|"A Snake in the Grass"|
|The tribes competing for immunity.|
|Episode Number:||5/14 (432)|
|Original Release:||October 21, 2015|
|Viewership (in millions):||9.10|
|Previous:||"What's the Beef?"|
|Next:||"Bunking with the Devil"|
A Snake in the Grass is the fifth episode of Survivor: Cambodia.
Challenge: In the Barrel
Three members of each tribe will be tied together. The fourth will be inside a barrel. They will roll the barrel to a series of flagpoles. At each flagpole, the person in the barrel must unspool a rope to collect a bag of balls and get back in the barrel. Once each tribe has collected all three bags of balls they will then race to roll those balls and attempt to land them in a series of targets. The first two tribes to land balls in all 6 targets will win reward.
Reward: Rope and tarp (also comfort items with refreshments waiting at camp for first place).
Winners (in order of finish): Ta Keo and Angkor
|Reward Challenge: In the Barrel|
|1st||Ta Keo|| |
Ciera, Joe, & Keith
Kass & Terry
Abi-Maria, Andrew, & Tasha
Jeremy, Kimmi, & Spencer
Kelly & Stephen
Challenge: Air Raid
Each tribe will race up a tower and through a series of obstacles to the top. When they get to the top, they will launch sandbags with a slingshot attempting to hit a series of targets. The first two tribes to hit all their targets win immunity.
Winners (in order of finish): Angkor and Ta Keo
|Immunity Challenge: Air Raid|
Abi-Maria, Andrew, Tasha, & Woo
|2nd||Ta Keo|| |
Joe, Kass, Keith, & Terry
Ciera & Kelley
Kelly, Kimmi, Spencer, & Stephen
Jeremy & Monica
| Tribal Council 5:|
Monica (3 votes)
Jeremy, Kimmi, & Stephen
Kelly (2 votes)
Monica & Spencer
Spencer (1 vote)
| VOTED OFF:|
|“||(voting for Kelly) I really hate putting your name down, because I think you'd do amazing if we'd let you go any further.||”|
|“||(voting for Spencer) Sorry, Spence, you're a good guy but I gotta go with the numbers on this one.||”|
|“||(voting for Kelly) You invented the phrase, "I didn't come here to make friends," and yet, you got more than I do on the other side. I hope I did my job of convincing this tribe that that is the case.||”|
|“||I'm a little shocked, but I'm okay. I really wanted to stay in this game a lot longer. I didn't expect myself going out this early. You never know what to expect. I guess you can say I was officially blindsided. I feel like my second chance was a bit of a disappointment. I don't know what I could've possibly done differently. It's tough, but you know what? It's a game and you just pick yourself up after you get voted out.||”|
Still in the Running
- At the Reward Challenge, both of Bayon and Ta Keo's sit-outs finished in the same position during their first attempt at Survivor. Both of Bayon's sit-outs finished as the runner-up on their original seasons, while both of Ta Keo's sit-outs finished in 3rd place (voted out Day 38) on their original seasons.
- This is the first episode this season in which neither Abi-Maria Gomes nor Woo Hwang attended Tribal Council.
- As of this episode, all remaining castaways have won tribal immunity.
- This is the first episode of the season in which no castaway ended up receiving four votes at Tribal Council.
- This is the first episode of any season in which Kelly Wiglesworth has received votes at Tribal Council.
- This is the first time that Kimmi Kappenberg attended a Tribal Council that didn't end in a unanimous vote.
- Kelly and Spencer voted for each other, but neither were voted out.
- For the second time in Survivor history, all minority voters received at least one vote but no majority voters received at least one vote. This had previously occurred in "Don't Say Anything About My Mom".
- The episode title was said by Kimmi Kappenberg in reference to Monica Padilla playing an individual game before the merge.
|Survivor: Cambodia Episodes|
"Second Chance" · "Survivor MacGyver" · "We Got a Rat" · "What's the Beef?" · "A Snake in the Grass" · "Bunking with the Devil" · "Play to Win" · "You Call, We'll Haul" · "Witches Coven" · "Like Selling Your Soul to the Devil" · "My Wheels Are Spinning" · "Tiny Little Shanks to the Heart" · "Villains Have More Fun" · "Lie, Cheat and Steal"