jerri Manthey, who helped construct an alliance with Colby Donaldson, Tina Wesson, and Mitchell Olson. At Ogakor's next Tribal Council Amber's ally Mitchell was voted out.
Upon the merge, Ogakor managed to use the knowledge that one of Kucha's members, Jeff Varner, had received votes beforehand, and eliminated him, thus gaining a numeric advantage over the Kucha tribe. Later in the game however, the remaining Kucha members convinced Amber's allies that Amber had played "under-the-radar", and was a threat to win the show, so she was sent home, ultimately landing in sixth place.
As a member of the Jury, Amber cast her vote for Colby, who failed to win the million dollars. Colby ended up losing to Tina Wesson.
|Amber's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Ogakor Tribe Immune|
|5||Ogakor Tribe Immune|
|6||No Tribal Council|
|12||Rodger|| Elisabeth, Keith,|
|Voted Off, Day 33|
| Voted for|
^1 In The Killing Fields, the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Keith and Mitchell, forcing a revote. Amber did not change her vote at the revote.
^2 In The Merge, the vote ended with a 5-5 tie between Jeff and Colby, forcing a revote. Amber did not change her vote at the revote.
|Statistics of Amber Brkich|
|Total number of days||72|
|Total votes received||12|
|Days spent at Redemption Island||N/A|
In the season's premiere episode, Rob and Amber agreed to form an alliance, with Rob citing his reasoning as:
|“||She's beautiful; any idiot can see that.||”|
As part of the most dominant tribe in Survivor: All-Stars, Amber enjoyed a healthy winning streak, until Day 12, where they suffered their first loss in an Immunity Challenge. Boston Rob and Amber's relationship was a matter of discussion at the Tribal Council, but Amber claimed to have come to play Survivor, not a dating game. Ultimately, the tribe decided to remove Rob Cesternino, who was perceived as the biggest strategic threat.
The following day, in a twist that "dissolved" the yellow Saboga tribe, two of its four remaining members, Jenna Lewis and Rupert Boneham, joined Chapera. Rob and Amber quickly fortified a long-term alliance with the tribe's two new members, one of the pair's many "agreements." The Chapera tribe then enjoyed a lengthy winning streak, winning immunity the next three times. The group did lose one member, however, when Sue Hawk opted to leave the game due to an indecent encounter with Richard Hatch.
In the season's ninth episode, a tribal shuffle managed to merely make each contestant switch buffs, with the exception of Amber, who remained on the Chapera tribe with Lex van den Berghe, Shii Ann Huang, Jerri Manthey, and Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien. The tribe went on to lose the next challenge and, in one of the season's more famous moments, Rob said to Lex, "You take care of her, I'll take care of you." In perhaps an ironic twist of fate, it came down to Amber and her former Outback ally Jerri at that night's Tribal Council. Jerri was eliminated, but Lex stayed true to his deal with Rob, and Amber was spared.
In the following episode, the merge occurred, and Lex was chosen to be eliminated, despite Rob's promise to "take care of him." In the episodes following, Rob and Amber managed to maintain several "alliances," including their agreement with Rupert and Jenna, an agreement with Tom Buchanan, and an agreement with Alicia Calaway. With all these castaways believing themselves to be safe, Rob and Amber proceeded through the game, eventually finding themselves in the final four with Jenna and Rupert.
In the final four, Amber won her first individual Immunity Challenge, and she and Rob convinced Jenna to vote out her ally Rupert instead of forcing a tie. In the final three, Rob won immunity and chose Amber to continue with him to the final two. Facing the Jury, Rob and Amber met much criticism for their gameplay.
In the season finale several months later, Rob and Amber revealed they were still dating, Amber even wearing a yellow "I Love Rob" shirt (and was booed by the audience in the process). Just before the votes were read, Rob surprisingly proposed to Amber and she accepted. It was revealed that, in a 4-3 decision, Amber was the Sole Survivor.
|Amber's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Chapera Tribe Immune|
|2||Chapera Tribe Immune|
|3||No Tribal Council|
|5||Chapera Tribe Immune|
|6||No Tribal Council|
|7||Chapera Tribe Immune|
|8||Chapera Tribe Immune|
|12||Kathy||Kathy, Shii Ann|
|14||Shii Ann||Shii Ann|
| Jury Votes|
| Alicia, Lex,|
Shii Ann, Tom
|Sole Survivor, Day 39|
As an engaged couple in 2005, Brkich and Mariano participated in the seventh season of The Amazing Race and came in second place. At one point in southern Africa, Mariano and Brkich saw their own photo on a magazine cover. They were also recognized in countries all over the world and assisted by locals who recognized them.
