|Birth Date||October 21, 1979|
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California|
|Tribe(s)|| ██ Tandang|
Abi-Maria Gomes is a contestant from Survivor: Philippines.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Personal Claim to Fame: Traveling the globe on my own and becoming an American citizen. I now have dual citizenship in the United States and Brazil.
Inspiration in Life: Steve Jobbs’ words, "Stay Hungry. Stay foolish."
Hobbies: Languages, hiking, dancing, surfing and skiing.
Pet Peeves: Complainers
3 Words to Describe You: Driven and creative and charming.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why?
1) I would bring a book to distract me.
2) I would bring a pen for writing.
3) And, I would bring a notebook to write on.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Probably Parvati because she is charming like me.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The $1,000,000!
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I bring social skills and team work.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I will bring my “A” game! I am strategic, I am athletic and I have an ability to persuade situations to my favor.
Abi-Maria was one of the 6 original Tandang members. She formed a tight alliance with RC and soon used her flirtatious and charming attitude to recruit Pete while RC recruited Skupin and formed a majority alliance.
RC's trust in Abi was so strong that she shared her clue to the hidden immuniy idol with her, but Abi soon lost trust in RC as RC grew close to Skupin. This made Abi betray RC and form a closer bond with Pete who recruited Lisa andArtis into becoming the new majority alliance. Abi shared the clue with Pete who helped her find the idol.
Abi lost complete trust in RC when she found the clue to the idol in RC's backpack (planted by Pete) which destroyed any chances of RC becoming allies with Abi ever again.
When Matsing was dissolved, Malcolm joined Tandang at a random switch while his fellow Matsing tribemate, Denise, was moved to Kalabaw. This shift made it easier for the Tandang 4 (now Tandang 5) to eliminate Skupin, since Malcolm could easily replace him.
Abi and the rest of the original Tandang 7 remained safe from tribal council until they merged with Kalabaw. Abi joined the others in spliting their votes between Penner and RC but since Penner played his hidden immunity idol; her rival RC went home.
Abi was soon classified as one of the three "bullies" of the tribe along with fellow Tandang tribemates Artis and Pete. But despite this negative connotation; they still managed to vote out Jeff Kent when Lisa and Skupin decided to stay Tandang strong and after Penner voted for Abi by mistake, making Jeff the next member of the jury. It was in this tribal council where she revealed that she had a hidden immunity idol.
Due to Abi's negativity towards Lisa, the latter joined forces with Skupin and decided to jump ships and blindside Artis in order to dwindle Pete and Abi's power's.
Pete and Abi soon become the odd men out which made it top priority for Pete to win immunity since Abi had the idol but Pete failed to win. After a failed pursuation with Skupin, Pete soon became the next member of the jury.
During the auction, Abi spent all her cash on an advatage in the game. It was revealed that this advantage would allow her to skip the first 2 parts of the challenge and have a 1 in 3 chance at winning immunity. She then devised a plan to make a fake hidden immunity idol and pretend that the "advantage" she bought had 2 parts, one was for the immunity challenge and the other being the clue to the idol.
Everyone was in shock when she won her first and only immunity challenge, making her safe for tribal council and sending Jonathan Penner home.
With the fake idol still in her pocket, she felt that she was safe thinking that she fooled the whole tribe into thinking that she really had an idol. The rest of the tribe had doubts in Abi's idol but played safe by voting out Carter since he is a threat in challenges, this move would also "force" the "idol" out of Abi.
With only 5 people left, Abi tried to convince Lisa that Malcolm, Skupin and Denise were definitely gonna take each other to the final 3 and that they needed to vote Malcolm and/or Denise out in order to have a chance at winning since they would be the likely win. She tried to imposition herself as the swing vote by appealing to Skupin and Lisa and told them that they would not stand a chance against Malcolm and Denise in the final 3, even going to the extent of calling Skupin an idiot once and a moron twice. But Lisa and Skupin decided before tribal council that Malcolm was the real threat and that they needed Denise in the final 4 in order to ensure that Malcolm didn't win immunity so they rejected Abi's offer to vote out Denise and instead voted for Abi via unanimous decision.
|Abi's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Tandang Tribe Immune|
|2||Tandang Tribe Immune|
|3||Tandang Tribe Immune|
|4||Tandang Tribe Immune|
|5||No Tribal Council|
|Tandang Tribe Immune|
|6||Tandang Tribe Immune|
|13||Denise|| Denise, Lisa,|
|Voted Off, Day 36|
| Voted For|
- On the 4th episode of the Survivor Live After Show for Survivor Caramoan (hosted by Parvati Shallow), Abi-Maria has revealed she tore her ACL during the first challenge of Survivor: Philippines, and had to undergo surgery as a result.
- Abi-Maria won the "Best Villain" on a reality show award.
- Abi revealed on twitter that she is dating Pete Yurkowski.
- Abi is close friends with Corinne Kaplan.
- Abi-Maria's father is the Brazilian visual artist Gomes de Souza.
- In an interview with Dalton Ross, Abi-Maria revealed that she was originally recruited for Survivor: Tocantins, but was cut because she could have gained an advantage due to her being Brazilian native. She actually resided close to the filming location, when she was living in Brazil. She was replaced by Carolina Eastwood took her spot.
- Abi-Maria holds the record for most tribal Immunity Challenges sat out from, she only participated in two of the eight tribal Immunity Challenges.
- The only Immunity challenges in which Abi-Maria did not sit out were ones that required all tribe members to compete.
- Although she did not volunteer to sit out of the Reward Challenge in Down and Dirty, she did not participate in it because of the Kalabaw-Tandang deal in the first round.
- She also sat out of the Reward Challenge during Little Miss Perfect, when she wasn't chosen to be on a team.
- She sat out of the first two parts of the Immunity Challenge in Hell Hath Frozen Over, this, however, was an advantage she bought at the Survivor Auction.
- On Day 27, Abi-Maria walked halfway out of Tribal Council before she realized that she forgot her torch.
- Abi-Maria's mother is the only loved-one who didn't speak English, so Abi had to translate for her mother and Jeff.
- On Malcolm Freberg's profile for Survivor: Caramoan, he stated that his profile that his personal claim to fame was,"having spent over a month with Abi-Maria, and is still be considered legally sane by the state of California."
- Abi-Maria is the second known dual citizen to compete on Survivor, following Survivor: China winner, Todd Herzog.
|Survivor: Philippines Castaways|