Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"A Chapera Surprise"|
|Episode Number:||14/16 (112)|
|Original Release:||April 29, 2004|
|Viewership (in millions):||20.78|
|Previous:||"Stupid People, Stupid, Stupid People"|
A Chapera Surprise is the fourteenth episode of Survivor: All-Stars.
At the Reward Challenge, Jeff Probst presents to the final six castaways their loved ones. Jeff announces that the challenge is a food eating challenge, but it is not the castaways who will be competing, it is their loved ones. Big Tom's son Bo wins the challenge. In addition, Tom is allowed to pick one more castaway, and that castaway's loved one, to join them on reward. He chooses Boston Rob, and Rob's brother Mike. The four of them spend the night in the former Chapera camp where they get to eat, drink, and party.
In the morning, Rob and Tom come back to the Chaboga Mogo camp, bringing their loved ones with them. Tom wants to put Bo to work around camp, while Rob and Mike want to relax and chat with the girls. Rupert takes Bo out and teaches him how to spear fish, however, Bo breaks the spear. Rupert is obviously upset. Finally, Rob and Tom say one last goodbye to their loved ones, and they part.
The tribe receives Tree Mail with a clue about the Immunity Challenge. At the challenge, despite Boston Rob taking an early lead, it is Big Tom who ends up winning the challenge. Being the last former Mogo Mogo Alliance member, Shii Ann is voted out at Tribal Council.
Challenge: Survivor Smorgasbord
Simple eating challenge, using food items from places used in previous season. A person is eliminated each round. Fastest to eat the last item in the final round wins.
Reward: Overnight stay with loved one.
Winner: Tom Buchanan (shared with Rob Mariano)
Challenge: Fire And Rain
Castaways will have a very high seesaw-contraption with two small drums, one on each side (the first side has a small hole at the bottom, while their drum was hollowed in the middle). They must create a large fire in the hollowed drum, while filling the other drum with water (the logic is to keep the fire going while filling the water can to rise the fire can). The first person to ignite the fuse on top of their seesaw wins.
Winner: Tom Buchanan
| Tribal Council 11:|
Shii Ann (5 votes)
Amber, Jenna L., Rob M., Rupert, Tom
Amber (1 vote)
| VOTED OFF:|
Shii Ann Huang
|“||(voting for Shii Ann) It's time for you to go, and if you're wondering if you can eat and how much you can, because you think that I monitor that, eat a lot, Shii Ann, eat a lot.||”|
|“||(voting for Amber) Am, this vote is for you out of respect. You are the mastermind right now, so from one she-devil to another, this is the vote I'm casting tonight.||”|
|“||The Shii-Devil did her best. I really tried. I played this game as hard as I could. I played with the best of the best, but you know what? I knew I was outnumbered, and I knew they were gonna vote me off, so I just wanted to warn everyone, don't forget little Amber with her big green eyes and her beautiful smile. Don't forget - she's playing for a million dollars.||”|
Still in the Running
- This episode marks the first (and so far, only) time that the name of a tribe has been mentioned in the title of an episode.
- The Reward Challenge had a variety of indigenous food used from previous seasons: fish heads from Survivor: Borneo, cockroaches from Survivor: Pearl Islands, fafaru from Survivor: Marquesas, tarantula from Survivor: Thailand, and whichetty grubs from Survivor: The Australian Outback.
- How the Reward Challenge was conducted was an homage to the second Loved Ones Challenge in Survivor: Thailand.
- This episode marks the first time Rupert's wife Laura makes an appearance on Survivor. She would return for the Loved Ones Challenge in Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains and would then eventually become a castaway in Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
- Jenna Lewis's brother Jai became the first family member to be disqualified during the Loved Ones Challenge. Jai had drank some of his water while he was still eating his tarantula dish, which was against the challenge rules.
- The Immunity Challenge is the same challenge used in The Australian Outback.
- This is the first time a contestant is eliminated from the challenge when they've run out of options (if a contestant runs out of matches and can't light their fire, they're out of the challenge).
- With Shii Ann Huang's elimination, all the members of the original Mogo Mogo tribe have been eliminated.
- Shii Ann warned the tribe to look out for Amber in her final words, and was proven right as Amber went on to win All-Stars.
- Shii Ann is the first returning player to serve as a jury member who previously wasn't a jury member in her first season.
|Survivor: All-Stars Episodes|
"They're Back!" · "Panicked, Desperate, Thirsty as Hell" · "Shark Attack" · "Wipe Out!" · "I've Been Bamboozled!" · "Outraged" · "Sorry... I Blew It" · "Pick a Tribemate" · "A Closer Look" · "Mad Scramble and Broken Hearts" · "Anger, Tears and Chaos" · "A Thoughtful Gesture or a Deceptive Plan" · "Stupid People, Stupid, Stupid People" · "A Chapera Surprise" · "The Instigator" · "The Sole Surviving All-Star"