Although Rob & Amber lost the final leg of the race, they placed 1st in the 2nd, 4th, 7th and 10th legs. In 2007, Rob and Amber competed on the All-Stars season of The Amazing Race as newlyweds. After achieving first place for the first three legs, they came in last and were eliminated in the season's fourth episode.
Rob and Amber filmed a 10-episode show for the Fox Reality Channel, Rob and Amber: Against the Odds in 2006, which aired in 2007. Set in Las Vegas, the show follows Rob's attempt to become a professional poker player and features professional player Daniel Negreanu tutoring Rob.
Mariano lived in her hometown, Beaver, Pennsylvania (a suburb 40 miles northwest of Pittsburgh), until her marriage to Rob. After the couple moved to Pensacola, Florida
In 2006, they also took up residence in Las Vegas, Nevada to support Rob's poker career. In July 2009, Amber gave birth to daughter they named Lucia Rose Mariano. In December 10, 2010, Rob and Amber welcomed their second child, which they named Carina Rose Mariano, which was revealed during the Survivor: Nicaragua reunion show, where Rob was a special guest. Their third daughter, Isabetta Rose, was born in May 2012.
- Amber is the first of two contestants to obtain a car without winning the car challenge (the second being Dre "Dreamz" Herd).
- In addition, Amber is the only Survivor contestant to win or receive a car during the game and win the $1,000,000 prize (other contestants who won a car either didn't win the game or received it as one of the prizes awarded to the Sole Survivor).
- On Survivor: All-Stars, Amber was the replacement for Elisabeth Hasselbeck (Filarski), who declined the offer to return due to her co-hosting offer on The View.
- During her husband's fourth season - Survivor: Redemption Island, Amber was referenced by him numerous times. The most noteworthy mention was when Rob compared Matt Elrod and Andrea Boehlke's relationship to his with Amber. Also, the namesake for that season's merged tribe was the name of one of Amber's stuffed animals.
- On Survivor: All-Stars Amber was the only original Chapera member to not go over to Mogo Mogo after the Tribe Shuffle, making her the only person on that season to make the merge without being part of the Mogo Mogo tribe.
- Amber was also the only contestant on All-Stars to reach the merge and only be part of one tribe.
- Amber is the first castaway to win the title of Sole Survivor as a returnee. This feat was followed by Parvati Shallow in Survivor: Micronesia, Sandra Diaz-Twine in Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, Rob Mariano (her husband) in Survivor: Redemption Island, and John Cochran in Survivor: Caramoan.
- Amber is one of three Jury members to return for a second attempt and win the game (the other two are Parvati and Cochran).
- Amber was the youngest contestant on Survivor: The Australian Outback.
- Amber is one of ten castaways, along with her husband Rob Mariano, John Palyok, Hayden Moss, Ethan Zohn, Richard Hatch, Jenna Morasca, Whitney Duncan, Twila Tanner and Johnny Fairplay, to compete on another reality show besides Survivor.
- She competed on The Amazing Race along with her husband Rob.
- Amber earned the title of "Hottest Survivor Woman" in America's Tribal Council.
- Amber is the first contestant to buy a "mystery item" at the Survivor Auction that was revealed to be a "Trap Item" (in her case, a pitcher of river water).
- Amber is the first contestant from Pennsylvania.
- On Survivor: Australia, Amber was the only Ogakor member to not win an individual challenge.
- Amber is the first winner of a three-tribe-format season.
- Denise Stapley would later be the second.
- Amber is the first Survivor contestant to marry another contestant she met on the show.
- Every person Amber voted for on All Stars was voted out at that Tribal Council.
- Amber is the first contestant to vote with a majority twice to eliminate a contestant on two different seasons. She voted off Alicia Calaway in both The Australian Outback and All-Stars.
- Amber declined the opportunity to return with Rob for Survivor: Blood vs Water, stating that their Survivor experience was complete.
|Sole Survivor Titleholder|
| Succeeded by|
|Survivor: The Australian Outback Castaways|
|Survivor: All-Stars Castaways|